What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A bizarre foam situation  (Read 3552 times)

Brookenstein

A bizarre foam situation
« on: January 27, 2006, 08:22:18 pm »
Foam... don't have it when I run the clean cycle, don't have it when we are in the tub and the jets are on (hit the inside panel 3 times), but when I turn the big valve doohickey that is to the left of the lounger and it turns on the low back portion of the chair in the corner to the right of the lounger (you followin'?) massive foam.  As long as that valve is off we never have foam as soon as it is on we have lots of foam.  I rinsed all my filters 3 days ago.  My water is clear, my levels are perfect.  Any clue?  The water is 58 days old so I will probably just do a water change in the next week or so.  I'm just curious if anyone has ever encountered something like this.

Hot Tub Forum

A bizarre foam situation
« on: January 27, 2006, 08:22:18 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: A bizarre foam situation
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 09:39:59 pm »
Are you injecting air with that lever? Does the water sit in the pipes and stagnate? Are the jets smaller or bigger than the rest?

Just some things that may affect the water.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 09:40:08 pm »
I never had that..... it seems odd

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 10:44:52 pm »
I am sure spa tech has it on film give him a chance to review it and I think he can figure it out...see there is a good side to just about everything..... ;)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 01:02:53 am »
I am sure spa tech has it on film give him a chance to review it and I think he can figure it out...see there is a good side to just about everything..... ;)

If you only knew!!!!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 10:13:49 am »
Brook, thats what you get when you buy one of those "Full Foam" spas.  Maybe some of the foam is got into that seat.   ;)   ;D  
Measure once, cut twice.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 11:34:24 am »
Brooke,

In addition to what salesdvl said, I just realized your tub is made by Hot Springs. They are known to have very wierd issues at times ... my advice is to throw out the tub at the next water change and get yourself a better quality tub, like mine ... I've only had to replace 5 jets so far! ;D

And in the past (and I'm sure in the future) I was always battleing foam but not with just one seat ... see I said HS was wierd! ;) ;D

Brookenstein

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 11:45:35 am »
What is the best way to dispose of my beuatiful new tub?  I do get 2 huge trash can pick ups a week.  I could use my circular saw or I wonder if my chainsaw would be better to cut it up into pieces that would fit?  Oooh, maybe I should use the new jackhammer.  That would be cool.  I think I have 2 90gal trash cans and a 450 gal tub, so by March my foam problem shall be no more.   ;D

Spateach t.u.o. I hope you upload the video here, that should be good stuff.

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:30:45 pm »
Don't worry about it. I'll have four of my trash men come by to get it.
No prob. When's a good time for you?

:)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:31:18 pm by st18901 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:30:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42