What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Waterfall features  (Read 9991 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Waterfall features
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 10:34:18 am »
Terminator
How do you use the Bella Fontana feature without having the jets on??

SRL

Just push the Jet Pump 2 button one time and the Bella Fontana will come on.  A few of the jets will come on low speed.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2006, 10:34:18 am »

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2006, 11:44:05 am »
Before Watkins introduced water features I had one lady walk out of our store, refusing to even look at the spas because we didn't have any waterfalls.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2006, 12:06:08 pm »
Before Watkins introduced water features I had one lady walk out of our store, refusing to even look at the spas because we didn't have any waterfalls.

I can relate... this certainly happens .....I think people see pictures and how nice things look particularly at night and think I have to have that...but after getting it they realize that comfort, reliability, therapy are what really matters .....

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2006, 01:19:36 pm »
but after getting it they realize that comfort, reliability, therapy are what really matters .....

I agree, if my spa had a waterfall I think it would be used just occasionally such as when guests arrive or with the kids. I know my wife thinks they're nice but I really wonder if she'd turn it on. She uses the spa 4-5 x per week and she uses the jets for a few minutes but then sits there reading with the jets off. In reality people make spa decisions on what they think they're going to like when they get their spa so while I'm sure it's not on the top of people's priorities I think many like them in the showrooms when considering purchasing and I have to believe it can be a small factor in some people's minds (maybe like a tiebreaker) even if they don't come right out and say it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 01:24:53 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2006, 02:07:18 pm »
Looks like its 3-0 in favor of no bumpers.   ;D  

Care to apologize yet Drewstar?   :-*

One should never doubt me.  You should know that by now.   ;)

and it's official.  Here' s the respionse from Toyota:

We appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry.

Regarding the information you have requested for the 1992/1993 year model trucks, the rear bumpers were an option.

Thank you again for your interest.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #<deleted by poster >. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Toyota Customer Experience

Brook is right. I was wrong.  Sorry Brook. I will never doubt you again on bumpers.
;D ;D ;D ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

Brookenstein

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2006, 03:50:35 pm »

Brook is right. I was wrong.  Sorry Brook. I will never doubt you again on bumpers.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Only on bumpers?  Come on now, I think I have shown that I have a vast and varried knowledge base and should never be doubted.   ;D

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2006, 03:58:19 pm »

Only on bumpers?  Come on now, I think I have shown that I have a vast and varried knowledge base and should never be doubted.   ;D

Yes Dear.

Oh....sorry,  for a second I  had this strange sensation that i was speaking to my wife.  :) ;)

Brook, you have proven yourself to be the queen of "know everythingness. "  ;D

wait....was it you  (or maybe cappy) that wanted to know how much dihrdrogenmonoxide  to add to thier tub?  :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 04:02:38 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2006, 10:23:24 pm »
Buckee,

The visual of what your son does with the waterfall gave me good chuckle.  Then I read some of what others wrote and you really started a hornets nest.

Guys, life is too short.  Be nice.

Duffman

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2006, 09:41:55 am »
I certainly agree that waterfalls generally add little more then a nice appearance to a spa.

Some spas have waterfalls that are actually functional though. On the Jacuzzi 385 there are two waterfalls positioned over a side seat. They are set apart just enough that each waterfall cascades over one of your shoulders. I have had guests comment that it is their favorite seat when they just want to soak and relax. It doesn't work as well for people taller than 5'7" though since their shoulders are too high when sitting normally.

In no way did the waterfalls did not factor into my decision to buy a J-385. However, I must admit that I use them. It feels very relaxing.

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2006, 09:45:39 am »
All great input, but I have a couple of questions. Does your car need automatic windshield wipers, or heated seats, electric windows, dvd players, individual entertainment centers, spinning hub caps, under carriage running lights (what ever they call those) ? No, no it doesn't, but all those things are things the buying public wants, just like hot tub stereos, exterior and interior color changing lights, and water features. As "worthless" as they may be, they apparently have value to some body, since every day I talk to customers that insist their new spa have at the very least a waterfall.

I actually equated the waterfall feature to the picture in picture on my TV. While I always thought PiP looked pretty cool in the show room, I've never bothered with it at home. My attention span is short enough as it is, no need to complicate the issue ;D . The fact that TV has PiP is a non issue for me. There were other features of the TV that I wanted that influenced my decision, and PiP kind of just came along for the ride (I don't know if you can even find a higher end TV without it). The Artesian Piper Glen that I eventually bought didnt even offer the wf feature as an option. Several of the other tubs I looked at (HS and Caldera) did, but I honestly can't remember if it was standard or optional. Will some, continue to enjoy the waterfall after the tub leaves the show room, certainly. Personally I think my rubber duck (also optional) was a better investment.

(Editing disabled while spellchecking)
Stop spell checking

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2006, 10:32:41 am »

and it's official.  Here' s the respionse from Toyota:

We appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry.

Regarding the information you have requested for the 1992/1993 year model trucks, the rear bumpers were an option.

Thank you again for your interest.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #<deleted by poster >. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Toyota Customer Experience

;D ;D ;D ;D

Bein tha "law" here in the backwoods of Virginny whur all us rednecks live, I kin attest to the fact that a lotta trucks up here use a piece of 4x4 lumber and two long bolts for the bumper and the license plate held on by two wood screws ta boot!!! ;)

-Sarge
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2006, 10:32:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42