What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring Classic Series  (Read 5649 times)

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
Hot Spring Classic Series
« on: January 20, 2006, 05:27:08 pm »
Hi.

Thanks for all the help. I got a call from a dealer wanting me to look at the Classic line from HotSpring.

I think he thinks this decision will be made totally on price and it bugs him, but that's ok with me. It won't be made that way at all but he doesn't need to know that. He called me with an  "05 grandee in the shrink wrap" for $9800. When I informed him he was 1500 above another HS dealer for that, he came back with the Classic line. Vanguard for 6995 and Grandee for 7995.

Any feed back on those Classic models?

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring Classic Series
« on: January 20, 2006, 05:27:08 pm »

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
Re: Hot Spring Classic Series
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 05:43:21 pm »
I had asked the same question a while back, so if you search "Hot Spring Classic Series" you should pull something up...

But if memory serves, they're a slight step down from the current Grandee HP series, correct HS people?

I think, effectively, what you'd be getting is a Grandee, although brand new, with the previous generation technology in it, in terms of jet strength.

However, if I had it to do over again, I'd take that Classic Series Grandee in a heart beat for $7995 US.  

Mark

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 05:43:49 pm »
Best selling spas of all time, best shell ever made (Endurol, I still wish every spa we sold was Endurol, won't scratch, won't stain, you can hit it with a baseball bat and not crack it).

No water features, no Double MotoMassage, smaller pumps simply because they are not necessary because of the above-mentioned items.  Technologically identical to the regular product line.  There are Classic Series HotSpring Spas well over 20 years old out there.  A few folks on this forum own them.

We still sell quite a few of them at our stores.  What's funny is that 3 years ago, they were considered to be the latest and greatest in the spa industry, now they are considered simply to be "Classics" because they have a white shell. ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 05:47:53 pm »
Frankly I'll take the other guy's Grandee for 8300 first but thanks for the info. I'll run a search. I had done that but maybe missed something.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 06:35:07 pm »
For the past twenty years, we have always jokingly, called the Classic, the Dog Dish. Not a bust against Hot Springs, Dog Dish or not, the Classic was one of the most reliable tubs ever made and in my opinion, it was the original tub that made Hot Springs famous. As a tech who has serviced hundreds of these,I have never been a big fan of the looks of the Classic, but it has always been a darn good tub. Any old photos of Classics out there? Dave.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 06:35:48 pm by NJDave »

magic_man

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 11:05:09 pm »
Yes yes, Endurol woudn't crack my butt, except the dreaded step in area . I can't even start to think of how much permalite I had to smell to re-inforce the step and back with fibre glass. The endurol wasn't fool proof but on the other hand we we would beat the shell with the filter lid to show customers how strong it was. We sold the spas in colder temps. and would find cracks along the bar top of the shell as well, more due to freeze thaw process.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 09:38:13 am »
Any old photos of Classics out there? Dave.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 11:24:56 am »
For the past twenty years, we have always jokingly, called the Classic, the Dog Dish. Not a bust against Hot Springs, Dog Dish or not, the Classic was one of the most reliable tubs ever made and in my opinion, it was the original tub that made Hot Springs famous. As a tech who has serviced hundreds of these,I have never been a big fan of the looks of the Classic, but it has always been a darn good tub. Any old photos of Classics out there? Dave.

Hot Springs used to sell a spa called "The Classic", shaped like a dog dish. Now if you look at their website they have a spa line called "classic series" but it is not that old spa but rather their regular spas in the white shells. Kind of confusing terminology for those who think of the dog dish spa when they hear that name.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

salesdvl

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 12:20:26 pm »
I agree.  Endurol will crack.  The best material ever was the ancient Rovel.  Now that was baseball battable.  I remember regularly taking the filter lid and hitting as hard as I could against the shell.  That made a great show.  I also remember taking a filter lid home and trying to stain it. (coffee, tea, mustard etc...) brought it back to the store the next day and noone knew anything.
My 89 Sovereign has Rovel as is my tiptop cover.  
Gude stuff!
Measure once, cut twice.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 09:01:10 pm »
Hey Term,
Thanks, for the photo of "The Classic". Probably one of the first models made by Hot Springs. The model has been around since I started in 1985.

SpaTech t.u.o,
You are right, I saw Classic and immediately, thought they were speaking about the "Classic" Model, instead of Classic Series. Thanks, for clarifying. Dave.

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 09:47:30 pm »
SalesDVL is right.  The old rovel was the stongest stuff out there.  Unfortunately, Watkins changed to a product called DRL acrylic and it isn't at all close to the strength of the Rovel.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 09:47:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42