What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs  (Read 2676 times)

spiman

• Tub is in!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Hot Springs
« on: January 25, 2006, 02:20:21 pm »
I have been over so many forums the last few days my mind is mush, but decided to join this one. I am looking to purchase my first spa within a month or 2. Is Hot Springs worth the money and what is everybody's favorite model?
Have at it!

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs
« on: January 25, 2006, 02:20:21 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot Springs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 02:25:37 pm »
I have been over so many forums the last few days my mind is mush, but decided to join this one. I am looking to purchase my first spa within a month or 2. Is Hot Springs worth the money and what is everybody's favorite model?

spiman,

I know the feeling.

HotSprings is considered to be one of the best hot tubs available.   Eveones favorite? No. But anyone who knows what they are talking about cannot say the Hotspings doesn't produce a high quality product.

07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 02:26:58 pm »
Hot Springs is very popular.  But do yourself a favor and compare and test a couple brands, that way you can see for yourself what is out there, and what fits your body (and budget!).
You'll get a lot of advice from the HS dealers on this board, and many satisfied customers.  
But do check out others too.
Above all, wet test!  Have fun, and don't take it too seriously.
Brewman

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 02:41:38 pm »
I agree totally.  I sold Hot Spring for over 20 years and they make a great product, but there are many many other spa maunufatcurers that also build great hot tubs, but just dont have as big a marketing budget.

Figure out what you want in terms of features etc... narrow it down to a few models/brands and wet test.  

Good luck.
Measure once, cut twice.

spiman

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 02:43:14 pm »
The thing i am interested in most besides comfort is energy effeciency. This spa will be outside on a deck under a porch roof in central PA. and most of the year gets zero sunlight. Hot Springs seems to push effeciency more than most.  8)
Have at it!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 02:53:19 pm »
Many many  folks in the cold climates have hotsprings and they work great in the outside winter cold (and are efficent).  I have a tub made by thier sister company that employs the same insulation as Hotsprings and  it's outside in Central MA.  It's great.

As Brewman said, in addition to Hotpsrings, there are a few other manufactuers that make a quality tub. You would be doing yourself a dis-service  not to check them out.

I was very concerned with insualtion when I bought my tub and went with the Full Foam insulation and it's worked out well.   Although most   tubs available are 240v systems, there are a few entry level tubs that are not (or are available with either 110v or 240v). I Strongly recomend you get a 240v system for an outdoor tub in the north east.

What are you looking for in a tub?   Do you have a budget or any space restrictions? How many people would be using the tub? What have you looked at so far? Any thoughts?

« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 02:55:55 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 02:55:26 pm »
Yes, in my opinion, they are worth the money.  There are many spa brands nowadays that cost more than the HotSpring, believe it or not.  The Envoy is my personal favorite and, evidently, many other folks' as well.  It became the number 1 selling spa in the world in only it's second year on the market.

There are other fine spas available, it just depends on which one is right for you.

As far as energy efficiency, HotSpring is VERY committed to keeping it's energy usage as low as possible.

Good luck in your shopping! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

spiman

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 02:58:34 pm »
I haven't been anywhere yet besides this goofy machine in front of me. Everywhere i go Vanguard keeps popping up. Space is not a problem. Energy miser, comfort, looks and practicality top the list
Have at it!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 03:05:47 pm »
I haven't been anywhere yet besides this goofy machine in front of me. Everywhere i go Vanguard keeps popping up. Space is not a problem. Energy miser, comfort, looks and practicality top the list

I liked the Vanguard too, but when my wife and I sat in it, we  felt we were drowning (we are not the tallest folks around)  :)    I think the Envoy that was mentioned is simillar, but has the lounger.
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 03:22:36 pm »
Precisely why wet testing is so important.  Seating, jets, and the like play a big part in your oveall satisfaction.
You'll find no useful information regarding energy usage.
Most of the major players should be pretty close in that regard- as long as you're comparing spas of similar size.
Sooner or later in your shopping quest, the question of full foam vs thermopane will arise.  Don't get drawn in.
Good insulation is important for energy savings, and there are a couple accepted ways to achieve it.
Cheap spas skimp on it, but so far you don't seem to be looking there.  Wise move.
Brewman

salesdvl

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 03:36:40 pm »
You're getting good advice so far.  Keep in mind that the difference between the best energy efficient spa ( whichever that may be) and the 10th most efficient may only be a couple of dollars a month in reality so use it as a guide but dont get fixated.  The personal comfort can vary alot so wet testing will be important.  I once had a customer sit in a dry display and hated it but later when she came in a wet tested the same model, she said it was the most comfortable and had the best jet comfort.

A couple of things that often get focussed on but actually have no bearing on quality:  # of jets & the horsepower of the motors.  Just like the full foam vs thermopane suggestion above, dont get bogged down with these.  
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 03:36:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42