What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2006 Accolade?  (Read 5688 times)

timothy

• you only live once.
2006 Accolade?
« on: January 24, 2006, 12:47:31 pm »
I am about to buy a new 06 HS Accolade. I have been promissed $6995.00 cash out the door.
I had to sell my beloved Grandee when I moved and the Accolade is about the biggest I can fit in my new place.
I have done a ton of research and HS is the only spa I would ever buy but I have not seen any reviews on  the accolade and I know it's a newer model.
Any advice?

Hot Tub Forum

2006 Accolade?
« on: January 24, 2006, 12:47:31 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: 2006 Accolade?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 01:02:05 pm »
Timothy,

I do not know  too much about the acolade, only what's on the net.   I was disapointed to see that it only has one pump, sits 4 and It doesn't  look like it has any cool off seats.

I know you mentioned you had space restrictions, (the accolade is speced out at 6'6" x 7' 3")  What are the dimensions that tub must fit into?  Perhaps there are other tubs that would also fit?  At least that way, you can compare it to other tubs?

For instance, my Caspain is 7 x 7, (made by Hotsprings, and  is a sister company of HS and is made at the same factory) has 3 pumps, 2 cool of seats, seats up to 6 or so, and might fit into the same foot print....

? ? ?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 01:41:34 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

timothy

• you only live once.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 01:13:46 pm »
I considered the caspian because of its size and its also made by watkins. I love that pearl silver shell too but the dealer said things about not having the same filtration system as HS and that I would only save about 300 bucks over the Accolade. I guess he talked me out of it which actually made me more interested in it.
How do you like your filter system?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 01:14:44 pm »
Someone on this site was talking about that spa a couple weeks back. Use the search function above and extend the search time to 2 months and you'll find some discussion.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2006, 01:19:04 pm »
I noticed the filter area of the Allcolade was more than 2x  of the Caspian.  The Caspian has just a standard filter and I think it's measured at 65 sq ft.  where as the Accolade is 195 sq feet and is a tri-x. (What's that? A different material? finer filtering?)

I have had no problems with mine.  90% of the time it's only me using the tub (about 3-4 times a week).   Others with more bathers or more use might see a difference?  ?    The Accoldae does seem to have a better filter (if you go by filter size) but I think the Caspian works fine. (perhaps a dealer who has seen these work side by side can comment).   I have to say though, the Acolade seems like overkill at 195 sq feet of filtering? The Vanguard wich has about 100 gallons of more water is only  150 sq ft. ?

If you can fit a 7 x 7 tub into your space I am sure your options are more than the accolade.  The Vanguard  is  7.3 x7.3  (But maybe it's also  price and size)?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 01:36:59 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2006, 01:49:04 pm »
For comparision,  what about the Sundance Marin? (isn't Sundance made by Watkins as well?)

Same size as the accolade...

http://sundancespas.com/800Series/Marin.php
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 02:12:34 pm »
For comparision,  what about the Sundance Marin? (isn't Sundance made by Watkins as well?)
http://sundancespas.com/800Series/Marin.php

Bite your tongue drewstar!!!! Sundance is owned by Jacuzzi or the other way around, I can't remember.  But, they are not affiliated with Watkins in any way.

Regarding the Accolade, it is a high-performance, extremely therapeutic, 4-person spa on steroids.  If you are limited on space but want powerful jets, it is a great little spa.  I have a customer that owns one and loves it.  It fits her space.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2006, 02:20:08 pm »
Bite your tongue drewstar!!!! Sundance is owned by Jacuzzi or the other way around, I can't remember.  But, they are not affiliated with Watkins in any way.

Regarding the Accolade, it is a high-performance, extremely therapeutic, 4-person spa on steroids.  If you are limited on space but want powerful jets, it is a great little spa.  I have a customer that owns one and loves it.  It fits her space.

Terminator

Mei culpa,  mei culpa,  mei maxima culpa for the Sundace=Watkins reference. :)

I disagree about perfomance. It's got one 2.5 hp pump.  Decent enough, but I wouldnt say it's on "steroids".  ?  

Why (the apparently) over sized filter?  Or are other tubs with less filter size, undersized?

I like Hotsprings, but this one doesn't even have the moto massage, they HS trademark?

I think at the size and price range there are other contenders to consider (after all,  he asked. So I am just playing "Devils Advocate" .    :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 02:21:22 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2006, 02:25:25 pm »
It's got a 2.5 HP pump but that is powering fewer jets than your spa.  It has 3 Tri-X filters that insure there is no-bypass in the filtration system.  I've used the Accolade at my store plenty of times and, although it's not my favorite, it gives a great massage and is perfect for 4 large people (me and 3 fat women).

Don't get me wrong, I love the Caspian as well.  It's my wife's favorite spa.  She loves the footdome and the deep corner seats.  I was just giving Timothy my review of the Accolade. :)

Terminator

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 02:38:35 pm »
It's got a 2.5 HP pump but that is powering fewer jets than your spa.  It has 3 Tri-X filters that insure there is no-bypass in the filtration system.  I've used the Accolade at my store plenty of times and, although it's not my favorite, it gives a great massage and is perfect for 4 large people (me and 3 fat women).

Don't get me wrong, I love the Caspian as well.  It's my wife's favorite spa.  She loves the footdome and the deep corner seats.  I was just giving Timothy my review of the Accolade. :)

Terminator

I think the size seating is a significant point.  For a smaller tub, the sculpted seats look very roomy.  Manylarger folks have said in this forum, the sculpted seats on the Caspain were a bit small for them.

But, as I said, for the sake of argument, there are other tubs that might fit into the same footprint and offer different features for the money.

07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2006, 02:45:41 pm »
But, as I said, for the sake of argument, there are other tubs that might fit into the same footprint and offer different features for the money.

Yes, but Timothy dismissed any talk of other brands by stating "HS (HotSpring) is the only spa I would ever buy".  You're playing devil's advocate by attempting to turn him over to the Devil himself.

Sun-dance ie. "to celebrate, in frenzied gyrations, the Sun god" ;D

Leadeth him not into temptation....

Terminator

salesdvl

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2006, 02:56:53 pm »
Devil?  Did someone call?
Measure once, cut twice.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2006, 02:58:03 pm »
Devil?  Did someone call?

See what you did, drewstar?  Old Scratch done showed up in person.  Way to go you old heathen......

Terminator

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2006, 03:00:53 pm »
Yes, but Timothy dismissed any talk of other brands by stating "HS (HotSpring) is the only spa I would ever buy".  You're playing devil's advocate by attempting to turn him over to the Devil himself.

Terminator

Well, if its got to say Hot Springs on it, and be that size, then there is no discussion.  Unless you reveailed to him that Hot Springs spa's actaully cause baldness  :o ;) ;)

07 Caldera Geneva

hymbaw

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 03:03:37 pm »

Terminator

Easy Term!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2006, 03:03:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42