What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub blues  (Read 3981 times)

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
hot tub blues
« on: January 14, 2006, 05:54:39 am »
well since the misses got knocked up, it has been a lonely time.  For the past 4 months, I have been in it only a handful of times.  I get bored out there by myself and I feel bad when I go in, because I know that she really wants to go in.

I am getting a little worried that the hype has worn off and now it is just an extra item in the back yard.  

I went in the other night with my neighbour for 2 1/2 hours, it was my longest soak and the most alcohol in the tub ever.  Well a strong headache from overheating and over drinking learned me.

anyway, just wanted to know if anyone else has had this feeling of feeling like the glamour has vanished.  How do you get it back.

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub blues
« on: January 14, 2006, 05:54:39 am »

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
Re: hot tub blues
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 06:35:09 am »
When we first got our tub, it was the beginning of summer, (SE Va. = hot!) The only time our spa room was cool enough to use was late at night, so we would use it right before bedtime.

Towards the end of summer, the every night thing was getting old to us also, because we felt we had to go.... every night.

Now that the weather has cooled off, we mix it up, sometimes late at night, sometimes at dusk, and on the weekend, early morning. Plus we have cut our use down to 4-5 days a week. Still loving the tub though.

On your "pics" post, you mentioned maybe wanting to add a structure around your tub. Ours is indoors, and although I don't show it in my pictures, we have a little bar-like table with stools set up in the corner. Sometimes I let the wife hit the tub first, while I just hang out with an adult beverage.

If you built an enclosure, even if it was just "seasonal", you could heat it, and with seating, your wife (and the baby monitor  ;) ) could at least hang out there with you.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 11:14:54 am »
bosco,

I almost always use the tub alone. My wife comes in about once every other month and  my 10 YO is about once a week or two.

YES!! It is lonely out there by myself. I was hoping that the family would come in more often. My wife would complain about how cold the pool is and she wished it was at least 90º and then she would go in. Well I keep my hot tub at 101 - 102º and she still doesn't go in.

I have stopped using it everynight also. Maybe I go in 2 or 3 times a week. It's not boring, just lonely. What I'm trying to do is to bring music out there to keep my mind from feeling lonely and it seems to work for now. I don't do it every night but the few times I used it worked OK. I would imagine that it will get old too after a while.

I know what you're going through but on the bright side when your wife delivers, she'll be back! Maybe I should try bribery on my family.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 03:21:50 pm »
bosco
sorry to hear about that "regretful feeling".
i dont think its the hype that wore off. its just that your wife cant join you; and that was the point. for both of you to be out in the tub enjoying eachothers company. btw, congrats on the upcomming child. im sure that as soon as the misses is able to soak again, this feeling of "should i have bought it" will pass. just turn the temp down and let the little one splash around some. now thats family fun. feel like i need to put an asterix next to that....i have dont have a family of my own, so i might not be the best person to say that ;D
Marquis dealer

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 03:48:06 pm »
I love my tub like I did when  I bought it.  My wife is inside with the baby,   my stepdaughter uses it rarely, and never with me, so it is one of the few places I can be totally in peace by myself.  I also can crank up my classic rock with nobody complaining that it's boring music.

I normally go in after work and the dinner is cleaned up and the stuff on tv is boring to me.  I am a 5 day a week user and have been for 8 months.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 04:58:28 pm »
I like the chance to get away for minutes or so and just unwind. I really take advantage of the personal therapy side of things and its great when my soon to be wife joins me.....but being alone in the spa I also find to be very relaxing and away to get away for few minutes....

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 05:04:08 pm »
I like the chance to get away for minutes or so and just unwind. I really take advantage of the personal therapy side of things and its great when my soon to be wife joins me.....but being alone in the spa I also find to be very relaxing and away to get away for few minutes....

She's seen you in the spa and still wants to marry you??? Wow! No wonder you want to tie this one down. It also let's me know why you don't want to get her around all of us in Mexico incase we tell stories before the wedding!! ;) ;D 8)

I'm a bit bummed not having you to go into to town with...now whos going to intimidate the locals for me?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 05:04:52 pm by stuart »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2006, 05:38:23 pm »
lol.....well..you never know we just might still be there...if we can get everything in order....its just tough since we are getting married 3 days after the trip.....

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2006, 06:00:53 pm »
mendo
congrats on the upcoming wedding. enjoy the trip to mexico.

ill miss sthis trip.....but theres always next year!
Marquis dealer

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 06:20:00 pm »
Thank you and we will see you soon.....

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 09:36:54 pm »
I know what you mean bosco.  The newness has kind of worn off for me as well...and we've only had since September!

I wish my husband would use it by himself.  I wish someone would use it.  Too big an expenditure to be sitting in the backyard.  I think we need to have a party and I see that in the near future.

Hope we "get our groove back"...LOL!
2005 Marquis Epic

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 06:20:58 am »
We have had this tub for 4 1/2 years Before that we did not have one for the last 6 years and before that we had one for 4 years. Our usage back when we got the first one was everyday at first sometimes twice a day as alot here have stated. That tapered off after about a year to a few times a week as the honeymoon wore off and remained steady during the fall winter and spring at 2-3 times a week. After the 6 year hiatus we started in again with a little heavier use but it tapered quickly to a couple times a week and now we look forward to entertaining with friends a couple times a month more than anything. So it is an expensive entertainment tool but a very enjoyable location to socialize with friends.
Retired

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 09:08:44 am »
I've always had a real fondness for the therapy a hottub provides.  Before owning one, I was always sneaking into apartment complexes near my old house and using their tubs.

It was often a big dissapointment to arrive ready to soak and find the tub out of order, not hot, or full of people.  I was always looking over my shoulder hoping not to get tossed by security.  I guess you could say I was a compulsive closet soaker.  I always knew I would own one someday.

Wet testing tubs showed me how poor the jets were in the typical inground spa and I soon fell in love with the premium spas.  Having my own spa, my own music, my own privacy and being able to soak with no worry of a tap on my shoulder still hasn't worn off and may never.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 09:12:41 am »
I've always had a real fondness for the therapy a hottub provides.  Before owning one, I was always sneaking into apartment complexes near my old house and using their tubs.

So THAT'S why you moved from Jersey, I thought your face looked familiar. The apartment police will be coming to your house! ;D

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 09:26:00 am »
Actually I moved from Jersey because Orlando provided me a place where nobody has a serious job and I thought I could goof off for the rest of my life and keep my Peter Pan complex and be accepted.  I've since matured but set roots and find the climate suits my clothes.

I don't remember hottubs being standard in NJ as far as apartment ammenities, but they certainly are in Florida.  I do miss a lot about Jersey and look forward to the new Soprano's episodes starting in March.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 09:26:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42