What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What Dishwasher Cycle Do You Use?  (Tri-X Filters)  (Read 5159 times)

Brookenstein

What Dishwasher Cycle Do You Use?  (Tri-X Filters)
« on: January 12, 2006, 03:47:15 pm »
I used the dishwasher 2 weeks ago for the first time.  I was a bit worried about using the dishwasher so I used the Gentle cycle.  I don't think it was powerful enough.

I have these choices on my new dishwasher...
Smart Cycle
Pots and Pans
Normal Wash
China/Gentle
Quick Rinse

I cleaned my filters for the first time today with filter cleaner (I've only rinsed them in the past).  After rinsing with the hose I put them in the DW again.  I'm doing the pots and pans cycle this time.  Its been going for nearly 1.5 hours.  I just opened the door to flip them over and was surprised by the amount of suds in the bottom.  I'm guessing I will do the quick rinse when it is done to make sure it is thoroughly rinsed.

I put 3 of the filters upright and 2 laying flat... all on the bottom rack.  

Also, what about Jet Dry?  Do people make sure their jet dry is empty in the DW before they put in the filters?  I don't know how to 'turn it off'.

So... what do you do?

Hot Tub Forum

What Dishwasher Cycle Do You Use?  (Tri-X Filters)
« on: January 12, 2006, 03:47:15 pm »

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
Re: What Dishwasher Cycle Do You Use?  (Tri-X Filt
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 04:00:00 pm »
I use normal cycle, no soap, no dry. ours has no jet dry, turn the filters 1 time in the middle of the wash and take them out as soon as it stops.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 04:28:13 pm »
Normal wash, air dry.  Mine does a good job with not fuss and no muss.

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 04:32:45 pm »
Do you rinse with the hose first or put them directly into the dishwasher?

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 04:41:03 pm »
I put them directly into the dishwasher.  I do this every time I change the water, which is about every other month.

Bill

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 04:52:10 pm »
Sorry for all the questions...

So, you just put in the dw every other month?  Do you do anything else i.e. filter cleaner, rinse with hose, etc. ever?

Buckee

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 05:41:25 pm »
Getting ready to do mine the first time on Saturday.  Should I run the dishwasher empty first to be sure all soap is cleared out?  Is it smart to do all 5 at a time, or is 3 then 2 better?  And I'm thinking the heat from the dry cycle can't be a good thing, right?  Can't hurt to put wet filters back in the tub anyway.  Thanks for help!

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 06:25:27 pm »
I do rinse with a hose first, dont know if it is needed, but I give a quick rinse, then put all 5 in at once. I use nothing else, no filter cleaner or anything. I have had my tub since 4-1-2005 and have put them in the DW 2times at the water changes. My water has been good always. I do rinse with a hose about every month or so between water changes. Thats it!! No $100.00 replacement filters or filter cleaner
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 06:28:18 pm by jsimo7 »

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 09:40:20 am »
Ok here is my whole drill.  I rinse the filters with a hose every weekend or every other weekend.  This takes 5 minutes to do.  Actually the only one that ever even looks like it needs rinsing is the one on the circ pump so the rest could be ignored.  When I drain the tub, which I do before going to bed at night so that it is empty in the morning, I take all 5 filters out and put them in the dishwasher.  No rinse first, normal cycle, air dry (i.e. no heat), no detergent.  The next morning I clean the tub with a wash cloth and some shell cleaner or baking soda used like a scouring powder, rinse it out and then refill the tub, turn the power back on, chemicals are added.  This routine is very easy to do and ensures that my water is safe and clear.  

One thing that I did was to bring a sample of the water from the pre-filter that HotSpring provides with each new tub to the friendly local chem store for analysis.  The computer print out is one that I keep because it lists the quantitities of each chemical and the order of addition.  

Regards,

Bill

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
I like the hose better....
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2006, 12:45:44 pm »
I had better luck cleaning my filters with a pressure nozzle and garden hose.  I would like to use one of those spinning devices that Terminator uses. Where did you find that Term?

I'm still not clear what the advantage of the dishwasher is?  I had to rinse the left over crap off with a hose when I took them out of my dishwasher. It only takes me about five minutes to clean them with a pressure nozzle.  Maybe I just have a lousy dishwasher.......
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brookenstein

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 12:58:04 pm »
I wasn't that impressed with the dishwasher either (and mine rocks!) but my filters were pretty clean when I put them in.  I think I will use it after I use filter cleaner to make sure I got all the suds out.  I will continue to rinse them weekly with the hose and maybe at water changes do the dishwasher.  It takes just as long to walk from the tub to the kitchen as it does for me to rinse them with the hose.   :)

timcreech

• 2004 Vanguard
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 12:09:24 am »
When you all rinse with the hose do you rinse between every pleat, or just a general up and down and all around?

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: What Dishwasher Cycle Do You Use? ?(Tri-X Filt
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 01:14:58 am »
Yes, I shoot a stream of water in-between the pleats as well as directly on the major surface. When I'm done the filters are ivory white without using filter cleaner.  When I used my dishwasher they came out looking somewhat stained. Again, it's probably my dishwasher or the method I used. If the dishwasher works for you go for it.

When you all rinse with the hose do you rinse between every pleat, or just a general up and down and all around?

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: I like the hose better....
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 04:15:52 pm »
 I would like to use one of those spinning devices that Terminator uses. Where did you find that Term?

It was sent over from our main store.  I'll try and find out for you.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

Re: I like the hose better....
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 04:15:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42