What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Rotary jets - Do yourself a favor ...  (Read 4599 times)

Buckee

Rotary jets - Do yourself a favor ...
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:15:23 pm »
... if you have a HotSprings tub (& maybe some others).  We have an '05 Vista & recently replaced all the middle sized jets with rotary jets (5 possible in the Vista).  It completely changes the feel of the seats - and putting rotaries in the lounge footwell is an improvement of orgasmic proportion.  The first 2 we got from the dealer; found 3 more on ebay for half the price, delivered, all new OEM Hotspring parts.  They just screw in and out by hand, no tools required.  I think these fit most HS tubs, just different numbers & placement - somebody can validate.

If only Hotspring would make all jets changeable - the rotaries make the others a bit disappointing, but I think that's only for those of us who use the tub every nite.  Guess which seats we grab first when company's over?

Hot Tub Forum

Rotary jets - Do yourself a favor ...
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:15:23 pm »

OKC

• We love LA
Re: Rotary jets - Do yourself a favor ...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 05:44:46 pm »
I have a question.  On my rotory jets....sometimes they dont spin.  Is there something I can do to make them spin all the time.  I dont know if they get dirty and that prevents them from spinning or what.  Before you ask they are not locked in dont spin position.  I believe that the jet pressure is the same for all of the jets.  Any ideas?

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 05:48:59 pm »
I have a Marquis Epic...any of you Marquis dealers know if jet arrangement can be changed to accommodate rotaries?  I'd love to be able to do this.
2005 Marquis Epic

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 06:30:26 pm »
... if you have a HotSprings tub (& maybe some others).  We have an '05 Vista & recently replaced all the middle sized jets with rotary jets (5 possible in the Vista).  It completely changes the feel of the seats - and putting rotaries in the lounge footwell is an improvement of orgasmic proportion.  The first 2 we got from the dealer; found 3 more on ebay for half the price, delivered, all new OEM Hotspring parts.  They just screw in and out by hand, no tools required.  I think these fit most HS tubs, just different numbers & placement - somebody can validate.

If only Hotspring would make all jets changeable - the rotaries make the others a bit disappointing, but I think that's only for those of us who use the tub every nite.  Guess which seats we grab first when company's over?

I did the same thing and the spinners are great

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 06:43:49 pm »
Cappycat, you can get them for the Epic.  I have been bugging my useless dealer to get them for me for eight months.  I guess that it is time I contact Marquis.
Later

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 08:29:44 pm »
Every jet that ins't an HK40 or a neckjet on the Epic can accomodate a swirl jet insert.  

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 09:37:36 pm »
Thanks Cola and Hideaway...I'm going to ask my dealer about them.  
2005 Marquis Epic

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 09:54:05 pm »
To those who have Marquis ... you have a source right here ... Mendo and Stuart ... If your dealers won't help you maybe they will!

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 08:33:47 am »
I have a question.  On my rotory jets....sometimes they dont spin.  Is there something I can do to make them spin all the time.  I dont know if they get dirty and that prevents them from spinning or what.  Before you ask they are not locked in dont spin position.  I believe that the jet pressure is the same for all of the jets.  Any ideas?

Many times a small speck of sand/grit is all that keeps a spinner from spinning.  During a soak, when I find one that is hesitant, I remove the jet and vigorously "splash" it back and forth at the surface of the water.  This dislodges the grit and the spinner is happy.

There is another occaision when water balance is is too basic and results in calcification.  This would probably result in numerous spinners with problems and should be avoided with proper water chemistry.  If this is the case, removing spinners and soaking them in a solution of vinegar or "lime away" diluted with water a bit would dissolve the calcium and free up the bearings or the races of bearingless spinners.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 10:56:22 am »
If you can take the jets out and turn them by hand while putting pressure against them it usually dislodges obstructions. Sometime low ALK can cause this and I've even gone so far as to dissect the jet  and clean it (word of warning, do this at your Kitchen table with a large pan under you and do one jet at a time).

cola,
If you need help getting jets email me...In fact I would prefer that you let me know who the dealer is and I will help them get better at follow up, the people in charge may not know. Just PM me or email me.

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 10:49:51 pm »
As a person who works in the service field, I understand the hurdles that other service people have to deal with every day.  I bought my Epic last may, one of the first in Ontario, Canada.  I noticed shortly after that there was low pressure in one of the thigh jets.  I contacted my sales guy (he owns his company) and let him know about it.  I told him that I did not need it fixed right away, because I knew that he was ramping up with the pool season.  I let him know that the fall would be fine.  When late October came, I contacted him by email to let him know about this new problem.  Here is part of the email

" hope things are well
I found a new problem with my tub this morning that I wanted to pass along
The air injection on pump one does not turn off.  The valve feels the same as the one on pump two.  I did a water change 9 days ago, but it was OK after that.  This is on the same side as the Adirondack chair that has the low flow from one of the thigh jets.  One additional problem that I have is that the light bulb was seated in the socket on an angle and melted against the holder.  It needs to be replaced.
I have to remove the stairs for work to be performed on the tub and this has to happen before frost as the posts are about a half inch into the ground.  Could you please call to schedule a time.  My wife works Tuesday through Thursday, so other days would be good.  We will be gone on vacation Nov. 4 through Nov. 14.  There is an outdoor disconnect for power.

I also need to get a set of filters, a scum sock and you had three mineral cartridges on back order at the time of tub delivery.

I would still like to get a price on a set of four spinner jets and one head rest.  My wife's birthday is fast approaching
"

Well they didn't reply to my email, but admitted to reading it when I called them a week later.
They never did take care of anything listed in the email
I talked to him last week and he promised to get a part on order.  Well a week later and no word
Yesterday, I called in the evening and let the girl know that I expected a call back today or I would contact Marquis.  No call but he did show up.  I got home after dark tonight and it's raining so I haven't had the opportunity to check it out but I am sure that the valve is OK now.
Well it's time for me to go
Later
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 10:51:25 pm by cola »

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 08:31:41 am »

It's funny, I was just considering replacing my rotary jets with the standard jets. I only have two in the tub(HS Landmark) currently but they are the only jets I have had to replace.  The center part pops out and the ball bearings sort of shoot all over. I am still under warranty so my dealer has replaced them for free so that is not an issue.   And to clarify, it is not like they are popping out evey other week. I  have had my tub for 3 years and replaced each of them once and I just had the first one I replaced pop this past weekend.  I am still up in the air on whether I will get another rotary jet from the dealer or ask him to just give me the standard jet.  So many choices....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 08:31:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42