What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Do you speak during the act...  (Read 3477 times)

Brookenstein

Do you speak during the act...
« on: January 12, 2006, 11:28:27 am »
of tubbing?

I think the only words spoke when we are out in the tub are "Put the jets on" and "Reay to get out?".  There of course are a couple of head nods to go with that.

I figured the tub would give us a chance as just the adults to talk about our day and whatnot... instead the husband, sits with his eyes closed and doesn't utter a sound.  I know he's not a big talker, but its almost eerie how quiet is out there.  But it is relaxing and I guess talking about work, kids, bills, probably wouldn't be.

So what do others do in the tub?

Hot Tub Forum

Do you speak during the act...
« on: January 12, 2006, 11:28:27 am »

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
Re: Do you speak during the act...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 11:35:41 am »
When tubbing alone, I'm quiet for the most part (unless you people on the outside can here all the noise inside my head ;))  When my wife joins me, we talk about our kids, jobs, vacation ideas and plans etc. We will spend upwards of an hour just enjoying each other's company.  Great for the health of our marriage!!

Steve

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 12:46:29 pm »
Brooke sometimes we sit and dont speak ...  sometimes talk the entire soak. It seems like the late night soaks are quiet and our morning soaks include good conversation. Sometimes we comunicate well without any words!! Those soaks are priceless!!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:54:27 pm »
Depends on the day or night...we try to keep our tub time as relaxing as possible and we have gotten into a few heated debutes about politics, the nosey neighbors and such. But, for the most part if I'm in alot of pain we don't talk much....if I'm medicated up I talk non stop! Can you all imagine being married to me?? hehehehehe Mom always told me i talked to much!

sunnydee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 12:55:19 pm »
Brooke...My husband installed "rock-coustic" speakers outside. So pretty much we soak and sing.  ;D

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 01:08:10 pm »
Sometimes we talk, sometimes we don't.
Once in a while we moan and groan. :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 01:19:45 pm »
We are usually quiet in the hot tub.

It's the next door  nieghbors who are always  talking.

Usually they  say  "For the love of god, put some cloths on!"
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 01:28:24 pm »
You know what I noticed the other day? My son and husband were in the tub talking over the jets. It's kind of like being in a boat and talking over the sound of the motor, you are really loud and everyone outside hears you (the jets don't muffle the sound at all). Although I live pretty far from my neighbors, I am a little more careful about the conversations that we have in the tub.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 04:39:36 pm »
Well Brook, truth time here.  My wife Bonnie, lives most of the time in our home in Massachusetts; whereas, as most of you know, I live in West Palm Beach, Florida.  This is a job issue for us, not a choice issue.  We have been married for almost 37 years and are striving together to make ours a permanent relationship.  With that explanation, you can imagine that our time together is precious.  As such when we are in the tub together we talk and generally raise hell and don't give damn what the neighbors think.   ;-)

Regards,

Bill

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 09:51:40 pm »
I typically go in alone and I try not to talk to myself. :)

When I go in with my 10 YO, he sometimes talks a lot and has a lot of fun singing and floating and playing around. This is not a time for a peaceful soak. My thoughts are at least he's here with me and let him have as much fun as he wants. The years go too quickly and he probably will stop going in with me in a few years. Sometimes when there are no clouds, we look into the sky (kinda hard when we have all this light polution here in NJ)

When my wife goes in, we usually talk. But we tend not to put the pumps on so that we don't have to shout.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2006, 07:15:25 am »
I work steady afternoon shifts with rotating days off.

My wife works all 3 shifts randomly with no set days off and she gets her schedule one month in advance.

The end result is that it is rare when we have time off together and when we do, it always seems like we are too busy to sit and talk.

So the tub has also become our conversation pit... after our relaxation soak we shut off the pumps and talk.

Our favorite time is after we both get off the afternoon shift around 11PM - we soak for an hour then go to bed for a great night's sleep.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2006, 11:11:21 am »
We have had some of our best conversations in the tub. We both find it one of the best ways to relax and unwind at the end of the day. We may add music, in the future, but for now, we truly enjoy each others company.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2006, 04:56:03 pm »
We don't talk for the first 5 or 10 minuets as we get into the therapy but when we go to the cool down seats we have great conversations. That is if we can get a word in edgewise with my 6 year old there.

gobucks145

• Go BUCKS!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 09:35:52 am »
It's great family time for us. I get to hear about my 13 year old daughter's day at school and what is going on in her life. I wouldn't trade that time for anything. How many teens are holed up in their rooms on the internet and video games not even speaking to their parents? We set aside tubtime. It's wonderful!!!
Proud to be a BUCKEYE!!!

salesdvl

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 10:17:40 am »
Makes me remember one of my favorite quotes.  One of my high school teachers had it on a sign.  

"Sometimes I sits and thinks, sometimes I just sits".
Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 10:17:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42