What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Epic Wet-test and Pricing  (Read 4993 times)

pallison74

Marquis Epic Wet-test and Pricing
« on: December 31, 2005, 04:07:30 pm »
Today I wet-tested the Marquis Epic as well as the HS Envoy.  I can definetly say that I prefered the Epic, feeling that the hydrotherapy was better.   The problem is the price.  I walked in expecting to pay around $9200 with the usual extras (the average of what others here have paid), and was suprised to be quoted a take it or leave it price of $11,200.00. When I told her what everyone else was paying, she said there was a several thousand dollar price increase for 2006, to wich I told her good luck selling these at that price.

Yea I know, prices differ by area, but I think this is rediculus, especially since I was quoted $8100 from the other dealer on the Envoy (with all the usual extras), which I know is a very competative price (tells me that pricing in my area is not out of wack).

What do others think about this price, for reference I am in the Raleigh, NC area.  I feel that if I am going to enter the $11,000 price point I can probably get a much better spa than the Marquis Epic.

Thanks for any advice!

Paul

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Epic Wet-test and Pricing
« on: December 31, 2005, 04:07:30 pm »

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
Re: Marquis Epic Wet-test and Pricing
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 04:38:40 pm »
I paid $10,000.00 for my Artesian Piper Glen. I live in the Charlotte area. Charlotte and Raleigh are both growing areas with a lot of money floating around. Naturally this means prices will be high on luxury items. A several thousand dollar price increase (from the mfg) sounds like a stretch. My bet id that the dealership believes that the $11,200.00 is what the market will bear. Unless you really like the Epic $3000.00 more then the Envoy, I'd be going with the HS.

jdheffer

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 05:10:44 pm »
I  bought an Epic for $9,100 (plus tax) two months ago, with a lot of haggling.  If I remember correctly, they wanted around $10,500 originally.

It's a great tub and I love it.  I wasn't impressed with the HS therapy either, so the extra money for the Marquis was worth it for me.  

Try haggling some more and get the tub you like best.  D1 is the only other tub I found that I liked for that kind of money.  

Good luck!

MarKee

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 06:00:15 pm »
It is true, the Epic did jump up in price for 2006.  The Epic now comes standard with the Spa Monitor feature which is a wireless console that can monitor and function the spa from in your home.  This is a $500 feature that is included in the price of the spa.  MSRP for the Epic in 2006 is 12,870.  I work at a Marquis factory store in Oregon and the Epic in our showrooms are in the same price range.  As far as finding a more therapeutical spa, I don't think one exists.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 06:02:45 pm by Hideaway_King »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 06:23:11 pm »
Paul,
PM me or email me and let me see what I can do...

There was a tremendous price jump in the last few months.

dinaducky

• 2006 Marquis Epic
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 06:26:56 pm »
I purchased my Epic earlier this month and I am waiting for it to be delivered.  I paid $9400 which included Soundsations and the in-home spa monitor.  I can't wait to be in spatopia!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 06:42:20 pm »
It's always best to get the spa you REALLY want but a $3k difference between your final 2 choices is an awful lot. See what Stuart has to say otherwise ...
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 06:53:19 pm »
You won't regret buying the Epic. We got ours the beginning of December and my price range was going to be about 6000 to 7000 for our hot tub. When the husband and kids jumped into the Epic...it was all over and he didn't even want to try to work a deal. We are very very happy, not only with the tub, but with our dealer. My sister gave us the spa monitor for Christmas and that is a real nice addition that you will have included in your deal. If it also includes the soundsations, ask the dealer to let you listen to the phenominal sound from the speakers in the tub. You will be impressed!  I looked at all of the others on here who got better deals on the Epic than I did and I don't even feel bad at all. My husband feels that the hot tub is one of the best things we have ever purchased. Good luck
Support your dealer so they can support you!

dinaducky

• 2006 Marquis Epic
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 07:32:40 am »
Bonibelle, I couldn't agree more.  I initially planned to spend around $8000.  But after the many wonderful reviews of the Epic, I went and wet-tested and knew that this one was for me.  I feel like I got a lot of spa for the money because I looked at 2 other brands that were within $500 of the Epic.  And those spas only seated 5, plus there were no sound systems included.  I know I spent more than others in this forum, but I don't feel like I overpaid.  Pallison, good luck with your spa search.

pallison74

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 09:25:09 am »
Thanks for the feedback everyone.  I also feel like the Epic is the spa for me, just cant swallow paying several thousand more than I should for the tub.  At this point I am not sure what to do.  I feel like there are plenty of things I can go out and buy for 11K that I will enjoy just as much.

Paul

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2006, 08:24:29 pm »
removed
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:20:12 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2006, 08:36:16 pm »
mmmmm.We have had the tub for just over 3 weeks and there isn't anything that I can think of that I would enjoy more (even for $11,000.00) Quite honestly, my husband and I had a discussion about the tub the other day. We are both seriously more relaxed. We have been married for 22 years and I can't remember him ever having a real good nights sleep. Lately I have also been having trouble sleeping through the night. Since we have had the tub, we both sleep like babies and believe me the days are much better when the nights are restful. The therapy is another issue. The wonderful warm water massage under the stars when the air temperature is around 15 degrees is unmatched. Our two boys (15 and 13) love to spend time together in the tub and with us as a family. It is the best way to connect with the family. We can relax to music or the sound of the waterfall or just have  conversations. My sister and her husband came up tonight and were amazed at how great they felt after only 1/2 hour in the tub. I am not a sales person, so I hope you don't think I am trying to sell you a hot tub.  But if you are saying find something that will give you more satisfaction, make you feel better or improve your overall health for $11,000...I don't think you will find it. I looked and tried to justify this purchase for over 2 years and I really wish I hadn't waited so long!!!Good luck..... :)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Wolf_Racer

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006, 10:40:04 pm »
I think $11,000 is way too much for the EPIC. I bought my EPIC for $8300+taxes.  I love the tub and think that was a pretty good price for the tub and I shopped around a lot.

Try to do some more negotiating with the sales folks. I bet they will come down on price.  If they wont, there are plenty of other good tubs for about what I paid.

Good luck, you will love the EPIC if you can get it for a little less money!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 10:35:59 am »
Today I wet-tested the Marquis Epic as well as the HS Envoy.  I can definetly say that I prefered the Epic, feeling that the hydrotherapy was better.   The problem is the price.  I walked in expecting to pay around $9200 with the usual extras (the average of what others here have paid), and was suprised to be quoted a take it or leave it price of $11,200.00. When I told her what everyone else was paying, she said there was a several thousand dollar price increase for 2006, to wich I told her good luck selling these at that price.

Yea I know, prices differ by area, but I think this is rediculus, especially since I was quoted $8100 from the other dealer on the Envoy (with all the usual extras), which I know is a very competative price (tells me that pricing in my area is not out of wack).

What do others think about this price, for reference I am in the Raleigh, NC area.  I feel that if I am going to enter the $11,000 price point I can probably get a much better spa than the Marquis Epic.

Thanks for any advice!

Paul

Paul,
I got your PM but still need to know what area and dealer your with. I will be happy to assist where I can.

J._McD

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 12:02:24 pm »
This is one of the best post's that I have read on this board.  Bonibelle is not a salesperson tauting the features and benefits, but a use and consumer who is reflecting the truth of what we speak.  As for the money aspect of it, we had a customer who explained it to us; he looked down from the upper level to see his teenage sons enjoying all of the benefits described in silence.  He said that moment in time was worth every dime he paid.  

mmmmm.We have had the tub for just over 3 weeks and there isn't anything that I can think of that I would enjoy more (even for $11,000.00) Quite honestly, my husband and I had a discussion about the tub the other day. We are both seriously more relaxed. We have been married for 22 years and I can't remember him ever having a real good nights sleep. Lately I have also been having trouble sleeping through the night. Since we have had the tub, we both sleep like babies and believe me the days are much better when the nights are restful. The therapy is another issue. The wonderful warm water massage under the stars when the air temperature is around 15 degrees is unmatched. Our two boys (15 and 13) love to spend time together in the tub and with us as a family. It is the best way to connect with the family. We can relax to music or the sound of the waterfall or just have  conversations. My sister and her husband came up tonight and were amazed at how great they felt after only 1/2 hour in the tub. I am not a sales person, so I hope you don't think I am trying to sell you a hot tub.  But if you are saying find something that will give you more satisfaction, make you feel better or improve your overall health for $11,000...I don't think you will find it. I looked and tried to justify this purchase for over 2 years and I really wish I hadn't waited so long!!!Good luck..... :)

To 97% of the population, money is a valued commodity that does not support our wishes or desires, but we will spend money everyday on frivilous items because we simply must have them and then when it comes to a bigger purchase that will benefit themselves more than any other purchase they have made in a lifetime, they get tight just to think someone else is making something on their decision.

Pallison, basically what you are saying is that it comes down to a $3,000 decision and you think either, 1)  the item you are evaluating does not have any material differences that justify the $ differences like the $500 controller that has been mentioned, or 2) you would not spen the extra difference on personal indulgence for you and yours.  

Come on now, you know you're worth it, if not for yourself, buy it for them and enjoy it too.

Approach the dealer again, only if you are seriously interested in acquiring this object, and have a heart to heart conversation with them.  Freight alone will cost the dealer $400 or more with a 15% fuel charge on top of that, so please do keep in mind, not only does the object have value, there are certainly cost involved that you don't appreciate.

I am just trying to apply some not so common sense to the overall decision.  But then of course, you can buy what ever you want, for what every you wish to afford and I am thourghly confident that you will enjoy the experience, but you are going to be sitting in it for a long, long time.

Lighten up and splurge on yourself, see if you can narrow it down to a $1,500 decision, or see what Stuart can pull off for you, but be ready to show good faith and write the check then and there, at least for a deposit. ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 12:04:11 pm by J._McD »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 12:02:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42