What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No tub for a month!!!!  (Read 2971 times)

AZJohn15

• 2005 Sundance Caprio
No tub for a month!!!!
« on: January 12, 2006, 07:28:39 pm »
 :'(   I just had LASIK surgery and am thrilled with the results, but, now they tell me I can't go in my spa for a whole month!!!!   WAAAAAAAAA! :'( :'( :'(  Don't know how I'm going to make it!   WAAAAAAAAA! :'(

Hot Tub Forum

No tub for a month!!!!
« on: January 12, 2006, 07:28:39 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: No tub for a month!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 07:39:46 pm »
:'(   I just had LASIK surgery and am thrilled with the results, but, now they tell me I can't go in my spa for a whole month!!!!   WAAAAAAAAA! :'( :'( :'(  Don't know how I'm going to make it!   WAAAAAAAAA! :'(

I wonder if they would have been fine with you wearing those swimmer's goggles if you'd asked. In the end you gotta followers the doctor's instructions because eyes are sort of important. Better safe than sorry.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 07:50:27 pm »

Now that you have subjected yourself to the risk of laser surgery and made it through with outstanding results, no need to risk infection, chemicals or off gassing.  :o

While your sight has probably improved signifigantly, your life is going to be pretty tough for the next 4 weeks just being able to look and watch other enjoy that Hot Water soak.  You had best mark the calander for that day and put a bottle of bubbly in the fridge because you are gonna enjoy the stars 4 weeks from now. ;D

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:50:35 pm »
Geez, I've been thinking about getting Lasik myself, but that no tub thing might be a deal breaker.

Maybe dealing with fogged up glasses isn't so bad...

loneoak

• Perception is more important than reality
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 07:55:22 pm »
Contact lenses don't fog up.....

My daughter is pregnant and was when we got the hot tub so she has not been able to use it at all.

Astrid.

Gair

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 10:03:04 pm »
I just had cataract surgery.  Right eye 12/22/05 and the left 12/27/05.  After a week I got into the tub with the swimmer's goggles.  I asked the Doc.  But put them on before you even open the cover in case of gase off.  I don't take them off untill I close the cover.  Ask your Doc.  Now have 20/20 had my first glasses in the third grade.  Still reach for them in morning and before I get in the shower.  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 10:05:52 pm by Gair »

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 10:05:26 pm »
I had the Lasik procedure 5 years ago.  My vision was 20/100 in one eye and 20/70 in the other.  My doc told me not to expect a miracle and most people wound up with about 20/30 or 20/40 vision at best after everythign healed up.  But I was willing to accept that because I had been on the force for about 3 years at that point and found out it wasn't always fun wearing glasses during a physical confrontation (I broke more than one pair that way). $$$$$$$

Well, after my 1 year anniversary of checkups, my vision was still 20/10 in BOTH eyes!  My doc said he was very pleased and that was the best results he had ever seen long term.  Five years later and I'm still 20/10 in both eyes.  For me, it was worth everything, the cost, the inconvenience, the temporary discomfort, even 4 weeks without a hot tub.

-Sarge
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 11:48:58 pm »
My wife was 20/500 and 20/550 and she now runs 20/30 and 20/40.  At night for driving long distances, she sometimes wears mild correction glasses to bump up the crispness.  I'm old enough now that if I were to get Lasik, I would immediately need reading glasses.  In dark restaurants, I've got to move one of my gas perms to comfortably read fine print on menus.  It's the only thing that sucks about being 40 (so far).  

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 08:37:32 am »
 It's the only thing that sucks about being 40 (so far).  

Aaaahhhh......40.......you are so lucky to have your youth! ;)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

loneoak

• Perception is more important than reality
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 09:13:54 am »
My right contact lens is slightly under-correcting, the result is that I do not need reading glasses.  It's called mono-vision.  They do it with cataract surgery (some of my friends have had cataract surgery recently).

Don't they do it with laser eye surgery too?

My husband has normal vision (never needed glasses) and is always looking for his reading glasses.  I have had to read many a menu to him in a restaurant because he forgot his reading glasses.

I would never opt for laser eye surgery.  First of all, I am very nearsighted so they could not correct my vision 100%, so what's the point?  Second, because I am so near-sighted, my near vision (at 6") is extremely good.  I would hate to lose that.

Astrid.

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 09:23:12 am »
I had lasik in January, but only had to stay out of my tub for a week!  ITHINK YOUR DOC MAY BE ACTING A BIT AGGRESSIVE!

PH

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 09:23:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42