What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Buying Used vs New Caldera Spa  (Read 5236 times)

dominoche

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Buying Used vs New Caldera Spa
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:26:34 am »
Need some quick advise, please help?

I found someone who is selling a brand new 2005 Caldera Geneva spa for approximately $6500 w/o warrantee, since it's not transferable.  This spa was a replacement made under warantee for the sellers as their previous spa developed a buble in the liner.  They no longer want it as they have since built an inground spa.  I also have an opportuning of buying a brand new Caldera Aspire spa for aproximately $8800 with the standard warrantee.  It seems the Geneva has more jets, diverters, features is larger than the Aspire.  My question is - Is it worth it to buy the Geneva spa w/o a warrantee considering the savings or would it be wiser to buy the new 2005 Aspire from the dealer.  

Also is the Geneva a better spa than the Aspire?  

Hot Tub Forum

Buying Used vs New Caldera Spa
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:26:34 am »

Anoroc

Re: Buying Used vs New Caldera Spa
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 08:05:22 am »
I know there are some Caldera folks on here so you should get an answer soon.  The used spa sounds good to me.

Kelly

• Hot Springs Accolade!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 08:26:00 am »
I offer 5k cash "as is - where is" and see if they bite. Service techs in your area may be able to move, install and set-up the spa for you.

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 03:21:10 pm »
The used seems to be a good deal. You would have to spend $2300.00 in repairs before you would have more than the new one cost.

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 05:07:22 pm »
you should get a quote on moving it to your house as these can very widely, but I would say go for it... great spa......
$2300 goes a long way in repairs....
I have the niagra, which if memory serves it the same as the geneva but w/o a lounger. it is almost a year old now and still going strong, and getting lots of use.....

Geneva tub

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 05:48:14 pm »
For what it's worth, I purchased a  Geneva in Oct and Love it!!

dominoche

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 01:07:07 am »
Thanks for the replies.  I found that moving the spa will be around $300 which is reasonable.  I'm going to see if they will take less and hopefully I will become the owner of a new spa of course w/o warrantee.  But I'm just thinking if they'll take $5k that's $3300 now for warrantee issues, not too shabby.  We'll see.  Thanks again for all the responses.  Glad to hear from other owners of this spa too!  

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 12:09:53 am »
you know.... ;) with $3300 you could get an ebay spa and that way have a spare in case the caldera breaks down.... ;D ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 07:46:50 am »
Thanks for the replies.  I found that moving the spa will be around $300 which is reasonable.  I'm going to see if they will take less and hopefully I will become the owner of a new spa of course w/o warrantee.  But I'm just thinking if they'll take $5k that's $3300 now for warrantee issues, not too shabby.  We'll see.  Thanks again for all the responses.  Glad to hear from other owners of this spa too!  

Please come back and let us know how it goes.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 07:46:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42