What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 24 hour Curculation Pump ???  (Read 7543 times)

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jacuzzi 24 hour Curculation Pump ???
« on: January 07, 2006, 05:39:23 pm »
I just installed a new ozonator on my J-350.  And now I noticed that the so called 24 hour circulation pump does NOT run 24 hours.  Under what circumstances, other than the "Summer Logic", would the pump NOT be running?

The pump definately works, and I have doubel checked the programming for the circ. pump and it is set for 24 hours.

Anyone with an explanation ?

Thanks,  Tim

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi 24 hour Curculation Pump ???
« on: January 07, 2006, 05:39:23 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi 24 hour Curculation Pump ???
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 06:39:06 pm »
Can it be that the main pumps were running? I think that in the past ozonators and citc pumps were wired together (?)

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 06:44:15 pm »
My circ pump on my Jaccuzzi j335 runs 24 hours with the exception of when the temp is over 2 degrees over the set temp which happens often in the summer if I don't prop a towel under the cover.  Not sure what would cause yours to run intermittently but would be curious to hear.

Just curious; are you determining it is NOT running due to the lack of bubbles from the circulation?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 06:45:41 pm by orlandoguy »

OC_Spas

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 07:02:23 pm »
First, I would suggest you turn off and on the power at the circuit breaker. If the circulation pump does not operate, (summer logic aside) check to see how it is programmed. Factory default is 24 hours with a "start" time of 12:00 a.m.
You could either reprogram the start time or just wait until after midnight to verify its operation.

Jim

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 11:55:55 am »
I have checked the programing on the circ pump and it is set correctly ands is set for 24 hours starting at 12AM.

The way I can tell it's not running is the panel is off and I can see the pump and feel it.  It was not running ....

The 2 degree difference is f the "Summer Over-ride" but only wokrs if the water temp is 95 degrees or hotter.  Not the case here.

And yes, I know the circ pump does not run when any of the main pumps are running.  I ran the large pumps, but when they shut off automatically after 20 minutes, the circ pump should have come back on but did not.

I rasied the temp setting a bit and when the heater kicked on, so did the circ pump and ozonator.

I don't know if there is some sort of programmed delay time after the main pumps go off and the circ pump kicks on ?

Anyone else know ????

Thanks,  Tim
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 11:57:10 am by pratzert »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2006, 12:18:31 pm »
spahappy sells Jacuzzi, I believe.  You might try sending her a Private Message.  She's very knowledgeable about them and would probably have you up and running in no time.

Good luck!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

OC_Spas

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2006, 10:45:28 pm »
I assume you turned off the power when you replaced the ozonator. (And even if you didn't...) If the circ pump is programmed for 24 hrs and it doesn't start at the programmed time, the circuit board needs to be replaced.

I know we ruled out "summer-logic" but even during summer logic the circ pump should  turn on 12:00am-2:00am.

Jim

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 08:33:41 am »
Yep!  I turned off the power when I was poking around the 240Volt wiring.

It's not that the circ pump does not run at all,  it did not start up after I had the main pumps on.  The Circ pump and ozonator DID finally come on, and do run.

The question is... is that normal, or how it's supoposed to work?

I know the circ pump shuts off when the main pumps run, but is there some sort of hard programmed time delay after the main pumps shut off to0 when the circ pumps kicks back on.

It just seems like, if it's 24 hours, than as soon as the big pumps shut off, the circ pump should come right back on.

Tim

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 09:39:05 am »
I found with my Maxxus that when power is interrupted the timer that starts the 24 hour circ. pump has to be reset by passing through the start time (12:00 A.M. on mine).  I had a similar problem, thought "oh great, here we go"...then I "tricked" it by changing the time forward to 11:58 P.M. and observed it.  The pump came on at my pretend midnight, and I reset the clock to the correct time.  Maybe your system is similar.

Steve

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 03:16:19 pm »
Make sure you are in standard mode and not economy mode.  Circ pump will not run in economy mode unless heat is called for.

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 03:25:58 pm »
Thanks all !

I have checked and double checked the programming and mode of the cycles.  It is in the "Standard" mode and the circ pump is scheduled to come on at 12AM and run 24 hours.

The circ pump and ozonator turned off when I turned on the jet pumps, just as it shoud.  But when the jet pumps turned off, I was expecting the circ pump and ozonator to come on pretty much immediately.

They did not.   I flipped breakers, checked wire connections, checked programming, felt the pump, felt the ozonator, listened and then checked everything again.  After about 20 minutes, I happened to adjust the temperature up by a few degrees and the circ pump, ozonator and heater all kicked on.

Still trying to learn if there is a built in time delay in the circuits that keep the circ pump off for a period of time after the large pump turn off.

Tim

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 04:35:21 pm »
Is there a reason why the circ pump shouldn't stay on even when therapy pumps are on?  The circ pump on my LSX stays on 24/7, including during therapy sessions.  The control panel turns off the ozonator without turning off the circ pump whenever a therapy pump is actuated and keeps it off until 1 hour after the last therapy pump is turned off.  Also, since the heater is dependent upon the circ pump, shouldn't the circ pump continue to run with therapy pumps?  Or does the circ pump turn on and off with the heater during therapy?  Could it be a jumper setting on the board that could be changed to allow it to stay on 24/7?
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 04:41:16 pm »
My Optima's circ pump runs 24/7, unless the programming is set otherwise.  I'd suspect the same from Jacuzzi, being co-owned, and all.

And that is regardless of any other pumps or comination of pumps and call for heat, etc...

Only difference, is I don't have ozone, not sure if that even matters with the circ. pump.  Also not sure if a jumper controls the circ pump or if it's strictly controlled thru the panel.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 04:43:59 pm by Brewman »
Brewman

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 05:03:40 pm »
It would make sense that the circ pump has to run anytime the heater is on.

And yes, maybe there is a rely that turns off just the ozonator when the other pumps are running so there is no chance you can get gassed by the ozone.

The heater can most definately run the same time as the other pumps as I had it wired for 60 AMP and had the jumper set for such.  Otherwise, if it's only wired for 50 AMP, the heater does NOT run the same time as the pumps.

Tim

OC_Spas

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 12:06:15 am »
"Ozone runs as long as the 24 hour circulation pump is running , unless Summer Logic is activated or either jet button  is pressed. If either jet button is pressed, the ozone will stay off for the duration of the function PLUS AN ADDITIONAL 5 MINUTES." If not turned of manually, the jets turn off after approximately 20 minutes. I hope this is the information you were looking for.

Jim

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2006, 12:06:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42