What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Time for Everything  (Read 2066 times)

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
First Time for Everything
« on: January 09, 2006, 03:12:40 pm »
Well, for the first time since I have had my tub (about a year) I opened the cover to semi-cloudy water.  It wasn't so bad that you couldn't see the jets or the bottom but it was "milky".  PH and Alk tested ok.

Now, could this be it?  I did clean my filters two days before, and it was so freakin cold outside there's a very good chance I didn't rinse them off as well as I should.  I used a clear bright yellow liquid called Fliter Clean by Aqua Chem that smelled slightly acidic.  

I shocked yesterday afternnon with SpaGuard Enhanced Shock so I am hoping that will take care of it.  My question is, could an over abundance of filter cleaner cause the water to "murk up" and if the shock hasn't cleared it when I get home to check on it, what is my next step?  Thanks guys (and gals)

-Sarge
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Hot Tub Forum

First Time for Everything
« on: January 09, 2006, 03:12:40 pm »

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
Re: First Time for Everything
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 03:55:17 pm »
I'm a huge believer in a little clarifier. It blows my mind how well it works. However, if the cloudiness is do to the filter cleaner, I don't know...

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 11:42:14 am »
Good news, last night when I got home, the water was crystal clear.  I dont' know if it originally turned cloudy because of the filters not being rinsed thoroughly or not.  Just glad it is clear again.  I would like to get a bottle of clarifier though for those times when shock might not work.  Thanks for the suggestion.

-Sarge
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 11:42:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42