What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Hydropool Site  (Read 6185 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
New Hydropool Site
« on: January 07, 2006, 11:27:27 am »
Well my hot tub supplier has officially unveiled their new logo and website. Some features are still not up, but I really like it.

http://www.hydropoolhottubs.com/

I would be curius to hear your thoughts
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

New Hydropool Site
« on: January 07, 2006, 11:27:27 am »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: New Hydropool Site
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 12:09:58 pm »
I like the layout of the site.  It's clean, organized, and user-friendly.  The lady and the 2 kids on the front page are beautiful but the guy fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.  But, he does have nice hair..... :(  (We used to have a picture of a guy in our brochure that looked DEAD!)

The logo is cool, much better than the old one.  It seems to be a man in a spa with a babe under each arm.  That is a good logo.

Is the spa with the double wide lounger popular?  I still think that is a great idea and wish I had something like that!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Pathfinder

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 12:55:34 pm »
The new site is alot more interactive and polished compared to the old site     Looks great!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 01:11:51 pm »
Is the spa with the double wide lounger popular?  I still think that is a great idea and wish I had something like that!

It accounts for less than 5% of the sales in our store. The big seller has been the 625 LE.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 01:45:08 pm »
The new site is nicer than the old site!

It's a shame here in NJ Hydropool isn't represented by good dealers. I was interested in them and they seem to be priced nicely but it was definately the dealer thing for me.

I do have a question, Why an upcharge on standard acylic charge? Artesian charged $100 more for microban shells but all other "lucite" acylic colors were free.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 02:50:50 pm »
I do have a question, Why an upcharge on standard acylic charge? Artesian charged $100 more for microban shells but all other "lucite" acylic colors were free.

Good question Vinny. I did not question it because prior to selling Hydropool, I sold Coleman and D-1. Both offered granite style acrylic (not microban) standard and an upcharge for pearl/marble. So I didn't question it at all.

I am not certain that Lucite charges extra for MicroBan. Even if they do, perhaps Hydropool buys more MicroBan than other, therefore economies of scale make it cheaper....I'll have to ask on Monday!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 03:23:33 pm by HotTubMan »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 03:21:21 pm »
Unless something changed for 2006 - silver marble wasn't a microban shell. I picked that for my tub and it wasn't microban in April 2005.

salesdvl

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 06:54:19 pm »
Hydropool.... They make hot tubs?   ;)   ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 09:33:51 am »
Hydropool.... They make hot tubs?   ;)   ;D

LA Spa? Isnt that where you get your nails done?
:) ;) :D ;D

salesdvl

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 01:08:57 pm »
Yep.   If the hot tub thing doesnt work out maybe we could do bikini waxes or something.   ;D   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 03:06:23 am »
I'm on a Mac and running OSX. The site is OK (I liked the old design) but is non-compliant with it's coding (javascript, ColdFusion). I opened Mozilla FireFox and Apple's Safari to check it out with no results. The pages were not loading at all. When I finally opened my 3 and a half year old version of Internet Explorer the site only then showed the content and navigation. And the navigation in the drop-down menus that interferes with the Model Information below is more than a little buggy if you ask me, once I was able to even view the site. Could have used less clutter near the top: everything requires pinpoint accuracy. Definitely not meeting any Accessibility Standards which I'm sure a lot of customers over 40* that have arthiritis or other similiar ailments or net newbies would attest.

Also there's a typo that shows a lack of attention to detail that is in a confusing testimonial that is all over the site: something about "due diligence" or some such legal babble. It should be 'won' instead of 'one', which is in there now. A big *Huh?* to almost anyone reading it.

Also the gallery should have a Back + Next and Close Window button so you don't have to keep opening new windows to view the pix. Basic stuff.

Logo is nice, but it looks too much like Steve's icon...
I do this for a living so that's my take. Actually Hydropool should pay me or send me the hand jet after they make the corrections.

*(more than a few in that demographic I bet - how many 20 year olds buy tubs that don't come with beer?)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 03:08:08 am by ramdom »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 10:18:36 am »
I am on windows using Mozzila and the site isn't loading.

I was able to see the intro flash  part, but after that, it wouldn't load.  

Meh. :-/
07 Caldera Geneva

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2006, 12:22:51 pm »
Yep.   If the hot tub thing doesnt work out maybe we could do bikini waxes or something.   ;D   ;)

oh man did i have a bad mental picture when i read that  :-X
Marquis dealer

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2006, 01:28:44 pm »
I'm on a Mac and running OSX. The site is OK (I liked the old design) but is non-compliant with it's coding (javascript, ColdFusion). I opened Mozilla FireFox and Apple's Safari to check it out with no results. The pages were not loading at all. When I finally opened my 3 and a half year old version of Internet Explorer the site only then showed the content and navigation. And the navigation in the drop-down menus that interferes with the Model Information below is more than a little buggy if you ask me, once I was able to even view the site. Could have used less clutter near the top: everything requires pinpoint accuracy. Definitely not meeting any Accessibility Standards which I'm sure a lot of customers over 40* that have arthiritis or other similiar ailments or net newbies would attest.

Also there's a typo that shows a lack of attention to detail that is in a confusing testimonial that is all over the site: something about "due diligence" or some such legal babble. It should be 'won' instead of 'one', which is in there now. A big *Huh?* to almost anyone reading it.

Also the gallery should have a Back + Next and Close Window button so you don't have to keep opening new windows to view the pix. Basic stuff.

Logo is nice, but it looks too much like Steve's icon...
I do this for a living so that's my take. Actually Hydropool should pay me or send me the hand jet after they make the corrections.

*(more than a few in that demographic I bet - how many 20 year olds buy tubs that don't come with beer?)

Some good feedback everyone.

As far as the visual change of the web site, I agree with most everyone in that it is far more professional and better laid out. Being a complete change, there are bugs and perfection is something I, nor Hydropool have reached yet! Within a few days, all typos will be addressed. DAMN HUMANS! ;)

The logo looks too much like my icon? IT IS!! Well, mine is a bit distorted due to the sizing limitations of inserting it here. Really, I should change it as it doesn't meet the new branding guidelines set out by Hydropool. Maybe you were kidding and I missed it...
Heck, did you see how distorted salesdvl looks in HIS picture? ;D

All in all, I'm VERY impressed and I'm sure most will be as well. Thanks again for your input ramdom and I appreciate you mentioning these small changes that could improve the site.

Steve
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 01:36:04 pm by Steve »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 01:55:55 pm »
Thanks again for your input ramdom and I appreciate you mentioning these small changes that could improve the site.

Steve

When I go look at the spas on your site I see where you show a cross section of your spa but the problem I have diagram showing the pump, controller, heater etc. is waaaay to small for me to read. I would find it annoying as a customer if I thought you had a neet diagram from me to use to understand your setup but it was not usable. I'm sure customers would be looking to see if that picture could be enlarged.

http://www.hydropoolhottubs.com/en/selfClean/5_6.cfm
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2006, 01:55:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42