What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dirty Jobs  (Read 4959 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Dirty Jobs
« on: January 05, 2006, 04:52:07 pm »
Anyone see the recap show last week? I love this show on Discovery channel.  New episodes start next week. They did a season recap show where the host, Mike Rowe spent the last 10 minutes in his hot tub.  It looked like a Sundance/Jacuzzi model, but I can't be sure. If you have seen this show, would you let him in your hot tub?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Dirty Jobs
« on: January 05, 2006, 04:52:07 pm »

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
Re: Dirty Jobs
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 05:04:41 pm »
If he shower's first  ;)

-Sarge
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 05:08:40 pm »
Anyone see the recap show last week? I love this show on Discovery channel.  New episodes start next week. They did a season recap show where the host, Mike Rowe spent the last 10 minutes in his hot tub.  It looked like a Sundance/Jacuzzi model, but I can't be sure. If you have seen this show, would you let him in your hot tub?

I wouldn't let that guy in my yard asfter seeing him at that fish processing plant.

I saw that show for the first time and my first thought was WHERE HAVE I BEEN? I'm a junky for shows like Made in America, Taste of America, Modern Marvels, Overhaulin, Learning Channel Medical Mysteries, etc. so that's right up my alley.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 05:42:19 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 05:39:32 pm »
If you have seen this show, would you let him in your hot tub?

Dang straight I would.  And I'd be dumping buckets of pig squat, french fry grease, chitlins, and fat bearded lady sweat in there so he'd feel right at home.  Then, proceed to amaze him with the benefits of 100% No-bypas......oh, you get the idea.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 08:21:57 am »

I saw that show for the first time and my first thought was WHERE HAVE I BEEN? I'm a junky for shows like Made in America, Taste of America, Modern Marvels, Overhaulin, Learning Channel Medical Mysteries, etc. so that's right up my alley.

I really enjoy those shows as well.  For me, you can also add Mythbusters to the list.  And for a while they ran that show "Big"- where they made giant sized things that actually worked, like a giant blender powered up to make several hundred gallons of smoothies.  They haven't run that one lately.

Brewman

hamrhed

• "Hard Tellin" "Not Knowin"
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 12:17:38 pm »
Those shows are the best...

My wife has a different opinion on them,, she has no interest of seeing the "1001 uses for bat gwano"

She tries the distraction method, to take "command and control" of the control  er...

Then it changes to some "Flu Flu" show... yuk

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 12:46:23 pm »
Those shows are the best...

My wife has a different opinion on them,, she has no interest of seeing the "1001 uses for bat gwano"

She tries the distraction method, to take "command and control" of the control  er...

Then it changes to some "Flu Flu" show... yuk

I watched the history of coffee the other night on the History channel and it was fascinating. Afterward I was telling my wife about it and she laughed and said "but you hate coffee!". She knows it could have been a 1 hr show on the history of the color red and I'd have to check it out. They've recently had history of sugar (really good one), beer, tequila, whiskey, chocolate and on and on and I can sit there watching it like a kid getting his Sesame Street fix. After ESPN that channel is the greatest along with Discovery, Travel, Learning, Animal Planet and CNN channels. I'm not sure when I morphed into my father but it's too late for me now.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 01:00:08 pm by Spatech_tuo »

hamrhed

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 12:54:58 pm »

Its clear Spatech,,, Were just misunderstood..... :-/

Its our yurning for pointless knowledge.... ???

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2006, 01:19:24 pm »
Its our yurning for pointless knowledge.... ???

Hamr,
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife reads all kinds of books that have some story to them and she laughs because I can only read magazines and books that deal with factual information (no Oprah book club favs for me). If you get a chance check out one of the greatest books I've ever read. It is soooo simple to read and yet so much fun and thought provoking: FREAKONOMICS. You will LOVE it or your money back.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006073132X/ref=pd_bbs_null_1/002-5780919-9156814?v=glance&n=283155
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 11:45:39 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2006, 01:20:34 pm »
Mrs. Brewman chided me the other night for watching the "history of concrete" on Modern marvels, but within a few minutes she was as drawn into it as I was.  
She was amazed that something so boring a concrete could be the subject of such a facinating show.  
Brewman

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2006, 01:30:42 pm »
Ya'll got that right!  I love that kind of trivial information.  My roommate in college called me the "King Know-it-All" because I was full of useless information.

Alas, I have little practical knowledge, everything I know is simply trivial. :(  I guess that's why I sell spas.  If I were brighter, I'd probably be doing something important like silicone-implant design, beer-testing, animal husbandry or whatnot. :-[

Speaking of the history of coffee, I was amazed and bedazzled to learn that some of the rarest coffee in the world comes out of a jaguars' buttcrack.  Now, THAT's something!

Terminator
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 01:32:57 pm by East_TX_Spa »

hamrhed

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 01:40:37 pm »
Spatech,,

That sounds like a good read,, I like that stuff....

I have found that if you establish a baseline of spewing such factual banter that you receive a free pass to, "make up stuff" ie; B.S. as needed, and nobody knows if it is fact or fiction...

I find it fun,, and a way of self amusement... I also have received my share of "eye rolls" ::) mostly from the Mrs... she always knows... I think it is from her extensive field studies...

Sidebar... that concrete has been around a long A** time,,, I wonder if the modern stuff can hold up as long as the ancient stuff???  Mud is good...

hamrhed

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 01:44:28 pm »
Speaking of the history of coffee, I was amazed and bedazzled to learn that some of the rarest coffee in the world comes out of a jaguars' buttcrack.  Now, THAT's something!

Terminator[/quote]

Who do you think was the first guy to try that "Butt Brew"?

Need a breath mint???

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 01:48:41 pm »
Mrs. Brewman chided me the other night for watching the "history of concrete" on Modern marvels, but within a few minutes she was as drawn into it as I was.  
 She was amazed that something so boring a concrete could be the subject of such a facinating show.  

and I'll bet it put her in the "mood" too!!!

That was a really good one though I'm still scratching my head about the Romans putting those "cups" in there cement to take up space but I do understand why (just seem like an odd alternative).

One thought I can never get away from whenever I see shows about ancient times, the 1800's or any period where sanitation and bathing was minimal is "man, those people must have had really bad B.O."! I think we know why the French used so much perfume.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 01:53:40 pm »
I think we know why the French used so much perfume.

They still do.

Terminator

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 01:53:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42