What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS tub gurgling again  (Read 9460 times)

TattedVenus

Re: HS tub gurgling again
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 08:19:27 pm »
Markus-
It has to do something with the ozonator. Our company had a similiar issue with a customer's ozonator. It was not the check valve, although hers was installed incorrectly, it wasn't what was cauzing the problem. If I am notmistaken it was a new part that was just created to prevent that. If you email me privately I can get you an answer tomorrow from our Service Manager. Let me know. Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2006, 08:19:27 pm »

upinya

• Full Hard Bites
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 06:34:47 pm »
 Hey Markus,

I just replaced the check valve and then ran the tub for about 30 minutes and the gurgling is gone.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:35:41 pm by upinya »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 06:40:00 pm »
Hey Markus,

I just replaced the check valve and then ran the tub for about 30 minutes and the gurgling is gone.

Since that worked I'd guess the valve wasn't staying fully open but was "chattering" allowing for inconsistent air flow. Hopefully the new valve will do the trick for some time. I've seen many types of ozone check valves and have yet to see one that works well consistently which is maybe why I've seen many different ones. If there was a really good one out there everyone would use it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

upinya

• Full Hard Bites
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2006, 07:02:12 pm »
 The "chattering" theory makes since this is the second valve in a month the first one would not allow flow to the tub this last one was allowing flow towards the ozone. The dealer gave me four valves so I'm good to go for four more months. LOL

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 08:50:03 pm »
upinya,

That's good news. It seems the gurgling problem may possibly be solved. ( I really didn't think it could have been the check valve, until I heard your results).

I'm going to contact my dealer and see what they have to say.  Maybe they'll give me enough of these valves to cover me for the next 5 years of warranty.

spatech t.u.o.   What you said, sounds like a very good possibility.

I'll let you guys know what happens after I replace mine. ;D ;D ;D ;D >:( :( :-[ :P ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2006, 08:50:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42