What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Mr. Clean Eraser  (Read 16303 times)

loneoak

• Perception is more important than reality
Mr. Clean Eraser
« on: January 04, 2006, 07:32:15 pm »
Someone mentioned that the Mr. Clean Eraser does a good job removing the brown water marks on the hot tub.

Do you do this when the tub is empty or can you do it when it's full?

Thanks,

Astrid.

Hot Tub Forum

Mr. Clean Eraser
« on: January 04, 2006, 07:32:15 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Mr. Clean Eraser
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 07:53:20 pm »
I used one last week when I came home from vacation and discovered brown scum around the water line.  I got it wet in the tap, then walked around the tub and wiped up the scum.  It worked fine, but I'm not convinced a thick quality paper towel wouldn't have done the same thing.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 09:34:55 pm »
Although I've read that people used it, Bill_Stevenson
gave a great idea - use baking soda. I use it on a paper towel(s) and it works great!

The ONLY drawback is it raises you PH but if you use it sparingly and/or time it right, it shouldn't matter.

BTW, Those magic erasers are awesome!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 09:40:11 pm »
My husband used the eraser on the mineral ring (it appeared just after we filled and put in the chems to take out the iron) and it worked fine. When I first showed the magic eraser to my kids, they were so facinated they went all over the house trying to get the marks off the doors and walls. Too bad that only works one time!  :-/
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 10:27:22 pm »
We get an invisible ring around our tub that you can feel.  It comes off quickly using a Tub Rub (about $5 @ Docs) and it is reuseable.  I like it because it doesn't need other substances like baking soda to work so the pH doesn't change.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 09:15:53 am »
The Mr Clean Magic eraser has been talked about here in this forum many times and I believe they are highly regarded.

I use them  wipping down the water line and they work great.  You've got to be careful because they will break apart if you scrub too hard, and you'll get little white peices of the foam floating around.

One member mentioned, for even greater cost savings; cut the Mr Clean Eraser pad in half.  

My wife watches the coupons and buys a couple of boxes when ever they are on sale.  I really like them.
07 Caldera Geneva

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 03:02:39 pm »
The worst thing to use is those blue gloves made from  the indoor/outdoor carpet type material.  You will spend hours chasing the litlle blue pieces that come off.

Magic eraser is good, but not worth making a special trip to the store for IMO.  A wet rag does about the same.

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 05:09:36 pm »
Orlandoguy is right..do NOT use the blue indoor outdoor carpet mitt.  You will regret it. :P  I usually just spray a little of whatever filter cleaner i am using on a clean rag and wipe the edges of the tub and water line down with that.  What little you use will not affect your water chemistry adversly and since it does a great job on any calcium buildup at the waterline as well as any brown scum from oils....etc.   Another benefit is you dont' have to buy another product.  The filter cleaner I use currently is a light yellow and is made by Aqua Chem.  I've used it on the tub, filters, patio furniture, etc.

-Sarge
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

MonkeyBrain

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 09:28:56 pm »
I had a serious ring around the collar issue on my tub. Someone here recommended the eraser. While it did not completly remove all the deposits, it definitely made a serious dent in removing most of the stain.  I had tried swirl away and clean a way with little success prior to using the eraser.

It will break apart if you scrub too hard though.

It doesn't taste as good as a Brillo Pad, but then it doesn't bother your fillings when you bite down on it!  ;D
MB

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 09:28:56 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42