What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ? for a Marquis expert  (Read 1995 times)

Devildawg

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
? for a Marquis expert
« on: January 04, 2006, 01:18:00 am »
I have a new Epic and I just noticed the returns at the bottom of the tub don't have the same suction,it seems when both pumps are on high speed 3 of the returns have = suction but the one in the back left under the lounge has very little pull,is this a problem?

Hot Tub Forum

? for a Marquis expert
« on: January 04, 2006, 01:18:00 am »

MarKee

Re: ? for a Marquis expert
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 02:58:09 am »
No, the bottom suction fittings are designed as a safety feature required by UL.  They do suck water into the filters and will suck debris from the bottom of the spa, but they are specifically designed so that if your vortex skimmers were to suck in somebodys hair or body parts, they would stop pulling and divert the pulling force to the bottom suction fittings.  The opposite would happen if one of the suction fittings became clogged.  This is why it is not uncommon for one fitting to be sucking more than others.  

UL regulations require 3 intakes for each pump.  So on a 2 pump Epic you have the 2 vortex skimmer intakes and the 4 bottom suction fittings.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 03:04:41 am by Hideaway_King »

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 12:01:05 pm »
No, the bottom suction fittings are designed as a safety feature required by UL.  They do suck water into the filters and will suck debris from the bottom of the spa, but they are specifically designed so that if your vortex skimmers were to suck in somebodys hair or body parts, they would stop pulling and divert the pulling force to the bottom suction fittings.  The opposite would happen if one of the suction fittings became clogged.  This is why it is not uncommon for one fitting to be sucking more than others.  

UL regulations require 3 intakes for each pump.  So on a 2 pump Epic you have the 2 vortex skimmer intakes and the 4 bottom suction fittings.

took the words right outta my mouth!
Marquis dealer

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 12:01:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42