What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Neck jets  (Read 5598 times)

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Neck jets
« on: January 03, 2006, 09:35:06 pm »
After reading the thread about what you would do different, I was thinking about how neck jets could work and not splash a little. You would have to be in water up to your chin...right? I like the neck jets in my Epic. But I don't turn them on full blast and I sit tight up against them.  I have only had my tub 1 month (tomorrow) so technically, I don't qualify to comment on the other thread but I can honestly say since we have had this hot tub we sleep better and feel more relaxed and because of just those two things, I wouldn't do anything different.  And maybe I shouldn't jinx myself, but I have no symptoms of Lyme right now and that was what I was hoping for!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

Neck jets
« on: January 03, 2006, 09:35:06 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Neck jets
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 09:45:21 pm »
I have a neck collar seat and I guess the collar keeps the splashing down. They're rotatable and hit me in the shoulder/ lower neck area. My body also seems to keep the jets from splashing except when I have them hitting a little high then everyone benefits ;).

On mine I found that raising the water level also helps but if your up to your chin already, this isn't an option I would think.

Owning the tub is great and I have found it relieves most or all of my tension ... Enjoy!

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 10:02:21 pm »
Bonibelle,
Maybe Marquis improved the neck jets on the Epic. On my Reward, it's so noisy I can't stand to have them on more than 30 seconds at at time. Lots of spitting and sputtering at ear level. That's the case even with both air controls turned off.
Sounds like Marquis may have got it right on the Epic.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 10:18:55 pm »
No, Phil, I don't think they have changed them,t hey still can make a lot of noise and splash if you don't get right under them or sit tight against them. I guess my point was that I don't know how they could make them so that they could massage your neck but not cause  splashing. You would have to be under the water up to your chin. I am just so happy with this tub I guess I haven't found anything to complain about yet....

jdheffer

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 11:06:27 pm »
Bonibelle and Phil, are you using the neck jets by themself or do you have the back jets on as well?  If only the neck jets, then I have the same problem on my Epic.  I found out that if you have the back/shoulder jets on with the neck jets the noise and splashing is deminished. The bubbling from the back/shoulder jets raises the water level to where you can't hear the neck jets.  It does help to have the water level of the tub up as well.  

Anyway, I am still loving my Epic 1 month later.  I just got out of it a few minutes ago.  Enjoy!!

cappykat

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 11:27:15 pm »
Don't get me wrong...I'm not unhappy with our Epic.  I kind of quit using the neck jets but I'll try them with the shoulder jets going and see if that makes a difference.

I'm certainly not ready to replace it by any means.  Of the hot-tubs we tested I still like the Epic the best.
2005 Marquis Epic

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 07:21:57 am »
You are right JD, my husband has taken over the chair and that is exactly what he does, use the shoulder jets with the neck jets. I love the neck jets at the pillar across from the waterfall and if I sit back against the jets, they don't seem to splash. Also, I don't turn them on full blast and I try to keep our water level up too. I add water every few days.  Kappy, if you like the foot massage, try sitting in the cool down seat across from the deep therapy and use the foot jets just below you. I love to feel that pressure on the back of my ankle and heels.  ;)

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2006, 07:29:07 am »
I think it all depends on the water level.  In my Reward if the water level is low below the jetss I get a lot of sound.  If  the water is higher (almost above the jets) you still get the same neck effect but no loud noise.  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 09:29:09 am »
I have a neck collar seat and I guess the collar keeps the splashing down. They're rotatable and hit me in the shoulder/ lower neck area.

Like Vinny, my tub has a neck collar area and it works pretty well for me. However if I want to I can move a shoulder forward and give someone a huge spray in the face.  But why would I want that?  The jets are above the water line pointed down, but are adjustable. Being above the waterline they are very loud, so its not something we use in a social soak.  However if you sit right there is no splashing.  If you ever get tension headaches the back of your neck, or sometimes cafeine withdrawl headaches feel the same, these jets work wonders.  It only takes 2 or 3 minutes on full to really bring me relief.  Now this is a rare event and mine probably only get used once every 40-50 days, I'm glad they are there.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2006, 11:01:10 am »
 The jets are above the water line pointed down, but are adjustable. Being above the waterline they are very loud, so its not something we use in a social soak.  However if you sit right there is no splashing.  

I know what you're talking about as those kind of jets are nice but are loud. Does the Dynasty have a separate water control valve for those neckjets so you can run that seat with the neckjets but after a few minutes simply turn off the neckjets with their own dedicated valve.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2006, 11:19:41 am »
I know exactly the kind of headache you are talking about and maybe that is why I think the neck jets are great even if they cause a bit of splashing. It looks like your tub has great therapy for your legs, that is another reason that we liked the Epic.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2006, 11:46:44 am »
My Epic is the first spa that has ever had neck jets hit me just right. All out of water neck jets are somewhat loud but I don't use them that long. As far as splashing, my wife used to complain about that in our Journey neck pillow but so far loves it in the Epic. One thing I have noticed though is that there are typically 3 of us in the spa and we keep it fairly full so the neck jets are not that far out of the water with everyone in.

If my wife moves from side to side to hit a spot she gets splashed but, with an 18.5-inch neck I seem to cover the jets well.

My favorite neck massage in the Epic is to turn the HK40 post on opposite of the Adirondack chair and hit my neck with that top super blaster jet.

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 11:49:32 am »
I use the foot jets in that seat and the ones across from the adirondack seat.  I love the foot jets...one of my favorite things about the spa.  Great pressure...I like it full blast!
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 11:49:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42