What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Okay, so what's the best hot tub?  (Read 6763 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Okay, so what's the best hot tub?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 05:14:16 pm »

HS is not the only dominant manufacturer, as other very large competitors that have been named do exist and are worthy of consideration.  80% of the business done in this industry, or any other industry for that matter, is done by 20% of the leading manufactures.
   ;D

Interesting I spoke to someone from another company last week and they told me that they were now the #1 in terms of annual sales....I am not looking to stir something up here but I was surprised to hear that they claimed to have past Watkins for annual sales volume...in either case that alone is not indicative of a better spa....but I would also say that both the other company and Watkins are respected makers and have rightfully earned this by taking care of their customers ....but there are others who also do a equally good job.....Marquis....D-1.....Coleman.....Beachcomber among others all are company's who also provide top notch service.....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 05:15:47 pm by Mendocino101 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 05:14:16 pm »

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2006, 06:38:27 pm »
I just purchased my spa in August of 2005.  I did not want a lounger in my spa.  I had it narrowed down to 3 finalists: Beachcomber 580/730, Hot Springs Grande and Sundance Optima.  I also looked at Dimension One,  Coleman, Artesian and LA Spas.  After wet testing the final 3 we went with the Beachcomber 580, another big factor was that my wife liked the look of the Beachcomber.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2006, 09:00:46 am »
I believe that once you start wet testing, the tub that you feel most comfortable with will be the tub that you think is the best.

Wet test wet test wet test.  Get in, you will be suprised just how different these tubs feel when you get water in them.  I have read posts here where people bought on impressions of others and the regreted it so much.  What feels good for one person is so different then the next.

I think the other thing that you have to consider is the dealer and brand reputation.   All of these tubs that are being mentioned are top end companies.  They all build a great product so if you are able to look in the price range of Sundance, Coleman, Hotspring, Arctic, Jacuzzi, Hydro pool, etc etc etc..... then you are going to get a great bang for you buck.

Think about the things that you want and narrow your search down from there.  

Also think about what the tub is going to be used for.  Party tub or therapy tub or both.  I found that the jacuzzi was an open tub and not very threaputic (To me in my wet test. im not knocking the brand, it just did not fit my needs).  I ruled out a lounger, I did not want one, no need for me.  I loved deep water, enclosed seats and lots of pressure.   Naturally, after wet testing the Arctic Tundra, I felt that this tub was my best fit for my needs.  The dealer is two blocks away from me and they have a great customer service policy.  

I think the feel of the tub is 75% of your decision, and the dealer is the other 25%.  If you have a crappy dealer then you are going to have problems down the road.  It is the little things that help.  For example, the other day I was out and about and needed to pick up some chemicals for the tub.  I went in and forgot my wallet.  My dealer said take this dont worry about it.  I think this is great.  Not to mention a huge blow out bash for customer recognition.  

Arctic Spas Hamilton Ontario, Randy and Phil, thanks for all your support last year.

imbarbra6

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2006, 09:23:53 am »
The local Sundance dealer meant with us after hours and we wet tested our first two spas lastnite.  The Cameo and the Optima.  We tested the Cameo first. Not sure if I like the lounger. It may be something we can do without, although my husband may have enjoyed it.
Both spas were equally pleasing and the salesman was very knowlegable and answered all our questions.
When we were done, my head was pounding and felt a little light. A few minutes later I had a headache.  Maybe the water temp was to high? Maybe I was in it to long?  Regardless, I still enjoyed the experiance. We have scheduled  a wet test with the HS dealer Wednesday.
:)  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 10:26:00 am »
I don't know if this helps but, until I got the water chemistry in control (I mean shocking, bromine levels), I also got bad headaches the morning after I was in the tub. I think maybe I was sensitive to the bromine that was often way too high. Tubs in dealer's showrooms probably have higher levels of sanitizer and maybe that gave you the headache. Now that I can hardly smell the chemicals, no more headaches...good luck
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2006, 10:26:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42