What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First impression  (Read 6154 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: First impression
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 11:49:55 am »
I don't know what makes customers think that just because you are a sales person that you deserve less respect than other higher beings.

Preach it, brother!  I agree.  That's what is nice about having the right to reserve service.

When I first started, I would bend over backwards for customers and every once in a while some jackass would kick me in the butt.  I would just smile and take my lumps because I desperately wanted to prove myself by making every sale.  One day, I was moaning and groaning to my boss about some customer really beating me up.  He said "Tell them to take their business somewhere else.  If they're going to act like a jerk now, just think what a pain they'll be down the road.  We don't necessarily want everyone who walks through the door as a customer."

I replied "I thought you'd be ticked off if I ran them off."

Boss: "Heck no!  Send them packing."

Life's been good ever since.  Sales have gone up and business is flourishing.  Treat people like you want to be treated, even salespeople (except for goat-smellin' Amway type goomers).

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 11:49:55 am »

fatman

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2006, 08:21:37 am »
There is one more thing I would like to add to this thread. Tobacco products. If you are a smoker the customer can always tell because your clothing stinks. Don't try to hide it with a quick spray of aftershave either.  If you chew tobacco please leave that gross habit at home. It is completely disgusting to see someone spitting tobacco juice into a cup or bottle. Nobody sees this as appealing or in any way professional.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2006, 02:10:53 pm »
Yes, unfortunatly fatman is correct. As a smoker, I am acutly aware that it may offend some, so here are  a couple of tips. After a smoke and before talking to a customer, wash your hands, this is where the smell lingers the most. Also, keep a small travel bottle of mouth wash handy, since the other place where the smell linger is on your breath.

There is one more thing I would like to add to this thread. Tobacco products. If you are a smoker the customer can always tell because your clothing stinks. Don't try to hide it with a quick spray of aftershave either.  If you chew tobacco please leave that gross habit at home. It is completely disgusting to see someone spitting tobacco juice into a cup or bottle. Nobody sees this as appealing or in any way professional.

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2006, 02:10:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42