What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog spas  (Read 9372 times)

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Bullfrog spas
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 10:13:13 am »

I'm not sure if the dealer is aware or not but that is a scam. Many Master dealers were using that previously but I'm not sure how much it's tied to any brand so I'm not sure it's a reflection on what other Bullfrog dealers are doing. In the end customers would find that they had to jump through hoops and STILL they always were denied for some obscure reason. I haven't heard of ANY people actually getting their money back and if you run a search on the web you'll find attorney generals from Missouri and other states were going after these rebate scams. If it sounds too good to be true it's because IT IS too good to be true.

now why would you say this....I mean it makes perfect sense to pay me today and in 3 years I am going to give you all your money back.......we both will be rich like this right.....I think its going to be the next big thing auto sales....I mean it is a very sound and reasonable business practice ....I am sure people are lining up to invest in this type of a thing.....oh by the way I am starting a pyramid for all those who want to "make some quick dollars"..... ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2005, 10:13:13 am »

Brookenstein

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2005, 11:24:20 am »

If it sounds too good to be true it's because IT IS too good to be true.

That's what my mom said, and she was oh so wrong.   ;)  

MarKee

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2005, 01:22:52 pm »
There are a lot of shady companies in this business.

Gair

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 01:36:10 pm »
This program of getting 100% back is not from the BullFrog Co.  But is a program contracted by the local dealer.  This program is not just offered by Spa dealers.  It was offered by my dealer also.  I did not do it. One missed mail in date and there were many and you lose all of your money.  I got my Spa $1000 less for not doing it.
I'm not sure if the dealer is aware or not but that is a scam. Many Master dealers were using that previously but I'm not sure how much it's tied to any brand so I'm not sure it's a reflection on what other Bullfrog dealers are doing. In the end customers would find that they had to jump through hoops and STILL they always were denied for some obscure reason. I haven't heard of ANY people actually getting their money back and if you run a search on the web you'll find attorney generals from Missouri and other states were going after these rebate scams. If it sounds too good to be true it's because IT IS too good to be true.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 01:46:21 pm by Gair »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2005, 02:04:19 pm »

That's what my mom said, and she was oh so wrong.   ;)  

There are always exceptions but you have to have keep eyes open and your pocketbook close to you. Maybe you found one of the honest, charming, good looking guys out there whose heart was in the right place.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2005, 09:26:27 pm »
Bullfrog makes a good product however many BF dealers try to demand more of a premium than is warranted.  As far as water condition (smell) the answer is NO.  The same water that circulates in the spa also circulates behind the jet packs.  This means that the water back there isn't "stagnant" (as some dealers might try to portrary to the detriment of BF).  Moving the packs is just as easy (easier) than taking out a filter. Since it's so easy to do, many owners DO move their packs.  This is NOT what the major mfgs wany you to believe because the only way they can move theirs is one "jet" at a time and nobody is going to go through that much effort.  Changing it in a HS could take 10 minutes whereas in a BF it takes almost 30 seconds.  As far as efficency... The BF is foam filled so you get that benefit but they also use the move energy-hungery 56-frame motors so there goes some of that additional efficency so they are about the same as all the other foam filled in regards to efficency.  I went about 85% of the way towards becoming a BF dealer two years ago.  I agree that they have some great ideas but as with any small franchise, your expereince with them will be reliant on the dealer themselves.  If you have prices, share them here and we can probably guide you pretty well.  In short, you should be able to get the 651 for under $8K (they will ask nearly $10K for it but there is like $4K profit in there).  And yes, the pumps do determine where you can place packs.  The easiest way (more expensive) way around this is to simply put in the biggest pumps and that way you can pretty much move any pack to any seat.  An underpowered pack WILL work in a seat that "appears" (by their configurator) to be underpowered. There's NOTHING "techincal" to stop you from building the spa ANY way you want.  Many don't want all that power and once you get it you can play with the packs to see what is acceptable for you.  In addition, you significant other can go back to the store next Christmas and buy you a different pack (or two).  Good luck!
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 09:52:34 pm »
Moving the packs is just as easy (easier) than taking out a filter. Since it's so easy to do, many owners DO move their packs.  This is NOT what the major mfgs wany you to believe because the only way they can move theirs is one "jet" at a time and nobody is going to go through that much effort.  

The seats should be easy to move and people may move them from seat to seat for whatever reason but as far as swapping them out for new ones I'm skeptical. I think what you get originally is what you'll end up with (nothing wrong with that).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 09:52:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42