What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: what's your vacuum of choice?  (Read 12994 times)

Soakin

Re: what's your vacuum of choice?
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005, 08:56:02 pm »
See, that's what happens when you keep an open mind and study the vac industry for years, then apply principles you learned when working for NASA.  I'm sure that your critics say that will never work.  They just can't handle the truth.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005, 08:56:02 pm »

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 12:58:45 pm »
There  is no harm in getting "FREE" info on different spa vacs. There is alot to gain by knowing your options and  making the right choice for you and your family!  Couple of key things to consider is ease of use and effectiveness.  If your choice covers both, then, you have made a good choice! If the vac is difficult to use and is not effective, you are not going to use it, It is that simple. I hope you find the best spa vac for YOU and YOUR family! Good luck!

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2005, 12:30:32 pm »
Outta curiousity, how is your spa vac holding up?

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2005, 12:35:31 pm »
Trying to decide between the HS Spa Vac or Polaris style.  What do you prefer?

Outta curiousity, how is your spa vac holding up?

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2005, 12:55:20 pm »
I cannot answer that for you. I know the HotSprings spa vac is very effective and very easy to use. However, I have never tried the Polaris spa vac system. Can you tell me a little more about it?

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2005, 01:06:09 pm »
Not sure if Polaris has a website.  This is what it looks like.  

http://www.poolplaza.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=POL-40-2159&Category_Code=

I cannot answer that for you. I know the HotSprings spa vac is very effective and very easy to use. However, I have never tried the Polaris spa vac system. Can you tell me a little more about it?

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2005, 08:16:34 pm »
btw, I bought the paradise spa vac.

works great.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2005, 08:28:33 pm »
That looks like the HS Spa Vac.  Is it made by the same manufacturer and re-branded?

http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product000590000003.cfm

btw, I bought the paradise spa vac.

works great.

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2005, 03:33:15 am »
That looks like the HS Spa Vac.  Is it made by the same manufacturer and re-branded?

http://www.poolandspa.com/catalog/product000590000003.cfm

Yeah, I think so. It's cheaper as a "paradise" but it's the same.

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2005, 08:01:49 am »
I received an HS spa vac with my HS spa and I think I prefer the turkey baster over the spa vac. I have a pearl acrylic finish and I noticed that the spa vac allows some of the tiney debris back into the water. The turkey baster also seems faster to me than the spa vac (but I have to obviously be in the water.

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2005, 01:04:56 pm »
Thats why  I always says try b4 you buy, a spa vac.  I have used the HotSpring spa vac and have never had that problem. But, thats me.  The paradise spa vac looks very similar, however, without having more technical data on its construction and without tyring it, I could not say if it would be as effective as the HotSprings version. Markus, I would take your spa vac back to your dealer. Have them look at it.  It might be defective. Every once in awhile it happens.

Pisces

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2005, 01:27:38 pm »
The Hot Springs spa vac is a rebranded Paradise spa vac. If you're getting debris back into the water upon lifting the vac, check to see that the plastic flapper check valve is quickly closing upon lifting the vac. Check for debris around flapper and clean if necessary. If holding spa vac at an angle in the water, rotate the vac to position the hinge on flapper on the high side or uppermost position, and lift somewhat abruptly to start with to insure than the flapper seats quickly and does not allow any debris through when lifting spa vac.

Oscar

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2005, 10:01:41 am »
I agree with Pisces. Make sure the plastic flapper is moving freely and free of debris. If your struggles continue, I would take it to your local HotSprings dealer and have them look at it. I personally have not had those issues with the HotSpring spa vac.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2005, 10:01:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42