What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Springs Heaters  (Read 2778 times)

Pathfinder

Hot Springs Heaters
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:26:58 am »
Hey folks, apparently the company I work for is now looking to expand into the hot tub market. So Im now doing product research on what we should pick up.

Question is ... The HS Vista has a 4kw heater & the Vanguard
has a 6kw heater  although the vista is a bigger tub than the vanguard why is the heater smaller.  Im sure theres a good reason for this.

FYI our company is entertaining offers from Jacuzzi,Watkins,Hydropool,Calspa&Marquis along with some not worth noting.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Springs Heaters
« on: December 29, 2005, 11:26:58 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Hot Springs Heaters
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 11:40:15 am »
Hey folks, apparently the company I work for is now looking to expand into the hot tub market. So Im now doing product research on what we should pick up.

Question is ... The HS Vista has a 4kw heater & the Vanguard
has a 6kw heater  although the vista is a bigger tub than the vanguard why is the heater smaller.  Im sure theres a good reason for this.

FYI our company is entertaining offers from Jacuzzi,Watkins,Hydropool,Calspa&Marquis along with some not worth noting.

This has come up before because it does seem confusing but there is actually a very simple reason. All those spas have a dedicated 50A breaker so you can only draw so much current. However, the larger spas (Vista as you said and certainly the Grande) have larger pumps which draw more current so in order to stay within the current limits they put in a lower amp heater so they don't go over the limit. You shouldn't see a difference while the spas are running. The only difference is the one with the 6kw heater might heat up on a refill at something like 7º/hr while in comparison the one with the 4kw heater might therefore heat up at 5º/hr. Some manufacturers get around this by using a 60A breaker.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 11:48:10 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 11:43:24 am »
The Vista and Envoy use the HP pumps.  I'm sure there isn't enough power to run the newer pumps with the 6K heater on a 50A circuit.  The HS dealers might have more input here.  

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1134019883;start=0
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Pathfinder

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 11:45:07 am »
Makes perfect sense

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 11:51:34 am »
I guess the Grandee Endurol can have a 6kw bc the pumps are smaller

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 11:59:57 am »
I guess the Grandee Endurol can have a 6kw bc the pumps are smaller

If it has lesser Hp pumps that would make sense because it's all about current draw.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 11:59:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42