What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Switching from dichlor to bromine  (Read 1978 times)

Markus

• HS Vanguard 2005
Switching from dichlor to bromine
« on: December 29, 2005, 09:04:29 am »
I've been using dichlor for 3 months now with very good success. It's a good time to replace my water and the dealer had initially given me 2 containers of granular bromine (when  I purchased the tub).
So now I'm attempting to give bromine a chance (since I have 2 spare containers). I've done a lot of reading here and it seems that the bromine folks aren't using the granular bromine. I'm wondering now if it was a mistake to switch over just because I had a couple of bromine containers. I just added the granular bromine yesterday to the fresh water. Do I also need some kind of flotation device for bromine? Is granular bromine useless? :-/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 09:04:57 am by Markus »

Hot Tub Forum

Switching from dichlor to bromine
« on: December 29, 2005, 09:04:29 am »

JeffB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Switching from dichlor to bromine
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:38:17 am »
I maintained a bromine tub for about 7 years. The granular bromine is used mostly at a refill to get the bromine level up to where you want it right away. It takes some time for bromine tabs in a floater to get the levels up. I used to add a little granular when I knew the tub would see major use, like right before a party. If you have ozone and/or use a Frog mineral stick, you can keep your bromine levels very low, and it is a real easy way to maintain your tub- bromine floater and no need to add anything on each use. I found it about the only with three kids who used the spa with friends. They will not remember to follow a system that requires adding clorine or mps before or after each use.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Switching from dichlor to bromine
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 09:38:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42