What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Green Water  (Read 4710 times)

xqqqsme

Re: Green Water
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 01:43:20 pm »
I just put my high $ fancy computerized test kit in the trash!  I have maybe 2 or 3 people per month come in for water testing.  It usually consists of me taking a test strip, putting it in their water sample, and telling them to raise their pH and add more sanitizer.  Water care is just not that difficult and anyone who tells you differently is just trying to sell you something.

Terminator

Term,

When you say you tell them to raise the pH you mean from acidy to basic right?  So, an adjustment would be frrom a pH of say 6.8 to a pH of 7.2, do I have this right?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 01:43:20 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 01:55:05 pm »

Term,

When you say you tell them to raise the pH you mean from acidy to basic right?  So, an adjustment would be frrom a pH of say 6.8 to a pH of 7.2, do I have this right?

Thanks

Yes, that is the proper terminology.

Terminator
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 01:57:53 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 01:56:33 pm »
Ha Ha.  Very funny drew.  ::)  But I actually did that.. sort of.  The room is still under construction so all the lighting isn't in yet.  We tried checking it at night & couldn't see so I put the spa light on.  It sure was greener!  And the other colors didn't help much either.

Regarding light, the room has lots of glass but I doubt we were in the spa during daylight enough to start an algae colony.

The sanitizer is probably the answer.  I was not using it everytime we used the spa; just when the test strip said our MPS was low.  From now on I will put in 1 oz after every use.

Thanks to all of you for your help.  ;)
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Leslies
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 08:21:11 pm »
My dealer isn't really into water testing so I have to go to Leslies. My Leslies uses a Taylor Professional test kit.  The person who tests my water is very knowledgeable.  I would call and ask for the manager.  Most Leslies go beyond using test strips.

Just curious what dealers test with and if/how it is different from what I test with at home.  I bought my spa used from a private party so I do not have a dealer.  I took my water to Leslie's Pool and Spa and was shocked that they just used the test strips I have at home to test.   ???  Yeah, that was a waste of a trip to town.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Leslies
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 08:21:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42