What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet-testing and dealers' changing rooms  (Read 5106 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Wet-testing and dealers' changing rooms
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 01:22:28 pm »
Good points. If the dealers that have their act together the sales rep whould be smart enough to simply be there to help them with the little things where needed (like being around to buy the pizza when there is a big sales event). I've seen very good sales reps and then the other ones you speak of.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 01:22:28 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 01:28:53 pm »
Good points. If the dealers that have their act together the sales rep whould be smart enough to simply be there to help them with the little things where needed (like being around to buy the pizza when there is a big sales event). I've seen very good sales reps and then the other ones you speak of.

Now don't get me wrong, we have a very good rep who is a great guy, but he is what he is: the point man of the shareholders and protector of the bottom line. ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Anoroc

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 01:34:41 pm »
Seems kind of like a cut-throat business.  

jdheffer

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 01:38:21 pm »
I also was very disappointed by the changing facilities when we were wet testing.  Not only was there no place to put your clothes, but the bathrooms were very small and dirty.  The shining star of our wet testing experience was the Marquis dealer.  Not only were their bathrooms clean, they were very large and inviting with a separate changing area within the bathroom.  This definitely made for a more pleasurable experience, especially for my wife.

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2005, 03:32:00 pm »
Well, I've gotten at least a couple of dealers to sit up and take some notice. I appreciate that and anyone doing a wet test will appreciate that as well.

J McD, you asked if I was joking about reps having a checklist.  I wasn't but perhaps it does seem a bit minor.  Would a factory not give a dealer a line only because of the changing rooms?  Doubtful but a good factory guy might just look at that sort of thing.  Here, the local Cooper Mini dealer had a fit when the factory people told him his showroom was 1' smaller than their minimum standard.  It cost him big $ and let a local gray market dealer make a killing.  Anyway, I figured from there that maybe factory people would have a checklist that would include minimum square footage, signage and things like that.  

Jdheffer, the shining star for me has also been the Marquis dealer.  That mini locker room was really well thought-out and I mentioned that to the sales staff.

East_TX_Spa, unfortunately, the Hotspring product is out of my budget and I can't justify a wet test but I suspect their local dealer's showrooms have spotless changing rooms.

Again, thanks everyone for letting me vent and also for taking my suggestions to heart.

Jim

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 06:39:52 pm »
I stopped in my local Sundance Dealer today. They started carrying filters for my Dynasty since we have no dealer.  They have a great locker room that you can only get to from the testing area that holds 4 spas. The door from the testing area can be closed.  In addition, they probably have the nicest restrooms (both genders) of any store in town.  I remember having that impression when we were shopping, but seeing it again after have been here awhile, I now realize what a great factility they have.

http://www.allseasonsspas.net/index.html
« Last Edit: December 27, 2005, 06:41:39 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 06:39:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42