What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Thermospa update  (Read 11667 times)

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
Re: Thermospa update
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 10:48:43 pm »
Is it even legal to sell a spa without a cover.  I am pretty sure in Arizona you must have a cover with a spa.  Just like a fence and a pool.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2005, 10:48:43 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2005, 09:14:51 am »
Dave,

Please don't take my post wrong. My statement was about us consumers not knowing about quality.

I originally was interested in Thermo, they got me started in wanting a tub. When teach first came here - he was slammed by most people. But he did what everyone said to do - wet test - and liked it.

Thermo is probably only known by their infomercials and some people buy it based on what Thermo says. HS is doing infomercials now ... my opinion is they saw how successful Thermo is at it and want a piece of that pie.

$12,000 is a lot of money for ANY tub. But as a shopper I saw what some manufacturer's offer at their price points - some are just too much also.

Basically the point I was trying to make was if you put all $12,000 (or $6,000, $7000, ...) spas side by side and all things about the spas being equal, how do I, the non spa professional, know what's a great spa or a crap one. I don't think I would be able to tell the difference.

Jims

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2005, 02:18:21 pm »
I have to agree with the majority.  We live in Wallingford CT near a TS warehouse and before deciding went to the showroom/warehouse sale.  We were treated like they were going to do us the biggest favor in the world.  Everything was a big deal color delivery model etc wouldn't talk about service or support.  We walked out on them and left them talking to themselves.  Wouldn't recommend anyone to go there.  We went to our local HS dealer and bought a Solans TX and it's great.

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2005, 04:03:09 pm »
Me not being a proffesional spa tech, or  not even a crappy spa tech, how does the average person tell if a spa is of execellant, mediam, or poor quality. I'm not talkin about how deep seats are or the jets in different places, or number of jets, or even marketing are selling practices? All of that is personal and has nothing to do about qualityof the spa.  Also dealer service, as important as it is, has nothing to do with the quality of the spa . I here alot a people in the spa business here talk about this or that spa that is of medium quality and then talking about the spa they sell is of exallent quality  That is fine to me because I think you should believe in the product you are selling. I personally would like to know  why this spa or that spa is of poor fair good or excelent quality in their opinion.  I haven't really checked, but maybe it has to do with the form rules, I don't know. It would help me though, if members  are permitted, to explain why they have the opinion that they have regarding any spa.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2005, 04:27:53 pm »
Vinny,
Now, I understand and I agree with you. I quess alot of the techs, dealers and reps on this forum take it for granite and know what brands are the best and why they are the best. But, as a consumer, it must be difficult going out there and shopping for  a quality spa.
I agree with you, on the first appearance, probably most spas look similar. Many folks get swayed by total jets and how many pumps the spa has, when there is a lot more to it. Vinny, you shopped all over New Jersey and learned alot about spas and have been a great help on this forum sharing your experiences, with shoppers and spa owners. This forum and others like it are a good thing. There are almost no Magazines  or Websites out there, that offer true Spa and Hot Tub  Ratings, that are not paid for. Most people will do the circuit and shop all of the spas at local dealerships, ask their friends and research products on the net. Twenty years ago, working in a dealership, I think we had maybe  1 or 2 people a year wet testing spas in the showroom. Now, we have about atleast 5 wet tests a week. Big difference. Back then every spa had 4 jets, a 1 HP Pump and 1 HP Air Blower and were availbale in three colors, brown marble, sky blue marble and sequoia red. You could do a tent sale and people showed up and bought a spa, on their first visit. Now, with so many choices, features and options available, people want to test drive before they buy, to be sure which spa is right for them, as they should. Infomercials by TSpa and now HS, is a good thing. It gets the wheels turning and introduces the public to the benefits of hot water therapy and what it can do for them. And thats a good thing too. It is still a youg industry, about 30 years. Hopefully, manufacturers can start working together, instead of against each other, with dealers to provide a better shopping experience for spa buyers. I think there could be Manufacturer/Dealer Spa shows, that have all of the big players in the same show, open to the public and not a show paid for by one manufacturer, featuring just one brand. I always felt, that our National and Regional Trade Shows, that usually run Tues-Thursdays, could be open Fridays and Saturdays, for the public. No pricing or selling would have to take place. Just introduce the public to what is out there. We'll keep plugging. Dave.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2005, 04:37:10 pm »
Me not being a proffesional spa tech, or  not even a crappy spa tech, how does the average person tell if a spa is of execellant, mediam, or poor quality.

That has always been my point. People will go in a showroom, kick the tires, ask a few questions and from the sales presentation mostly they have to determine if it is a Quality spa. That's why places like this are helpful.
Also, What's with that "crappy" adjective?

Also dealer service, as important as it is, has nothing to do with the quality of the spa .

I disagree! One of the reasons the better quality spas often give better quality service is because the dealers of the beter spas aren't inundated with nearly as many service calls on pain in the ass quality issues that should be taken care of at the factory or just plain poor design. That frees them up to deal with the random quality issues that occur (there will always be some issues). Dealers can get frustrated and in turn drop the ball a bit.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 05:56:45 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

blizzard

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2005, 06:27:28 pm »
This is exactly what I mean. You guys are still beaten around the bush. Spatech, quoted me a couple times for what? It surly didn't answer any questions I and other members have. Everybody talks about wet testing and how important it is. I agree it is one major consideration to buying a spa. But that doesn't effect the quallity of the tub. Just cause a spa hits you in all the right places or fells good to you doesn't change the spas quality. To me quality means dependability. I don't care if the spa does hit you in all the right places, IF IN DOESN'T WORK HALF THE TIME. OR MOST OF THE TIME IT'S JUNK. MY QUESTION STILL STANDS UNANSWERED WHAT MAKES A SPA EXCELLENT, FAIR OR POOR in the eyes of the professionals here? As far a the crappy adjective not all spa tech's are created equal, as some in the business are idiots. I am one of the idiots because I know nothing about spas
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 07:07:12 pm by blizzard »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2005, 08:05:28 pm »
This is exactly what I mean. You guys are still beaten around the bush. Spatech, quoted me a couple times for what? It surly didn't answer any questions I and other members have.

MY QUESTION STILL STANDS UNANSWERED WHAT MAKES A SPA EXCELLENT, FAIR OR POOR in the eyes of the professionals here? As far a the crappy adjective not all spa tech's are created equal, as some in the business are idiots. I am one of the idiots because I know nothing about spas

A quality spa is one which is well designed and therefore lasts in the field for years with few issues (and they are simple understandable issues when they do arise). That along with the features it has is what makes people happy or unhappy down the line. Not all customers are bright enough to understand that on their own so if you can't get it we can't help you.

blizzard

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2005, 09:14:03 pm »

A quality spa is one which is well designed and therefore lasts in the field for years with few issues (and they are simple understandable issues when they do arise).

So by your definition of a quality spa, I won't know if I bought a quality spa until I've owned it for ten to fifteen years. That really helps me out now when I'm looking for a spa. What is a simple understandable issue? I've never owned a spa or tried to trouble shoot one, but I really can't imagine with a spa consisting of water pumps, control unit, ozanator, lights and plastic pipe can't hardly see anything not being understandable. Just a process of elimination and money to buy new parts unless the shell completely falls apart. I may be an idiot when it comes to spas just because I've never been around one, but this in no way means I'm an idiot as you have implied.  NJDAVE said Thermo is not a D-One, Artesian, Hot springs, Sundance or Marquis. It is an average quality spa. I guess what I would like, being new to the spa industry is when someone like NJDAVE, you or any other knowledgable person here makes a statement like this, it would help us newbie's for the pros to explain why they think this way. I sat through a TS home sales pitch and got offered the same deal as many others have. Did I by one no, and I am no way endorsing TS or cutting them down.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2005, 10:27:48 pm »
Whatever Blizzard. Go buy a T-spa or go to Home Depot and get one of their basic types. Just take your attitude elsewhere.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2005, 10:27:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42