What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spa DVD  (Read 8538 times)

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
Master Spa DVD
« on: December 14, 2005, 02:22:40 pm »
Has anyone watched this dvd?  I can't imagine anyone buying a spa from a company that advertises themselves like that.  I am very suprised a company would send out such a ridiculous dvd to potential customers. If anyone wants a good laugh, I suggest requesting one, off their site. I feel bad for the sales reps. Its truly embarrassing.

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spa DVD
« on: December 14, 2005, 02:22:40 pm »

Soakin

Re: Master Spa DVD
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 02:33:20 pm »
If it doesn't have Shrek,Nemo or a princess in it, it probably isn't on the playlist at our house. :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 03:56:59 pm »
Has anyone watched this dvd?  I can't imagine anyone buying a spa from a company that advertises themselves like that.  I am very suprised a company would send out such a ridiculous dvd to potential customers. If anyone wants a good laugh, I suggest requesting one, off their site. I feel bad for the sales reps. Its truly embarrassing.

NEver saw it. What's so ridicolous about it? Poor production? outrageous claims? Ugly fat people in the spa?

:)
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 04:07:08 pm »
I too have never seen it, but have seen ones for Bullfrog and Thermospas and have found they are usually fluff pieces that would be dissapointing for many people who are into serious comparison shopping.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 04:33:38 pm »
I have seen it. The highlite is how they won "The Spa Challange" (no not that one!) their own. Just a hunch, but I don't think that they'll be nominated for any oscars this year.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 09:04:04 am »
As most of you know, I own an MS LSX but I've never seen the dvd....I expect it isn't much different than any other propaganda that I've seen on TV from other spa manufacturers.  If advertising makes or breaks the deal, then so be it....it's all fluff anyway.  As for the tub, 1.5 years without issues and extremely happy with the choice. 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

grahamtasia

• Life is not short!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 09:15:18 am »
In no way, was I discounting the spa itself. Just stating that, what they expect people to believe and there presentation of there spa was absolutely criminal.  Choosing the right spa is very difficult and you speak of fluff, well. they take fluff to the extreme. The information that they provide is very misleading and misguides consumers greatly. I have yet to see fluff pieces from your leading spa manufactures(HotSpring, Sundance, Marquis, D1 and Jaccuzzi) that basically insult the customers intelligence. I am glad you are enjoying your spa.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 10:17:49 am »
The information that they provide is very misleading and misguides consumers greatly.

Considering the rap that MS takes on this board for its advertising practices, I'm not surprised that reactions to the dvd would be negative.....this is not a condemnation of opinions presented on this board, neither is it some type of support for MS advertising practices.  Personally, with as much misinformation presented in advertising as a whole, the prudent consumer must always be weary of any advertising.

With that said, I am interested in specifics.  Can you give some examples of blatant misrepresentations included in the dvd?
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Soakin

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 11:04:29 am »
I have yet to see fluff pieces from your leading spa manufactures(HotSpring, Sundance, Marquis, D1 and Jaccuzzi) that basically insult the customers intelligence.
You wouldn't happen to sell one of the "leading spa manufacturers" lines would you?  Doesn't each of them claim to be the best?  Don't they all imply that if you buy their product your life will be better?  Don't they all claim that some minor proprietary feature makes their spa superior to all the others that basically do the same thing?  Maybe that doesn't insult your intelligence, but it certainly makes my head hurt.

I personally think that most advertising insults customer's intelligence.  Believing anything stated in an ad is like putting stock in anything you read on the internet. ;)  Unfortunately it works, and that is why they keep doing it.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 11:29:00 am by Soakin »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 11:12:32 am »
In no way, was I discounting the spa itself. Just stating that, what they expect people to believe and there presentation of there spa was absolutely criminal.  Choosing the right spa is very difficult and you speak of fluff, well. they take fluff to the extreme. The information that they provide is very misleading and misguides consumers greatly. I have yet to see fluff pieces from your leading spa manufactures(HotSpring, Sundance, Marquis, D1 and Jaccuzzi) that basically insult the customers intelligence. I am glad you are enjoying your spa.

I think I we need to see this video to see just how far Master has taken this.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 11:16:28 am »

I think I we need to see this video to see just how far Master has taken this.

Can it be any worse than what Detroit wants us to believe when buying a car? Or what Brewers tell us will happen if we serve the riight beer? Or what will happen if I join the Pepsi Generation?  8)

Then again, you can't be a man if you don't smoke the same ciggerttes as me....
07 Caldera Geneva

J._McD

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 11:16:44 am »
In the past, it has not been the product itself that most have had a problem with, as the product in general performs for the most part as expected.  However, issues have always been raised over the marketing and promotional efforts of some product lines that sometimes could be considered by industry insiders as misleading or deceptive.  

This is like consumer "cash rebates" that will never be realized because they are expected and intended to motivate a decision without recieving any such "rebate".  We have lost sales to dealers offering such "cash rebates" who sold their product ONLY because the consumer consiously considered the rebate in the final outcome of the price, yet NEVER received it actually "overpaying" for the product.  Personally, I believe they were FOOLED.

But just keep this in mind, it is all about marketing and how it is done.  The mind of the consumer is influenced by a variety of messages sent and received during the shopping or buying process.  It is refered to psychology, or the mind of the consumer and what influences them.  

If we might appear to be negative about it, then we can only fall into two categories, complaining or jealeous.

If it is deemed that we may be complaining, then it is about the misleading, deceptive and unethical practices that are prevelant in the Hot Tub industry, intended to influence the mind of the consumers, as we all compete for the consumer interest and their dollars.  

If it is deemed that we are jealeous, then it is about the marketing dollars that are spent to attract and influence the consumers decision.  Many of us would like to have the resources that other manufacturers and dealers reap to spend to shamelessly self promote in a manner intended to achieve results, but this is the American Way, it is called Free Enterprise.

Well, it takes money to make money and money is not made with low yeilding profits, honest business practices, full disclosure and caring customer services.  But, these factors do lead to good consumer / business relationships that we read about in these forums.

Grahamtasia, is only reflecting the message and impressions that are received and it is surprising how many unknowing and unsuspecting shoppers out there "believe" such garbage, as if it was a "legitimate challenge", comparing different name brand products, with representatives wearing different name brand logo clothing, as if it is anything close to the truth.  This could be considered misleading, deceptive or even unethical if it was not truthful and it just might influence some unknowing consumer, if nothing more than to enter a store for a presentation.  

Why use such misleading tactics to represent your product. Could it be motivated by greed $$$$$ or maybe just an unrelenting drive to succeed in geting sales revenue?

What do you think?  How honest is this industry.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 11:21:53 am by J._McD »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 11:20:29 am »
I agree J_McD.

And lord knows you and I have gone around the block a few times about stuff like this.  ::)  :)

Fluff advertsing - to me - is one thing.   Fasle promotions like "rebates" or free upgrades for stereos are another.  I have no problem with a salesman putting his product in the best light, just as long as it doens't become lying.  And At times, it's a thin line.

07 Caldera Geneva

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 11:30:26 am »
I saw it but can't recall specific details other than I remember seeing them insert what looked like flimsy looking pieces of foam panels in the sides and thinking it looked really cheap. (not to start a flame war - it's what stood out to me and that was before reading anything on here regarding the great FF/TP debate).

Any company sponsored marketing piece is usually glitz and fluff.  How come you always have a babe in the tub and not some 300lb woman in curlers holding a smoke?  How many from burgers from McDonalds really look like the picture.

I didn't find it over the top.  As a consumer, you've just got to sort through the BS and understand what really matters.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 11:33:19 am »
I just didn't care for the songs on it.  They didn't have a good beat and I couldn't dance to them.

Terminator
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 11:34:03 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 11:33:19 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42