What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HS Grandee Gurgle  (Read 3109 times)

dustoff872

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
HS Grandee Gurgle
« on: December 19, 2005, 12:18:16 pm »
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking now since last February and want to thank all for the expert advice you give others that benefits all who read.  We purchased our Grandee in May and really enjoy it.  This board has been a lifesaver with the ownership of our tub.  Thanks to you fine folks I learned not to micro manage my water and life is easier when you learn that all important lesson.

I had found a similar post about my current issue but I'm looking for a little more detail if possible.  I drained & refilled last weekend and now I am getting a "gurgle" sound out of my floor drain where the ozone bubbles are rising.  If I unscrew the floor drain cover and briefly put my finger over the hole where the bubbles are coming out I get a cavitating feel and sound and the gurgle noise stops for about 30 seconds then comes right back.  It reminds me of a system that has got "air" in the lines but then again that is exactly what it is only noisey.  This sound is similar to when you disconnect the tub power during filter maintenance and then reapply the power.  You get the bubble noise on start up then it goes away.  Mine isn't it just gurgles all the time.

When the tub is closed up and I am standing 20 feet away I can hear this noise.   Any ideas on what the problem is and how the dealer will fix it?  Will this
need a drain of the tub to fix?

Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

HS Grandee Gurgle
« on: December 19, 2005, 12:18:16 pm »

J._McD

Re: HS Grandee Gurgle
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 07:06:46 pm »
Dustoff689, welcome to the board.  I am sorry to say that you have been ignored by the HS "experts" that we know frequent this board.  Either you have them baffeled or maybe they don't understand the phenomenon that you are dealing with.

Did you have this gurggling before you changed the water.  At best guess, I would say it is the ozone gases or air bubbles that are in the plumbing run, but I would have to defer this issue to the "experts" who seem to know their product best.  Maybe they can offer a solution, a fix or some maybe even some understanding.

Sorry about your being ignored on this issue for the last 24 hours.  Usually, they are much friendlier and more responsive to offer suggestions and help.  

And, it's your first post.  Maybe they think your JA

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 07:17:41 pm »
dustoff, I apologize.  I didn't even see this post the first time.  I am so sorry that I missed it.

It does sound like you have gotten an airlock in the spa.  This sometimes happens after a drain and refill, especially if you do not insert the hose all the way into the gray standpipe that one of the filters rests upon.  If you do this, it will prevent an airlock 99% of the time.

Now, the remedy.  You can open the drain valve while at the same time adding more water to the spa through the standpipe.  You can also just turn the breakers off for a few seconds, then turn the 30 amp one on and 10 seconds later turn the 20 amp one on.  Should remedy the problem! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

pruned_hands

• Hot Springs Grandee Lover
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 11:48:03 pm »
Dustoff, let us know what happens...I have a new grandee and appreciate learning all the ins and outs.  

I hope you are back to a smooth and silent running tub soon.  (and if the problem is what term says...the fix is fairly easy!)

Good luck!

PH

dustoff872

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 05:29:22 pm »
Thanks everyone for the replies my feelings were starting to get hurt.

I figured the Term would chime in sooner or later.  I am from South LA. & I've got sisters up in Shreveport LA. so he is almost a neighbor.  

Term, I had shut both breakers off a couple of times but I never turned them on seperately.  I will try your fixes this evening when I get home.

I'm not JA, My story is this.  I built my kids a tree house in the yard a few years ago and my wife said it looked like a deck.  I agreed and then her gears started turning.  Weeks later I mentioned this conversation to a couple of friends after a few beers and said "heck if I'm going to build a deck might as well put a hot tub on it".  Well she was within earshot of that comment and it all began. Go to my web site and take a look around.   My deck project isn't a little one, I jumped in with both feet. We entertain often with lots of guests & small deck wouldn't have looked quite right up next to our house.  My pictures aren't up to date, I'm on phase 2 now the area leading to the tub from the upper deck area.

PH:
I love my Grandee!  We started looking at the HS Vanguard a couple of years ago.  The local dealer had a end of the year sale and the Grandee price fell to about what the Vanguard was previously being quoted as.  That was a no brainer & we are very pleased with our HS purchase.
I have had some issues with my SmartJet Lever being hard to turn.  The tech came out did something to them and left.  I got home and the right one was perfect, the left lever would pop up about a 1/4 of an inch and leak water.  He returned fixed that but now it is hard to turn again.  The dealer said it is within tolerances and see how it goes.  My 8 year old son has a tough time turning it so I don't think it is fixed. They will get a call after the new year.

Now you know my 2 issues and they aren't worth loosing sleep over.  Looking forward to many years on the deck and in the tub.

Thanks for the help.

Dustoff

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 06:01:00 pm »
Dustoff, again I apologize for missing your previous post.  Some of us are really busy this time of the year and don't always have time to see everything that comes across the board.

What is wonderful about this forum is that there are some dealers who have plenty of time to peruse everything with a fine-tooth comb and point it out to the one's who can actually provide assistance.  They are an invaluable resource in this online community and do serve a purpose.  Since there are so many HS related topics, sometimes they slip by the experts and then the second team steps up and really shine.

I do hope you will swing by Longview if you are ever visiting your sisters.  We can sit on the back deck, pop open a Shiner Bock, and enjoy a fine cigar.

Take care and holler if you ever need assistance.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2005, 11:45:04 am »
Dustoff,

You deserve official blessings, even though they may be a little late!!!

May you always have hot, clean bubbly water!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

dustoff872

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 03:14:35 pm »
Lori,
Thanks for the blessings, so far my water is hot, clean, bubbly & most of all "gurgle free"!  Thanks Term for the fix, that must have been the problem.

Hope all have a great holiday weekend.  I'll be in my tub tonight watching for that sleigh to pass overhead.

Dustoff

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2005, 03:14:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42