What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: venturi noise  (Read 7187 times)

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
Re: venturi noise
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 12:56:08 pm »
sponge worthy!  ;D  
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I've been researching sound reduction, and it seems the ways to go about it would be to:

A. put the motor on an anti-vibration pad - which I already purchased. and B. (this is the scary part) cut a piece out of the intake and out take pipes and put in a thick rubber tubing joint in. (to isolate vibrations through the pipes).

Most of the noise does seem to be due to the out take pipe eading to the spa. The floor upon which the motor is mounted does little vibration.

My question for all of you -
If you look at your modern tubs, which I assume have little to no motor noise, do you see any type of 'pipe isolation' done like this, or is it straight PVC from the pump into the spa innards?

What kind of vibration dampening, if any, do you see in your tub?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 12:56:08 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 01:02:05 pm »
Flex hose from the intake and output of the pumps and rubber "feet" on the bottom of the pumps are seen on the newer spas.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 01:03:07 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 01:59:05 pm »
yeah, that's what I'm guessing I'll have to do.

The sound really comes from one corner (closest to the pump) but is actually louder outside of the corner than in the equipment area.

resonant frequencies... it's what Tesla thought he could split the world in two with.

Incidentally, my spa has a resonant frequency that is = to A#

I think I may (not today) think about pump isolation via flex tubing and rubber feet, as suggested.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 01:59:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42