What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: settings and power interruption  (Read 2770 times)

teach

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
settings and power interruption
« on: December 21, 2005, 08:17:25 am »
I was wondering what happens to a hot tub's settings, ( purge cycle, filtration, temp. setting etc. clock, if it has one ) if there is a power interruption while you are away on vacation or away for a weekend?  When power returns after a power interruption does someone manually have to do something to a tub to get it going again, or  will it continue its normal operational cycles  automatically when the power does return? If everything has to be reset inorder for the tub to work,  how do you handle that situation?  If you are away, you won't know if there was a power interruption and would not be there to reset anything.  What if this occurs during freezing temperatures?  Wouldn't  the tub freeze up while you are away if no one resets any settings?      

Hot Tub Forum

settings and power interruption
« on: December 21, 2005, 08:17:25 am »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
Re: settings and power interruption
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 08:31:32 am »
teach,
We need to know what year, manufacturer and model spa you have. It's differs depending on the manufacturer. For instance, when my '05 Marquis Reward loses power, I just have to reset the time of day. All my other settings, clean cycles, durations, etc. are remembered. Why Marquis decided to let it lose the time is beyond me. ???
Anyway, yours is probably different. So waddaya got?

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 08:41:35 am »
Knowing the brand of your spa really does help, otherwise we can only answer generically and guess.  SD and many other spas will hold its memory, as well as, time of day until the power comes back on.

I would suggest that you go out and trip your breaker to simulate a power loss to the spa and turn it back on after 15 minutes.  This should mimic such conditions that you are concerned about and you will be able to witness the results.  

A call to your dealer would also do the trick.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 08:43:51 am »
As everyone has mentioned, each spa has their own default and we have discussed this previously and they do vary.

Mine defaults to 95F and 4 hours of filtration a day. Other people's remember their settings.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 10:44:25 am »
If I recall, I believe teach bought a Thermospa.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 10:44:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42