What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Electric Usage  (Read 3022 times)

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
Electric Usage
« on: December 19, 2005, 06:44:16 pm »
I just finished doing a 6 month comparison of my electric bill from this year to last, the difference being, last year during the same time period, I did not have my HS Sovreign.  (How did I get through life thus far without it??)  Anyway, here are the figures:

June $4.29 more this year
July .71 cents less this year
August 14.43 more this year
September 20.15 more this year
October .84 centes less this year
November 20.54 more this year

So, all things considered, about 9.64 more per month on average this this year.  No other big changes for me electrically this year either, so it should be an apples to apples comparison.  I can't explain the months when this year was actually less.  I have electric hot water and natural gas range and heat.  I am pleased with these results.  I would be interested in knowing how installing a hot tub has affected some other folks' elect. bills.

BTW- I added a couple of "Christmas Spatopia" pics to my site at   http://photos.yahoo.com/lawdawgva  Merry Christmas to all and best wishes in the new year!

-Sarge
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Hot Tub Forum

Electric Usage
« on: December 19, 2005, 06:44:16 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Electric Usage
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 09:17:33 pm »
I have some good news and bad news!

First the good news - Your tub really isn't costing that much to run!

Now the bad news - your electrical usage has changed somewhat - having the months with less than last years KWH used with the tub means that electrical usage in other ways is way down.

Which might mean that the good news is not GREAT news but it is good news!

Now for me my Nov bill in NJ was about 500 KWH (revised figure - thought it was 600) or about $58. but that's with a water change and that's the total charge for supply and delivery.

lawdawgva

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 10:07:02 pm »
True Vinny....I'm just guessing here that after all is said and done my tub is costing somewhere in the 15.00 a month range and the other fluctuations are, as you said, in other areas.  BTW, I forgot to mention my tub is a 110v configuration.

My cost per KWH including transmission and distribution, taxes, etc averages out to 6.5 cents.  I am thinking that is fairly decent compared to some of the rates I've seen in posts before.  

-Sarge

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 02:04:37 am »
Wow, very nice lawdawgva.  Your eletricity is very cheap. Where do you live?  My rates are about three times higher than yours in So Cal.  I just got a letter from our electric company the other day about a rate increase.  I think we are going to be about .17 Kwh pretty soon.  :(

Are you a lawyer in VA or a cop?  

True Vinny....I'm just guessing here that after all is said and done my tub is costing somewhere in the 15.00 a month range and the other fluctuations are, as you said, in other areas.  BTW, I forgot to mention my tub is a 110v configuration.

My cost per KWH including transmission and distribution, taxes, etc averages out to 6.5 cents.  I am thinking that is fairly decent compared to some of the rates I've seen in posts before.  

-Sarge

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

lawdawgva

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 12:58:59 pm »
Gomboman,

I feel very fortunate to live in this area of Virginia, around Roanoke, if you are familiar, very near to the Blue Ridge Parkway, a few hours drive to the Ocean or Washington DC.  The cost of living here is very low.  The region consistantly makes it on one or the other of the "100 best places to live in America" lists.

I am a Sergeant Deputy Sheriff.  I'm basically living out a life long dream.  My mom says I used to play "sheriff" all the time when I was little!  It's definately never the same job two days in a row!

-Sarge

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 12:58:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42