What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question  (Read 2931 times)

gobucks145

• Go BUCKS!!!
Question
« on: December 18, 2005, 07:16:16 pm »
My hot tub has four intake suction drains on the bottom sides of it. Only 3 of them are taking water in. I talked to the manufacturer and he said that may be normal as if one may be blocked, the others will take water in. It just didn't sound right to me. I don't want to burn up a pump or a motor because the other 3 drains are trying to compensate for the one that is not taking in any water.
Proud to be a BUCKEYE!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Question
« on: December 18, 2005, 07:16:16 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 08:30:39 pm »
"My car makes a funny noise........ What is it?"

HEY! At least give us the brand and model of spa  ;D
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 09:01:53 pm »
My hot tub has four intake suction drains on the bottom sides of it. Only 3 of them are taking water in. I talked to the manufacturer and he said that may be normal as if one may be blocked, the others will take water in. It just didn't sound right to me. I don't want to burn up a pump or a motor because the other 3 drains are trying to compensate for the one that is not taking in any water.

You probably have a check valve on that particular suction fitting.  If the filter is clogged it will probably open the 5# check valve and allow water intake rather than burn the pump out.  It might help to give us some details.  Manufacturer, year etc.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2005, 09:02:28 pm by J._McD »

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 09:43:46 pm »
The way I see it, if it has four intakes then all four need to be suckin. If only three are suckin, that ain't normal. There has to be a reason for it and it needs to be fixed!

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 10:44:46 pm »
With four suctions, I would guess that you have 2 pumps, which would require 4 suctions, 2 per pump. So, you should have some suction coming from all four. Like Doc said, knowing the brand, could shed some light.

gobucks145

• Go BUCKS!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 07:17:22 pm »
Hydrospa   Z50     The hydro spa guy said that the 4th one in line will not use suction unless the others are blocked or clogged.
Proud to be a BUCKEYE!!!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 07:17:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42