What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: D1 Chairman II  (Read 4119 times)

skylark350

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
D1 Chairman II
« on: December 14, 2005, 10:50:01 pm »
Anyone own one of these or have an opinion.

I wet tested and if felt very comfortable.

I want to also check out the Jacuzzi. 385

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

D1 Chairman II
« on: December 14, 2005, 10:50:01 pm »

jdheffer

Re: D1 Chairman II
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 11:40:47 pm »
I wet tested both and liked the D1 Chairman II better.  It just fit us better than the 385, there is nothing wrong with the 385 if it fits you.  You will save yourself a lot of money also.

We also tested the new D1 Californian and liked it.  If you like D1 you should give it a try.

Good luck with your decision!

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 10:59:07 am »
We tested both also.  We liked the 385 better, but that probably had as much to do with the price difference and anything.

I didn't think the D1 was "all that" to warrant the high price tag...IMO.
2005 Marquis Epic

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 11:49:45 am »
Are the D1's comming with CD ozinator now, or do they still use the UV?

Last year while looking at DI's (Californain) They factpry rep at a the "Big Sale!" was telling me all about the UV ozinator....
07 Caldera Geneva

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 06:12:40 pm »
Are the D1's comming with CD ozinator now, or do they still use the UV?

I doubt it. First off, it is not a tradional UV ozonator with a replaceable bulb and ballist. They use one very similair to this one:
http://www.balboa-instruments.com/index4.html This type of unit does not have the same short comings that traditional UV units do. Infact, this unit will produce ozone for a longer period of time than a Del unit before a chip replacement is required.

I do beleive that when they were UL listed, UL found that the CD units generated too much ozone to maintain the listing, so D-1 used a unit that did not generate as much ozone.
Homeworks Financing Representative

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 06:24:22 pm »
Anyone own one of these or have an opinion.

Its a very nice tub. I never tried it, I did try the Chairman (no longer available) and the Lotus Bay and liked them both.

J._McD

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 07:27:03 pm »
I doubt it. First off, it is not a tradional UV ozonator with a replaceable bulb and ballist. They use one very similair to this one:
http://www.balboa-instruments.com/index4.html This type of unit does not have the same short comings that traditional UV units do. Infact, this unit will produce ozone for a longer period of time than a Del unit before a chip replacement is required.
 I do beleive that when they were UL listed, UL found that the CD units generated too much ozone to maintain the listing, so D-1 used a unit that did not generate as much ozone.

Ozone is Ozone, I don't care how you make it, whether it is with UV or CD it is still Ozone and it has a limited life cycle before replacement, both UV and CD.  

People on this board do realize when the ozone goes out water quality does change, so it does have value. D-1 seems to have a reliable water purification system based on the utilization of Ozone, why would they want to change it?

UV ozone, on one hand, you can see that it is working, on the other hand, CD ozone you will have to listen and then think it is working, which do you think the everyday consumer would understand better.

I can say this, that CD ozonators will cause some problems to occur with the elctronics because of it's "electrical" nature.  Personaly, I prefer UV ozonators, but the consumer wants the most "popular" according to the "newest" technology.  

It is your choice, but the D1 system seems to be a consistent winner even if it is UV.

skylark350

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 11:30:27 pm »
Thanks very much for the info.

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 12:28:25 pm »

UV ozone, on one hand, you can see that it is working, on the other hand, CD ozone you will have to listen and then think it is working, which do you think the everyday consumer would understand better.

I have the Del Eclipse Platinum, which is a CD ozonator and have been very pleased with it.  As far as being able to see it working, I wouldn't be able to see anything until I took my equipment housing door off, so while I'm in there, its just as easy to listen for the buzz. (IMO)

I went with the CD instead of the UV because the testing information I was given showed that CD ozonators generate 4 to 5X the ozone of UV units, use 70 to 90% less electricity than UV, and CD ozone elctrodes are supposed to outlast UV bulbs by 2 to 3 years on average.

All that information was provided by www.ozoneoutlet.com.  I'm certainly not an ozonator expert, so I can only make my decision on information available at the time.  It's worth a look anyway.

-Sarge
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

skylark350

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 11:14:03 am »
I got a price of $8950 for a 2005 Chairman II with cover, lcd light, stairs and start up chemicals. Included white ultra life shell, envirotect skirt and delivery.

Does this price seem fair?

I have been reading this forum for several months and get the sense that no one has anyMarquis etc.thing bad to say about D1 but they doen't seem to be as popular as Hot Springs, Sundance, Marquis etc.

As cappy said maybe its the price.

Thanks for your input.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 11:55:51 am »
That price is inline. Seems like a pretty good price considering the other stuff included.

One thing this tub does offer that the others you mentioned doesn't is the massage sequencer. If memory serves the price difference between a Chairman and Chairman 2 was around $1000 US. That got you the sequencer and an extra neck flex pillow. No other tub I have seen for sale in this part of the world has that feature. Have you tried it? That might help you decide if it is worth the extra $ compared to what you have looked at.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 11:55:51 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42