What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Models  (Read 4932 times)

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
New Models
« on: December 14, 2005, 07:54:34 pm »
So, when do all the fine spa dealers on this forum start getting their '06's?  I'm guessing some of you already have.  We usually don't start getting ours in until late February.  

I think we've got around 140 in stock right now to get us through then.  I've got a boat show and home show on consecutive weekends in Jan. and Feb. where I usually end up showcasing some of our less popular models. >:(

Just checked out the new product changes for our spas on the intranet.  Gonna be a good year I hope! :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

New Models
« on: December 14, 2005, 07:54:34 pm »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: New Models
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 10:33:10 pm »
What's new for the 06 HS line besides the stainless jets?  Spill the beans.  It should only help sales.....
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 09:32:26 am »
What's new for the 06 HS line besides the stainless jets?  Spill the beans.  It should only help sales.....

Ho Ho Ho, I'll bet you'd like to know!

Surely you must understand
A greater power stays my hand
I truly cannot spill the beans
Or shame to me and mine it means.

If I were to tell you what I know
The Watkins Hammer would strike a blow
And I am certain I would find
My new spa shipment lagging behind.

So please allow me this simple plea
To keep what I know on the QT
And I will make it up to you
With nekkid pictures of You Know Who!

Terminator  

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 10:56:55 am »
I know.  I was hoping to catch you after a few Shiner Bocks.  ;D

Surely you must understand
A greater power stays my hand
I truly cannot spill the beans
Or shame to me and mine it means.

If I were to tell you what I know
The Watkins Hammer would strike a blow
And I am certain I would find
My new spa shipment lagging behind.

So please allow me this simple plea
To keep what I know on the QT
And I will make it up to you
With nekkid pictures of You Know Who!

Terminator  

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 11:18:04 am »
I know.  I was hoping to catch you after a few Shiner Bocks.  ;D

Well, there's a better-than-average probability of that happening. ;D

Terminator

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 11:25:51 am »
Well, I'll do some limited 'bean spilling.'

This is not a big deal, but Watkins has launched an effort to find ways to lower costs without affecting the quality or features. I said "oh no" at first, but after reading the details, I think this is a great idea.

The first change they made in this program was a very simple one, which even high-tech detail-oriented customers will not notice, yet it will save a fortune: they have begun using the exact same jet faces in the Tiger River and HotSpring spas. Up untill the change, they had a certain jet face for one line and a very slightly different one for the other line. But they were interchangeable - there was really no good reason to have the two designs and it was costing more to do so.

Another improvement: the spin jets will now screw in instead of 'popping' in. This has been tested and proven to be a much better design. It also removes one piece of plastic, beefs up the bearing surface, and the great part is that it is backward compatible so you can put the new style of jet into your older tub.

They have some pretty good ideas down at the plant - stay tuned for more.

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Soakin

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 11:36:34 am »

Surely you must understand...Terminator
I would have never guessed you are a poet.  That was one of your best posts!

Cal

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 11:41:11 am »
I would have never guessed you are a poet.  That was one of your best posts!

Cal

Well, I don't know it if I am a poet, I just like to throw it out and see if you enjo' it!

Terminator

Soakin

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 11:43:32 am »
Well, I don't know it if I am a poet, I just like to throw it out and see if you enjo' it! Terminator

Upon further review...the call has been reversed. ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 11:43:52 am by Soakin »

J._McD

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 12:07:23 pm »
Well, I'll do some limited 'bean spilling.'

This is not a big deal, but Watkins has launched an effort to find ways to lower costs without affecting the quality or features. The first change they made in this program was a very simple one,.........yet it will save a fortune: they have begun using the exact same jet faces in the Tiger River and HotSpring spas.......

Another improvement: the spin jets will now screw in instead of 'popping' in. They have some pretty good ideas down at the plant - stay tuned for more.
 ;)

It is nice to see changes in products, but I find they are mostly motivated to curtail cost, fix nagging problems or appeal to consumer buying appeal by adding stereo's or stainless steele to the jet's.

Will they be adding any more power so all of the jets can be on at the same time?

Then again, in spite of reducing the manufacturing costs, I doubt that we will see any of the prices going down to the dealer or on the showroom floor.

It will be nice to hear about the upcoming changes that many of us have heard about, but term has 140 units of inventory to unload before the 06's come in and once the changes become known, some shoppers will want to wait for the new models.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 12:10:10 pm »

Hopefully Hotsprings/watkins will come out with a control panel that displays both "Set" and "Actuall" temp.  

I hear thier scienetest have been working on it for decades and are close to a break through.   ;)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 12:10:56 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 12:16:58 pm »
Will they be adding any more power so all of the jets can be on at the same time?

No need to.  Customers really seem to like them like they are.

It will be nice to hear about the upcoming changes that many of us have heard about, but term has 140 units of inventory to unload before the 06's come in and once the changes become known, some shoppers will want to wait for the new models.

Yep, customers do tend to want to know what's coming up next (I'm the same way).  If a customer wants to pre-order, we give them that option to buy an '06 at '05 pricing, if they pay in full and can wait a couple of months.  It sounds like a lot of dealers make their customers wait a couple of months for a new spa anyway.

On the other hand, all of the '05's will probably get discounted around March.  The customer can then save some money that way.

The customer just can't lose! ;D

Terminator

J._McD

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 12:56:02 pm »
No need to.  Customers really seem to like them like they are.

Yep, customers do tend to want to know what's coming up next (I'm the same way).  If a customer wants to pre-order, we give them that option to buy an '06 at '05 pricing, if they pay in full and can wait a couple of months.  It sounds like a lot of dealers make their customers wait a couple of months for a new spa anyway.

On the other hand, all of the '05's will probably get discounted around March.  The customer can then save some money that way.

The customer just can't lose! ;D

Terminator

I think that's great, and I for one, would like to see a tsunami wave of consumer consumption come along to gobble up the bargains that would produce envious neighbors, who have not yet gotten the Hot Water desire get interested in a Hot Tub.  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 12:58:16 pm by J._McD »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 12:58:42 pm »
I think that's great, and I for one, would like to see a tsunami wave of consumer consumption come along to gobble up the bargains and produce envious neighbors who have not yet gotten the Hot Water desire.

Me too, my friend.  I truly believe that the coming year is going to be a booming one for our industry.  I can't recall ever having such a strong finish to a year as this one and I hope it bodes well for for 2006.

Terminator

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 02:59:45 pm »
Does anyone know what type of Circ pump and amp draw HS is going to in '06 due to Cal. energy codes?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 02:59:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42