What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: LA Spa Heet  (Read 11755 times)

kmsells

LA Spa Heet
« on: December 04, 2005, 07:13:55 pm »
We are interested in getting some feedback from anyone who has the LA Spa Heet.  We have narrowed it down to LA spa and Cal Spa and any input on merits or problems with either would be helpful.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

LA Spa Heet
« on: December 04, 2005, 07:13:55 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: LA Spa Heet
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 07:32:59 pm »
I sold L.A Spas for several years in Phoenix and went through alot of problems such as having several hundred packs that had to be replaced due to a manufactures defect, I also went through a great deal of problems with cabinets warping in the sun (synthetic).  The new sock style filters are extremely high maintenance, in many cases they have to be washed every 2-3 days or they will clog. The spas performance is excellent in the HEET model. Just like any spa brand do some research on the dealer as there are some good and some not so good dealers.

I now sell Cal Spas in Denver and have not seen any of the service type issues in quality as I did with the L.A Spas dealer keep in mind that is because the dealer I work for is a well oiled machine when it comes to sales and service. As I stated earlier research your dealer.
also a wettest will tell you everything. Are you looking at a 63 jet Cal Spas with 3 therapy pumps those are the comparable models to the HEET! Good LUCK! 8)

Any chance of finding out what town you live in? I may know the dealers there? Also check back here for a fair price we know what these things go for.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 07:37:58 pm by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

kmsells

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 08:09:33 pm »
East Coast Spas in Gaithersburg MD
Looking at 12500 for Heet w/sequence on lounge, stereo and fiber optic lights.  What do you think?

rocket

• Life is good!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 08:59:12 pm »
too much!

klrcraig

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 10:07:44 pm »
I have the L.A. Spa HEET,4 months now and so far so good. I washed the filter's after the 1'st week and every 3 week's since.  8)

good luck with shoping......Craig

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 11:14:18 pm »
I sold L.A Spas for several years in Phoenix and went through alot of problems such as having several hundred packs that had to be replaced due to a manufactures defect, I also went through a great deal of problems with cabinets warping in the sun (synthetic).  The new sock style filters are extremely high maintenance, in many cases they have to be washed every 2-3 days or they will clog. The spas performance is excellent in the HEET model. Just like any spa brand do some research on the dealer as there are some good and some not so good dealers.

I now sell Cal Spas in Denver and have not seen any of the service type issues in quality as I did with the L.A Spas dealer keep in mind that is because the dealer I work for is a well oiled machine when it comes to sales and service. As I stated earlier research your dealer.
also a wettest will tell you everything. Are you looking at a 63 jet Cal Spas with 3 therapy pumps those are the comparable models to the HEET! Good LUCK! 8)

Any chance of finding out what town you live in? I may know the dealers there? Also check back here for a fair price we know what these things go for.

To be fare,
*you are describing problems that occurred when LA was owned by the previous owner.  So far this yr LA is running at a 4% failure rate.  So for every 100 that go out the door, 4 report problems.  I would put that up against ANYONE.  

*The cabinets are now being made by the same supplier as HS & SD.  

*The "micron filter bag" actually performs very well.  The only problems it has is when it gets washed with too much bleach or when chemicals are dumped directly into it.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 11:36:09 am by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

leaky

• Don't ask about the nickname...
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 09:23:40 am »
Spaman,

Do you work out of the store that is right next to the freeway, close to an amusement park and the stadiums?  I recall driving by a colorful CalSpa store when we were there last summer.....

spaman--

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 09:27:52 am »
East Coast Spas in Gaithersburg MD
Looking at 12500 for Heet w/sequence on lounge, stereo and fiber optic lights. šWhat do you think?

Way too much and you may want to piece price it as the sequencer is alot of money for the function, and the stereo and fiber optics are expensive too. The HEET without these items should price ALOT less. Let me check last years price book. I will get back to you.

And have you wettested this spa with the sequencer?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 09:29:59 am by spaman_dot_com »
-SpaMan~

spaman--

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 09:29:11 am »
Spaman,

Do you work out of the store that is right next to the freeway, close to an amusement park and the stadiums? šI recall driving by a colorful CalSpa store when we were there last summer.....

Yes We are a next to Invesco field where the Broncos play. (no comments on yesterdays game please) ;D
-SpaMan~

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 10:11:44 am »
Weve had our Heet for a couple of months now.  No complaints.  We love it.  Good luck in your research.

spaman--

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 10:15:06 am »
Weve had our Heet for a couple of months now. šNo complaints. šWe love it. šGood luck in your research.

OKC please share what you paid for the HEET model and whatever options are on it.
-SpaMan~

kmsells

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 12:04:49 pm »
We wet tested with the sequencer and love it!! the spa without all gadgets was about 9380 -- sequencer 990, stereo 990, two waterfalls 275 and the rest is fiber optics.  This is the 2006 model with 61 jets and three pumps.... What's the mark up on these tubs?  thanks for your input. ::)  I think we could get $650 off to bring it to 12500 but that was his bottom line....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 12:08:55 pm by kmsells »

OKC

• We love LA
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 05:25:59 pm »
We spent right around $6,500.  that included steps,cover and cover lifter and all of the chemicals to get us started.  They started us on the Rain Forest Blue.  The jury is still out on this as a sanatizer.  Ive been fighting cloudy water for a couple of days.  We opted for the 32 jet model with a couple of water falls.  

OKC

klrcraig

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 10:21:41 pm »
I paid $6500.00 also with more jet's but no water- fall's and steps and cover included.I got mine from the factory in Anaheim Ca.
Craig

bhawes

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 08:21:55 pm »
I'm thinking about the LA HEET over the CAl Spa Atlantic I live in OKC and I'm having a hard time deciding between the LA HEET model with 61 jets, 113 ports and 3 5 Hp pumps or the 54 jets with 80 ports and 2 5 Hp pumps with a blower. The price difference is only 900.

The 61 jets  is 8300 includes steps, cover,cover lifter and startup kit .

54 jets is 7400.  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 08:24:46 pm by bhawes »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 08:21:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42