What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Seking help/guidance from Jacuzzi dealers  (Read 3931 times)

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
Seking help/guidance from Jacuzzi dealers
« on: November 29, 2005, 08:58:50 pm »
I have had a Jacuzzi J-370 for about 3 years now.  Over that time it has been a pretty good unit.  However, about 3 months ago one of the handles to one of the diverter broke. They re plastic so it's not really surprising.  Way back then I asked my dealer to replace this piece under warranty but they still haven't found out if they can even get the piece (apparently they think they may have to order an ENTIRE diverter valve).   This does NOT sound realistic. This "handle" is little more than a 6 inch piece of plastic that detaches naturally by simply lifting it off the unit.   I feel my dealers response odd and would like to ask the Jacuzzi dealers on here if this is an unrealistic request?  Also, if I did want to simply buy a few extra, how much would they be?
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

Hot Tub Forum

Seking help/guidance from Jacuzzi dealers
« on: November 29, 2005, 08:58:50 pm »

jdheffer

Re: Seking help/guidance from Jacuzzi dealers
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 10:05:05 pm »
I'm not a dealer, but my neighbor just bought a Jucuzzi J-365 this summer and their handle broke in the first two weeks.  It really didn't break, it stripped out when they tried turning it.  I'm pretty sure since it was stripped, the local dealer had to put in a new valve assembly.

When we were looking at Jucuzzi I mentioned this to them and they said that this is unfortunately a common problem with their tubs.  At least they were honest about it.

If your handle is just broke and the assembly is okay, I don't understand why they can't just get a new handle.

Good luck!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 11:47:49 pm »
It's certainly a replaceable part. Sounds like your dealer is stalling for some reason. Ask once more then go direct to Jacuzzi. Tell them you want it sent first overnight!

Steve

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 10:49:47 am »
It wouldn't be replaced under warranty.  The diverter only has a 1 year warranty.  If it is just the handle and not the inner guts, go to the store and pick one up because there is no reason to make them come to your house.

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 10:59:38 am »
I have a J335 and had service come out three times to fix the switches that switch on the air feature, or whatever you call it, that makes the jets pump stronger.  It seems they get hung up and need a simple adjustment that I will try to observe this time.

I wonder if the switches on jacuzzi might need some reevaluation from the manufacturer?

twok99

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 11:28:21 am »
You can get a new one for a few dollars from JW Service at 800-541-9405.

ndabunka

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 04:29:31 pm »
It wouldn't be replaced under warranty.  The diverter only has a 1 year warranty.  If it is just the handle and not the inner guts, go to the store and pick one up because there is no reason to make them come to your house.

Been to the store/dealer about 4 times (3 times about this). Each time it's the same story.... "We don't stock those, we will need to call Jacuzzi".  Each time I return..."Oh, that's right. You wanted a handle... I don't know if it can be ordered without the diverter but I will call".  Another coule of weeks and I stop by..." Oh, we haven't checked with Jacuzzi yet..."  They are interested in selling the big $'s items but don't seem so interested in supporting what's out there.   BTW - I am still thinking about getting into the business with a store of my own after experiencing this type of treatment again.

ndabunka

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 04:31:00 pm »
I have a J335 and had service come out three times to fix the switches that switch on the air feature, or whatever you call it, that makes the jets pump stronger.  It seems they get hung up and need a simple adjustment that I will try to observe this time.

I wonder if the switches on jacuzzi might need some reevaluation from the manufacturer?

Those switches get better with time.  The first month I had mine, two of the switches were "difficult" but they've been fine for the past two years now.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 04:35:37 pm »
Sounds like the dealer is not that interested in ordering just the handle from JacuzziPremium.  The dealer most likely stocks the whole diverter valve which they probably sell for $25.00 and don't want to deal with a $2.00 handle.

ndabunka

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 04:35:44 pm »
You can get a new one for a few dollars from JW Service at 800-541-9405.

! PERFECT  - I called and they are on the way. $4.99 each but they do have a $10 minimum. I ordered 4 - two to replace the broken ones I've got  and two extra (for the future)

THANKS FOR THE HELP!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 04:45:32 pm by ndabunka »

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 10:55:50 am »
I have a J-350 and have needed a few SMALL Jacuzzi items and had to wait a month for the local dealer to get them.  But they DID finally get them.

I like the Jacuzzi, but in all my pre-purchase research, I was surprised that they actually have a inferior warranty on their tubs.  It's basically only one year on just about everything on the tub with a very few exceptions.  But, after three years now,   have not really needed anything major.   We're still happy with the Jacuzzi.  Artesian was our first choice, but WAY more money than the Jacuzzi.

Tim
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 10:56:59 am by pratzert »

ndabunka

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 09:07:07 pm »
1-year warranty? What you talkN bout Willis?  10 on structure, 7 on shell & 5 years on all controls and electrical as well as all plumbing on all Jacuzzi Premium (350 is Premium) products.  BTW - Still havent seen the levels I ordered from the service company. Will be calling them in the morning to figure out what is going on.

Chris_H

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 10:07:28 am »
1-year warranty? What you talkN bout Willis?  10 on structure, 7 on shell & 5 years on all controls and electrical as well as all plumbing on all Jacuzzi Premium (350 is Premium) products.  BTW - Still havent seen the levels I ordered from the service company. Will be calling them in the morning to figure out what is going on.

This information is coming from the 2005 warranty and I am pretty sure it hasn’t changed for a while.  

The Jacuzzi 300 series warranty is and I quote:  “5 years equipment and controls – Jacuzzi Premium spas’ electrical components – specifically the pumps, heater, air blower, and control system – are warranted against malfunctions due to defects in workmanship or materials for five years from the original date of purchase.”

Note how diverters were never specifically mentioned in this area of the warranty.  The control system is not the diverter it is the silver box inside your cabinet and the thing you hit to turn on your jets.

The warranty goes on to say and I quote: “The light lenses, fuses, headrests, cabinet finish, and filter are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship and materials at the time of delivery.”

Note how diverter was never mentioned in this area of the warranty so you have a least more warranty then at the time of delivery.

The warranty then ends with this comment and I quote:  “All other factory-installed components not mentioned specifically are warranted against malfunctions due to defects in workmanship and materials for one year from the original date of purchase.”

This is where the diverters, jets, and waterfall are included because they were not ‘specifically’ mentioned anywhere else in the warranty.  I am just being technical and some dealers may honor a five-year warranty on that component, but Jacuzzi will not reimburse the dealer.  The dealer would be eating the cost of that component.  I find it to be very clear the diverters are not warranted for 5 years.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 10:11:47 am by Chris_H »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 10:07:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42