What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ahhhh.....-1 soak  (Read 4378 times)

drprwnap

Ahhhh.....-1 soak
« on: December 08, 2005, 08:45:39 am »
Wow, got up this morning and the temp was -1*.  Jumped in the Epic and had a FANTASTIC soak.  There's something to be said for being outside in 103* water with temps that cold!  ;D
Lovin' Spatopia in my Epic!

Hot Tub Forum

Ahhhh.....-1 soak
« on: December 08, 2005, 08:45:39 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Ahhhh.....-1 soak
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 08:50:27 am »
Just wondering..how long can you stay in the tub at 103?  We are at 101 and it feels great. I know my husband would love to have it warmer but I think it would be too warm for me.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 08:56:39 am »
It's pretty cool when your hair freezes.
It is remarkable how just a degree or two make a difference in how long you can stay in the water.  
At 100 we can stay in for 1.5+ hours, but at 104, I need to get out in about 20 or 30 minutes.
You wouldn't think you'd be that sensitive to such a small change in temperature.

Brewman

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 09:01:05 am »
How about the kids? I don't want to make it too hot for them. They are teenagers but the youngest is only about 70 lbs!  
Support your dealer so they can support you!

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 09:05:14 am »
We keep our tub at 103.  Pretty hot for the kids (8 and 10), but we keep an eye on the time.  They tend to be in and out anyway, rolling in the snow if there is any!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 09:25:35 am »
At zero degrees, if you get too hot, just stand up for a couple minutes- and definately roll in snow if there is any.  You won't be overheated for very long!
Brewman

cappykat

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2005, 10:01:51 am »
You guys talk about rolling in the snow.  I've read that several times in posts...ARE YOU SERIOUS??  Going from a hot tub to FREEZING COLD SNOW...isn't that kind of shocking the body?

I think I'd have to have a few brewskies to do that one!
2005 Marquis Epic

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 10:10:49 am »
It's pretty cool when your hair freezes.

I'll bet it is........... :(

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 10:24:16 am »
Wow, got up this morning and the temp was -1*.  Jumped in the Epic and had a FANTASTIC soak.  There's something to be said for being outside in 103* water with temps that cold!  ;D

Ok. we are talking the real -1 not that celcius crap right?  Last night was our coldest soak of the season at 12F.  No wind, so we were in 104 water for 30 minutes with only having to sit on the edge once.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Anoroc

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2005, 10:32:15 am »
Last few days in Iowa the temp has averaged well below 0.  On tuesday it was -17 below without even considering the wind chill.

We even made the national news for breaking a 20 year record.

And you know, I have been in the tub every night this week.  The cold doesn't really bother me.  The only problem I had was on Tuesday when my duaghter kept splashing and getting my face wet.  That felt cold.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2005, 10:57:58 am »
Last few days in Iowa the temp has averaged well below 0.  On tuesday it was -17 below without even considering the wind chill.

We even made the national news for breaking a 20 year record.

And you know, I have been in the tub every night this week.  The cold doesn't really bother me.  The only problem I had was on Tuesday when my duaghter kept splashing and getting my face wet.  That felt cold.

Where at in Iowa?  My mom's family hails from Pershing/Knovxville.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2005, 11:05:37 am »
You guys talk about rolling in the snow.  I've read that several times in posts...ARE YOU SERIOUS??  Going from a hot tub to FREEZING COLD SNOW...isn't that kind of shocking the body?

I think I'd have to have a few brewskies to do that one!

Sure were serious.  Ever tried it?  It's a very interesting experience.  We northerners are pretty hardy- have to be to stand the winters.  All sorts of things like this going on- Waterskiing in freezing temperatures, swimming in frozen lakes thru a hole cut in the ice, plunging from a sauna into snow or cold water.  

I eqate it to hitting yourself with a hammer on purpose- it feels really good when you stop.

Brewman

Anoroc

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 11:15:41 am »

Where at in Iowa?  My mom's family hails from Pershing/Knovxville.

I live in Cedar Rapids.  I believe Knoxville is about 2 hours south west of Cedar Rapids.  

cappykat

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2005, 11:44:25 am »
I eqate it to hitting yourself with a hammer on purpose- it feels really good when you stop.

Ya'll are NUTS!!   ;D ;)
2005 Marquis Epic

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 06:21:03 pm »
it was neg 10 here last night. real temp f, not wind chil. i got out an d walked around for about half a minute and my feet hurt like hell when i got back in. i had to hold my feet up out of the water for a minute.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 06:21:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42