What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: im looking  (Read 3539 times)

dswslp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
im looking
« on: December 08, 2005, 09:22:03 pm »
Ive looked at artesian, D1, Cal spa, gulf coast, royal and now hot spring.  I'm beginning to realize that even among the best spas you can't have it all.  However artesian come the closest in my opinion.  That said I wish it had the moto-message of HS, neck & shoulder jets of Cal Spa, and the adjustable head rests of D1.  I know alot of you guys and gals on this forum are HS fans and they are great spas but why not give people more of what they want  like adequate foot jets for all seats.  The moto-message was exceptional but control seemed all or none to me.  Additionally, the grande needed just a tad bit more power and the jet adjusters were cumbersome having to go from one side of the spa to the other for adjustments.  With all their experience I was mildly disappointed.  The piper glen wins by a nose.  

Hot Tub Forum

im looking
« on: December 08, 2005, 09:22:03 pm »

J._McD

Re: im looking
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 09:55:33 pm »
Focus on Artesian, D-1 and HS, they are all good investments.  The best one for you simply put is the ONE that YOU choose.  They all have the same hot water.

That being said, HS could be said to be the best choice because they are presumably top dawg, but D-1 originates from one of the largest HS dealers back in the late 70's who left HS to create D-1 because they were not completely satisfied with what HS was or the direction of HS at the time, and choose to go in the direction they they felt was better for their consumer.  Both are absolutely top notch spas and I would say they are in the top 5 of all spa manufacturers

Artesian is a formidable competitor and ranks high, probably with in the top 10 of 140 with an awful lot to offer.  On one had you can build it up, or you can build it down to fit your needs and your pocket book.  The Piper Glen you mention is absolutely awesome and has an awful lot to offer that they eye can see.  There are a few Piper Glen owners the frequent this board, as there are owners of all of the spas you mentioned.

It is all about what YOU want and you can't make a bad choice amongst the three.  The other two I didn't mention simply narrows your choices.  They have their staunch advocates and I am sure they can point out some of their strong characteristics, but you gotta narrow it down.

What is your point of view on these three or five spas.  I am sure others will join in to point things out that you either overlooked or didn't notice.

Have fun shopping, once you are able to make that decision, your gonna luv what ever you chose.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 10:06:17 pm »
Dswslp,
I'm glad you enjoyed the Piper Glen. This is why wet testing is so important, otherwise how would you know which spa is right for you. Besides, everyone has different reasons for buying a spa or diiferent therapy needs. You are right, if you could pull all of the great features from every manufacturer, you would have the ultimate spa. The 2006 Piper Glen will sport a new Control System and a very high tech topside control panel. Also, the control valves, air and water controls have a new look too. The  '06 models with the new electronic controls go into production January 2nd.
Enjoy the hot water. Dave.

dswslp

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 10:20:34 pm »
njdave,  being a dealer would you advise me to wait for 06.  Are these changes to the controls mostly cosmetic or will there be significant changes in function and design? thanks for your opinion dswslp

NJDave

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 10:37:13 pm »
The 2005 control system was flawless and one of the most reliable control systems, I have ever been exposed to. So, if you buy now, you are getting a great spa. There are no significant changes to the acrylic shell, pumps or jets. They all stay the same. I just got back from 3 days at the Arteisan Plant in Las Vegas. So, I did get to see everything up close and work on the new equipment.The changes are only in the electronics and the air and water control knobs. The new controls for 2006, are really neat. There are multiple screens, that can flip to offer more options and functions. The new control even operates the Stereo and CD player. The stereo is new for 2006, as it manufactured by the same company that makes the electronic controls. With the new controls comes a new heater also, with no flow or pressure switches. With the new models going into production in just 3 weeks, in most cases I would say wait. But, like most manufacturers, Artesian will have a price increase take effect January 1st. Dave.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 12:14:42 am »
njdave,  being a dealer would you advise me to wait for 06.  Are these changes to the controls mostly cosmetic or will there be significant changes in function and design? thanks for your opinion dswslp

A new '06 is only a few weeks newer than an '05 (unless the '05 is a floor model and you could always ask about that too) so it's not like the '06 spa will be 1 yr younger. Maybe the '06 will have some changes but it also is bound to be more expensive. You'll find proponents of all the spas you're looking at but as McD stated, D1, Hot Springs and Artesina are all good choices and in the end all would do you well but you'll ahve to decide which is best for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 05:26:35 am »
Ive looked at artesian, D1, Cal spa, gulf coast, royal and now hot spring.  However artesian come the closest in my opinion.  That said I wish it had the moto-message of HS, neck & shoulder jets of Cal Spa, and the adjustable head rests of D1.  I know alot of you guys and gals on this forum are HS fans and they are great spas but why not give people more of what they want  like adequate foot jets for all seats.  

I am not a Hot Spring fan, and I say you are going about this exactly right. Find the spa that fits best for you and the dealer you have the most confidence in and you will be happy with the choice as it will be the right one for you. No one can tell you which tub is right for you.

I feel bad about hanging around here as that is 2 people now in the last few days that said this board was controled by Hot Springs. Where does this come from? Maybe I will get banned because I don't like Hot Springs.
Retired

jcmsrv

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 06:56:18 am »
As an owner of a Piper Glen, I can tell you it's a great tub. I have had mine since may of this year. I use it every night that I can. I have no truble at all and water care has been very easy. We had people over, one hot party and three of my friends are looking into buying piper glens also.

NJDAVE, Where is the factory in las Vegas?? Do they have showroom there? Tours?? We own timeshare there and make 1 to 2 trips a year. I like to see one being made.

thanks
john

NJDave

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 08:14:26 am »
John,
About a month ago, Artesian officially moved into it's new Headquarters and Factory, in North Las Vegas, about 15 minutes from the strip. They do have a full display of spas, in the front showroom entrance. The new facility is beautiful and will really allow them to grow and meet the demands of their growth and increased sales. Let me know, when you make your trip to Vegas, so we cantact them in advance. Their address is 4720 North Lamb Blvd., Las Vegas, Nevada 89115.

NJDave

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 08:18:31 am »
Wow! Sorry, about the huge photo gang. I will have to work on making them smaller next time. Dave.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 11:16:49 am »
It looks like someone dropped a nickel next to that van.

I think it's a 1998 minted in Denver but I'd need a closer shot to be sure.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2005, 11:16:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42