What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What happened to Chas?  (Read 3961 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
What happened to Chas?
« on: December 01, 2005, 01:45:20 am »
I really miss his posts.  Where are you Chas? :-[
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

What happened to Chas?
« on: December 01, 2005, 01:45:20 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: What happened to Chas?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 07:56:06 am »
His visits have slowed down, but he is still a regular.  A busy guy I would imagine.  Perhaps we could start a rumor that he is busy because he is in training to be the new CA rep for Cavein Spas.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 09:01:41 am »
His visits have slowed down, but he is still a regular.  A busy guy I would imagine.  Perhaps we could start a rumor that he is busy because he is in training to be the new CA rep for Cavein Spas.

Umm. That's not too far off the mark Will. Not far at all.  Chas'  cousin is my co-workers brother in law.

There will be a formal announcement by the end of the year, but I have been told I can "tease" or "shock you" with the following tidbit:

Chas has been negoting with a  certain Mr. E of Tenn to gut and re-vamp the  distribution of the infamous tub. They truley want to take it national.

I kid you not.

MR E and Chas realize that JA is not long for the business and has done quite a bit of damage. He can't be associated with the product anymore.  Mr. E. and Chas are re-naming the tub and business. They  are planning on getting JA out of the public eye and marketing the unit through Rec Ware house who will build and service the product line.

They stand to make quite a bit of money from this venture.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 09:03:17 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:31:47 am »
I've been wondering the same thing...where Chas has been. When I first joined the forum he was on it all the time.  His contributions were much appreciated.

Gomboman...that is one cute picture--the baby is ADORABLE!!

Chas, if Drewstar isn't blowing smoke...the best to you in your new venture!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 10:32:02 am by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 08:47:28 pm »
Cappy-

I assure you Drew is in fact doing a very funny and eloquant job of blowing smoke.... and I am very warmly touched that Goboman and others would ask about me! I have also gotten a few emails. One of my employees saw the post and alerted me this afternoon.

I should be undergoing psycotherapy for trying to expand my business into two markets at the same time, during a slow year, while still settling my folks into the best part of the house, while my wife tries to keep working on her Doctorate (she may stop at Masters), while one of my kids went a little nuts but is back on the path again, at the same exact time that I had several speaking engagements and other significant time absorbers crop up. An uncle died, another one has been diagnosed with advanced cancer, we're trying to get all the carpets cleaned and tile resealed - have any of you been right in the middle of moving everything you own when you suddenly pause to reflect on our materialistic society in which we often love things and use people?

Other than that, it's been a little dull.

Thanks again for asking, and thanks for the kind words. I have stopped by now and then and I have seen several others doing a fine job of helping people out. I thank those of you who do this: owners, dealers and shoppers alike - keep it up, you are doing a wonderful job.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and may you all have the most blessed of Christmas. May your loved ones be close, and your close ones be loved.

Chas
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 08:48:55 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 08:47:03 am »
So you're not going into business with Flim Flam mans son in law? Huh.   I guess my co-workers cousin's brother in law is just a damn liar.  ;)

Glad to know you are still around Chas.
07 Caldera Geneva

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 12:13:49 pm »
That was a good one drewstar.  I had to read it twice and then I laughed pretty hard.

Chas, how's the Caldera business going so far? We could have used you on the Envoy/Geneva thread.

So you're not going into business with Flim Flam mans son in law? Huh.   I guess my co-workers cousin's brother in law is just a damn liar.  ;)

Glad to know you are still around Chas.

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 12:18:43 pm »
That is a cute baby Gomboman.  How much do you want for it?  I can get top dollar down in Mexico.  PM me.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 01:52:00 pm »
Sorry Terminator.  She's the only one in the family that hates mexican food.  

cappykat

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 02:41:25 pm »
Chas...yes, I do know what you mean about everything in your house.  Our house has been "torn up" since we got our hot-tub end of Sept.  It's so hard to get contractors to show up much less get the work done correctly.  We finally found a plasterer only to have him and his crew show up to work at 4:30pm.  They stayed until 7:30pm.  Then last night we went out and came home to find out they showed up again at that hour.

I'm sick with allergies from all the dust and dirt, so I can sympathize with what you're going through.

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle and all you've been through.  I agree with your remark about our materialistic society.  I tease around with the best of them on this board, it's all in good fun, but when it comes down to it-- my faith and my family is what matters most!

Merry Christmas!
2005 Marquis Epic

autoplay

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2005, 07:41:23 am »
Cappycat....if it makes ya feel any better,I'm slammed with work presently. I'm bouncing between 3 jobs,and working till dark-thirty 7 days a week.  The crews you have hired are probably good crews,and in so,you're waiting for availabilty.

Nice to see ya back Chas,as Drew said,I was starting to wonder if you were running a CaVeN franchise/grin.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 07:32:21 pm »
I figured you were busy, Chas!  He doesn't stay quiet that long!   ;)

I am sending you and your wonderful family and staff a very Merry Christmas, and a prosperous New Year!  

I just love the fact that you are as optimistic as I am!   ;D  Good idea to have your staff check the board, at least we know if we mention your name, you will know!!!

:-*  You are still my favorite California HotSpring dealer!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 07:36:26 pm »
Thank you!

;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 07:36:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42