What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Themospa doesn't give up easily  (Read 4327 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Themospa doesn't give up easily
« on: December 06, 2005, 01:40:53 pm »
I was thinking recently that after the first of the year, my hot tub will be 3 years old.  I am fairly sure I called Thermospa at least a year before I ended up buying my hot tub, so that puts it around 4 years ago that I called and had the VHS tape sent to me.   Yesterday my phone rang and I saw CLASSIC SPAS with a 412 area code. I went ahead and answered and lady asked me if I was still interested in a spa.   I told her I have had one for more than 2 years now and that was the end of the conversation.

I've been a big fan of the DO NOT CALL list so far, and probably legally they can call me because we had a previous business relationship.  I'll have to check on the list's site to see how long that relationship legally lasts.

That said, the lady was pleasant and I've not had any bad relationships with the company, but I was suprised they kept a contact sheet for almost 4 years.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Themospa doesn't give up easily
« on: December 06, 2005, 01:40:53 pm »

Anoroc

Re: Themospa doesn't give up easily
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 01:48:59 pm »
I asked for some of there information as well about 12 months ago.  The followed up with me but when I told the lady to do a google search for herself and see what people had to say about their tubs she decided to end the conversation.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 01:51:13 pm »
I did check out the DONOTCALL website and found this.

What about an established business relationship?

A telemarketer or seller may call a consumer with whom it has an established business relationship for up to 18 months after the consumer's last purchase, delivery, or payment - even if the consumer's number is on the National Do Not Call Registry

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2005, 01:55:08 pm »
 I was in a boiler room operation calling for sales on adjustable beds when I was in high school, long before the days of the do not call lists.
Our supervisors refused to believe that any lead was ever dead, even if we'd called them for months, and were told no every time.  
I lasted in that job a very short time.  I did get an interesting peek into the life of door to door sales associates- whata way to make a living.  
Very much like that movie Glengary Glenross.
Brewman

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 02:00:53 pm »
Thermospas must be going through some sort of list at this time of year.  They called me last week also and my last contact would have been over a year ago. Since she didn't go into a big sales pitch, I didn't mind the call.
I hate the calls associated with software sales. Watch when you register software, they often get you to unknowingly agree to get offers if you rush through the registration.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 03:46:08 pm »
I had Thermospa come out in the spring when we were planning our project.  The spas seemed nice enough but their prices put them right out of consideration.

The salesman never asked me what I wanted and was so intent on "selling" me that I felt like I was buying a used car.

About a week after the visit, the area manager called me out of the blue wanting to know about my experience in general and about the salesman in particular.

I told him about it and that I wasn't interested in Thermospa because of the prices.  He actually told me about this forum as a way to learn how much better their spas are than all the others.  Ironically, there is very little chatter about them here and I learned that there are several spas at least as good as Thermospa and all are less expensive.

Can't imagine them staying in business unless they join the crowd.

I am in the 412 area code so we probably had the same office calling us.  Haven't heard from them again.
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 04:12:10 pm »
I had Thermospa come out in the spring when we were planning our project.  The spas seemed nice enough but their prices put them right out of consideration.

The salesman never asked me what I wanted and was so intent on "selling" me that I felt like I was buying a used car.

About a week after the visit, the area manager called me out of the blue wanting to know about my experience in general and about the salesman in particular.

I told him about it and that I wasn't interested in Thermospa because of the prices.  He actually told me about this forum as a way to learn how much better their spas are than all the others.  Ironically, there is very little chatter about them here and I learned that there are several spas at least as good as Thermospa and all are less expensive.

Can't imagine them staying in business unless they join the crowd.

I am in the 412 area code so we probably had the same office calling us.  Haven't heard from them again.

The first price Thermospa throws out is the sucker price.  Surprised that you didn't get a follow-up call offering the spa for thousands less, due to a sudden sale.
Funny that the manager sent you here to learn how great Thermospas are.  
As you pointed out, there isn't much, and what there is probably won't convince anyone to give them a try.  
Brewman

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 04:22:30 pm »
The guy did offer a lesser model for $1500 less "from an order that was just cancelled and was available to me for short time only because he liked me".  Even at the discount it was $6000 more than the the J-385.

Not only are these guys acting like shifty used car salesmen, but they are nuts too.  :o
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 04:47:32 pm »
......and yet they are the most sucessfull internet spa company in existance. Even with all the bad comments from angry customers on the internet.

Just goes to show how much of a internet society we have become.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 05:10:59 pm »
......and yet they are the most sucessfull internet spa company in existance. Even with all the bad comments from angry customers on the internet.

I have to agree .....And a nice looking picture can be so misleading  .....I have not been happy with the purchases that I have made on line unless it was for a product that I already knew and was just duplicating ....I bought a poker table and chairs on line it looked great but what a piece of junk it actually was and there is very little recourse .....

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 07:56:09 am »
That is certainly a risk with buying merchandise without being able to actually see it.  
Thermospa gets customers in their own homes, and does a high pressure sales pitch to get customers to purchase on the spot.  This approach, IMHO, gets people who haven't compared different brands of spas, and who don't know the prices very well.  It is amazing how much we will pay for something pitched to us in our homes, vs what we'd pay for the same thing in a store.    
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 01:55:41 pm »

We can't forget they have a huge TV advertising budget.  I would have to think that is where most of their product association comes from.  Those ads really concentrate on the frills and they have that fake doctor pretending that circleing x-rays means your hot tub will make you feel better.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 03:57:30 pm »
Those ads really concentrate on the frills and they have that fake doctor pretending that circleing x-rays means your hot tub will make you feel better.

.....as opposed to the fake ads by many of the other manufactures showing the loving happy wife with a perfect body gazing at her husband with love because hes in the spa with her and the perfect kids playing in the spa with each other not driving each other or their parents crazy! The spa does all of this.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 04:31:04 pm »

.....showing the loving happy wife gazing at her husband with love because he's in the spa with her and the perfect kids playing in the spa with each other not driving each other or their parents crazy! The spa does all of this.

Ours spa must be defective then!  And to think I had service over here just a few days ago.
Brewman

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 04:31:58 pm »
Good one, Stuart!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 04:31:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42