What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Positive Service Experience  (Read 5628 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Positive Service Experience
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 04:35:14 pm »
I'm not too worried just yet.  I still have plenty of warranty left, and I still think the failure of this pump was a fluke.  And it did look relatively easy to replace.  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 04:35:14 pm »

Anoroc

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2005, 11:32:15 pm »
Just the opposite for me.  My new jetsetter wasn't working when delivered and it took a few days to get if fixed.  It turned out to be nothing.  But in addition to that the faceplate that holds the display and control is damaged.  

I have been waiting three weeks for it to be replaced.  On monday service told me it would be done by the end of the week.  I called today(friday) and they told me the part had been ordered but not delivered yet so I will have to wait till next week.

I expressed my disappointment in the service, not being kept in the loop and my doubts that they even ordered the part until this week.

So much for my local dealer service.  I know my part is probably minor compared to other repairs they are working on but at the very least all I expect is some customer friendly service.  Just be upfront... :-/

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2005, 08:52:37 am »
I'm not too worried just yet.  I still have plenty of warranty left, and I still think the failure of this pump was a fluke.  And it did look relatively easy to replace.  

I agree.  I would expect the normal life to be a bit longer so I think we are making the same point.  Now I've had a control board changed.  I wouldn't want to be paying for too many of those, though the only thing wrong with it was a stuck relay.  Amazing...you get a new $850 board because of a part that probably costs less than $20.  I understand the reasons why and I am certainly not compaining.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2005, 03:07:10 pm »
As long as I get a repair person out when I need them, which happened, I'll not complain.  It's a little scary the first time your heater poops out in the winter.  But then again, I can be a real worry wart at times.  

It amazes me too, that an $850 board must be replaced entirely when a $20 component is all that's wrong.  Like you said, that's the way it is.

Parts for stuff cab be amazingly expensive.  I had a blender once that needed a new set of blades.  The simple blade set cost more than a brand new blender of similar quality.  

Brewman

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2005, 09:36:59 pm »
What you really mean is, you purchased a really good spa, from a really good dealer, got really good service and now have a really good smile on your face knowing you made a really good decision. I've been out in the cold all day, guess the weather has done a really good job of freezing my brain. Dave.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 11:30:36 pm »
Two and a half years for a circ pump seems very short.  They do look extremely easy to replace though.  Cost you about $160.00 for a new one.

Would love to know where you can get one for that price.  I can't get that price wholesale!

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 04:11:23 pm »

Would love to know where you can get one for that price.  I can't get that price wholesale!

www.shepnell.com.  Sundance part no. 6500-035 $157.50.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 04:12:10 pm by tony »

rottweiler

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 10:58:51 pm »
I know it is scary to say but I have had great service from my dealer too and it is also a sundance store (in st louis).  I sure hope this good freiendly service catches on in all industries because sometimes it is like pulling teeth to get someone to the house.  I bought a washer recently and they stalled, made excuses and finally showed up.  I had to keep poking them with a stick to get a simple thing done.  Amazing!  

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2005, 07:48:00 am »
Hey Tony-

Where would I find the price list for that parts catalog on Shepnell's web site?  I found the catalog, but didnt' see any prices.

TIA

Brewman

Anoroc

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 11:04:16 am »
Hey Rottweiler- if you read my post a few places up.  I purchased my tub on November 9th.  Today is December 7th and they still have not showed up to replace the broken item.

I just don't think their is enough competition in my fair city.

So sad :'(

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 03:08:44 pm »
Where would I find the price list for that parts catalog on Shepnell's web site?  I found the catalog, but didnt' see any prices.

TIA

If you get to the Sundance Spa Parts page (same as the one to get to the catalog), there should be a "table of contents" at the bottom.  They only list prices for three or four catagories on line.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 03:08:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42