What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Positive Service Experience  (Read 5627 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Positive Service Experience
« on: December 01, 2005, 05:26:00 pm »
 This morning my spa greeted me with a FLO error.  
I called service, and the tech arrived a few hours later.
He got delayed on another call, but got here as quickly as he could.  An hour later I have a new circulation pump and heater courtesy of Sundance.  All in one hours time, and it's pretty freakin cold outside right now- probably 15 degrees and getting windy.   His hands were in an out of the spa water several times, and he had no gloves.  His fingers must have been ice blocks by the time he was done.

Glad my dealer provides this level of service- it's kinda scary when it's this cold out and your spa heater wont fire up.  Now I know how well the spa holds temperature.   The water temperature only dropped about 5 degrees over 30+ hours.  Last night it got down to about 10 degrees.  I was pretty impressed about that.  

Never underestimate the value of good customer service.  I'd shudder to think what would have happened if I'd had ordered this spa from the internet, e-bay, Sams Club, etc.....

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

Positive Service Experience
« on: December 01, 2005, 05:26:00 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Positive Service Experience
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 05:38:09 pm »
You mean to tell me that your full-foam spa went 30 hours in below freezing temperatures with no power and it didn't freeze like a block of ice?  No way!

And here I thought all this time you were a nice person who didn't lie about your spa's capabilities.  EVERYONE will tell you that a FF spa will freeze in a matter of hours with no power in below freezing conditions.  You're getting a lump of coal for Christmas.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 05:58:34 pm »
So Term. where is the pic of the day with your brand new camera?

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 06:15:45 pm »
I thought it had to be a DAIT insulated, heated thing to work.
Isn't Full Foam plain nonsense?

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 06:19:46 pm »
Ok Term, you busted me.  

Really what happened is that once the FLO error hit, being a FF spa, it went into superfreeze mode, just like on that movie Day After Tomorrow.  
 This big cold wave just went zooming across the spa, and froze everything in it's path instantly.  
It won't be global warming that'll cause the next ice age, it willl be mass freeze up's of full foam hot tubs.

Brewman

Ehizzle

• "We're not here to talk nonsense to Bob Lablaw"
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 06:40:54 pm »
st18901,
Some of the other comments on this post are pretty sarcastic. Was that a serious question?

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 06:42:53 pm »
um...

;)

J._McD

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 09:17:21 pm »
....I called service...the tech arrived a few hours later...An hour later I have a new circulation pump and heater courtesy of Sundance.  All in one hours time, and it's pretty freakin cold outside right now- probably 15 degrees and getting windy.  

Glad my dealer provides this level of service- it's kinda scary when it's this cold out and your spa heater wont fire up.  Now I know how well the spa holds temperature.   The water temperature only dropped about 5 degrees over 30+ hours.  Last night it got down to about 10 degrees.  I was pretty impressed about that.  

Never underestimate the value of good customer service.  I'd shudder to think what would have happened if I'd had ordered this spa from the internet, e-bay, Sams Club, etc.....

THE courtesy of THE DEALER & Sundance.....

Never underestimate the value of A good DEALER WHO PROVIDES customer service

Sorry Brewman, just couldn't resist. ;)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 09:18:50 pm by J._McD »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 12:49:22 am »
Feel free to pipe in anytime.

For the person who asked if this was a legitimate post, it was.  This actually happened this morning.  

Terminator and a couple others were just having a little fun, and that's the way I likes it.

I was also trying to illustrate the value of having a dealer who puts service as a high priority, backed up by a company who honors their warranty.  

K?
Brewman

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2005, 04:53:57 am »
Hey Brewman....how old was this circ pump and can you expect another to last just as long and if it isn't very long are there other options. Did you watch him replace it so you can do-it-yourself incase they do go out often and you are replacing them after warranty. And how much do they cost.

This is the valuable stuff for me. Couple reasons, I am a repair guy on the side for any brand. And I prevent freeze damage here in Northern Minnesota before repairs are made. It's funny how that freeze stuff sells up here!
Retired

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2005, 09:36:16 am »
So Term. where is the pic of the day with your brand new camera?

Ain't got time right now amigo!  I've got 180 people coming to my store for a party tomorrow night and we are in scrambling mode.  I'm leaving in a few minutes to go get 12 cases of wine, 20 cases of beer, and 10 cases of soda pop.

Next week, I'm gonna have so many pics it'll make you sick.

Oh, Tammy's coming and two new local girls to model the hot tubs! ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2005, 09:40:40 am »
The spa is about 30 months old.  
I did watch the repairs, I like to do that when I can.
The tech needed a spare set of hands a couple of times, and I was glad to assist.  I felt sorry for the guy, it was really cold yesterday afternoon.  
Anyway....
It looks very easy to replace the circulation pump on my spa.   I would have no trouble replacing the pump on my own if I ever have to.
Not sure how much the part was, the repair summary didn't list parts prices.  Since it was under warranty, I assume the retail price of the pump isn't what Sundance pays the dealer anyway.  But that's just my guessing.

The tech did point out there was some calcium chunks in the circulation plumbing, and I suspect that this may have had something to do with this FLO error somehow.  I'm going to spend this morning talking to some local spa people to see if there is anything I can do to minimize this calcium in the future.

I am also going to post this question to the board, and see what suggestions I get.

Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 09:54:14 am »
You mean you didn't have to  call several times and then finally post messgaes to the internet to get a response?

You mean you didn't have to wait over a week to get the replacement part in the mail?

You mean you didn't  have to install the part yourself?

You mean you didn't accidently find out your tub wasn't manufactued correctly and you might get a visit from some stranger sometime in the next few weeks, and that you're #6 on some list?

Huh.

07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2005, 12:36:01 pm »
That's exactly what I mean.  
Brewman

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 04:31:44 pm »
Two and a half years for a circ pump seems very short.  They do look extremely easy to replace though.  Cost you about $160.00 for a new one.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 04:31:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42