What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 6 months with my Coleman  (Read 4602 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
6 months with my Coleman
« on: December 01, 2005, 12:09:59 pm »
I can't believe it's been 6 months with my Coleman but, it has!  So Here's my review after 6 months:

My hot tub has been a god send I don't know what I ever did without it! I can get my pain level from a 10 to an 8 with the hot tub and all my other things that I've been trying.  With the weather getting bad and my back in this insane loop of pain I've been trying to get to the hot tub for at least 30 min 3-4 times a day and it seems to be helping a bit. As you all know this hot tub was specifically for my chronic back pain and so far has done pretty well keeping my pain level down a bit. I spend more time in my hot tub than most people do. Because of my pain level it's been difficult to get out to the tub as much as I'd like to but I've tried to get out as much as I can and just sit with the jets off and soak then the jets go on about 15 min into my soak and I start stretching at the 30 min mark...I usually spend about 1 hour at a time in the hot tub.

I do have to say for the most part the Coleman has been the best purchase I've ever made! It's really been a very maintanance free addition to my home! I keep the temp at about 100 degrees and I think could probably go up more if I needed to. Since the weather has been so bad (it's snowed almost every day since we got back from thanksgiving with the in-laws) I've found going to the hot tub to be a delightful part of my routine! Anyway...that's my opinion gang and that's my first 6 months with the Coleman!!!!!

Hot Tub Forum

6 months with my Coleman
« on: December 01, 2005, 12:09:59 pm »

cappykat

Re: 6 months with my Coleman
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 12:15:41 pm »
Hi backpains...good to hear from you again, though sorry to hear about your constant back problems.

You'd think I'd be in our tub everyday.  I hate to admit this but we haven't been using ours as much as I thought we would.  I think it's because we haven't finished the house projects and too much is going on at the moment.  I hope once the holidays are over we will be in 3-4 times a week.

Glad to hear the Coleman is helping with your pain and it's been a good tub for you.  

Take care and have a great holiday season!!
2005 Marquis Epic

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 12:54:14 pm »
Cappy, I am sending you some really chilly weather over the holidays! So you will get yourself out in that tub.
And please figure out that soundsatons thing. when I told my husband you weren't impressed, he got upset and said he will send the tub back if it isn't like it was in the showroom! Ha we can't even get it here, let alone return it!
Backpains, I too am looking for some level of pain relief. I have chronic Lyme disease and by the time winter sets in, I will be all stiff and sore. The cold really seems to aggrivate the arthritis.  It's great that you are feeling better with yours!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

cappykat

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 01:50:39 pm »
Oh my gosh...I thought I told you about the soundsations!!  Ok, we went in the tub the other night and I told my husband he had to get the music right.  

The thing was the sound was very minimal...you could hardly hear it.  He looked at our system and there are 3-4 selections where you can change the speakers.  We had the speakers on A & B.  When he switched to just "B" that closed the speakers inside and put the speakers outside to the hot-tub.  Voila!!  Instant volume and we are LOV'IN it.  Now I know what you were talking about.  It's great and makes the spa experience even better!!

Your husband will not be disappointed!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 01:51:37 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 02:06:20 pm »
Thank you Cappy!!!! that really makes me feel better. I couldn't imagine what they did in the showroom to make it sound so fantastic  but that was just what my husband expected! Now if the %^$$#@ thing would just get here. I'm getting a bit suspicious because I probably could have driven out to Oregon and picked it up myself (in a rented Lowes truck) by now! :-/

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 03:31:41 pm »
Backpains, great to see you are still around.  I'm glad the tub has worked out so well for you.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: 6 months with Backpains
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 04:01:08 pm »
Here is my 6 month review of Backpains.    She got to 100 posts faster than anyone ever on this forum, and she takes kidding about that well.   You will always be welcome.  Glad its working out.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 12:06:33 am »
Seems like yesterday Backpains.  I do remember you set a posting record your first few weeks. :D
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

jdheffer

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 07:47:52 pm »
Hey Backpains!  Glad to hear everything is working out for you with the Coleman.  I too have cronic backpain and neckpain, so I am hoping my Epic will give me some relief.

Now if the %^$$#@ thing would just get here. I'm getting a bit suspicious because I probably could have driven out to Oregon and picked it up myself (in a rented Lowes truck) by now! :-/

Bonibelle, now you are starting to sound like me.  I take it you have not heard anything lately about the Epic?  

I called my dealer on Friday and mine is suppose to be "on the truck" this week.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed based on your "on the truck" experience.  Keep us posted.  

It hasn't been above freezing in two weeks, so I am definitely missing out on great tubbing weather.  

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2005, 08:37:59 pm »
Hey JD,

I started being a real pain in the neck... etc. to my dealer. I guess I just couldn't understand the really long delay from "on the truck" to on my deck.  Like you, I am a bit anxious because we are having unusually cold temps and woke up this morning to our first snow, with more expected on Monday night.  Anyway, I couldn't resist calling Saturday and found out that the tub had arrived that morning to the dealer. We are scheduled for delivery (and electric) on Wednesday morning.  I hope the snow doesn't put things on hold.  Keep the faith JD, maybe your truck doesn't have as far to go or as many stops to make. Soon we'll be asking about balancing our water and posting pictures of our families enjoying the tubs in the snow. ;)

jdheffer

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 09:21:27 pm »
Anyway, I couldn't resist calling Saturday and found out that the tub had arrived that morning to the dealer. We are scheduled for delivery (and electric) on Wednesday morning.  I hope the snow doesn't put things on hold.  ;)

That's great that your tub is in and you have a delivery date, congrats!!  I was wondering the same thing about how the snow will affect the delivery.

Any dealers have any insight on this?

We have about 4 fresh inches on the ground and my tub needs to be brought to my backyard and down a 3 foot retaining wall.  I'm not going to hear, "we can't deliver it until the snow melts", am I?

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 12:33:17 pm »
Much of the problems have to do with, believe it or not Christmas trees.  Huge numbers coming from Oregon on trucks.  There are fewer trucks for spas.  Obviously there is also larger numbers of trucks with products going this time of year anyway.  Keep the faith.  

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 08:04:28 pm »
Just remember, once the tub is installed and heated, you will forget all of this aggravation over the wait until delivery!

I happen to be an expert in that area!   ;) ;D :o ::)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 08:04:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42