What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ahhh...So this is why it bought it!  (Read 3681 times)

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
Ahhh...So this is why it bought it!
« on: December 01, 2005, 06:49:29 am »
Ahhh, Just came in from the first soak in my HS Grandee. A clear night sky coming on dawn, a hot tub, relaxing massage of muscles and the puzzled look of my black lab.
It was also nice to see that it is almost entirely screened from the neighbors. While I wore a suit this morning, I think I can get away w/o one in the future.

Now it is just figuring the logistics of where to put my robe and slippers, the warm towel, and where to dry off inside!

So this is what the buzz is all about!

What a way to start a day! ;D Unlike Brook, no kids to face inside. (I've got teens)
Can a day go REALLY bad if it starts with a soak?
BearBath

Hot Tub Forum

Ahhh...So this is why it bought it!
« on: December 01, 2005, 06:49:29 am »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
Re: Ahhh...So this is why it bought it!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 07:17:51 am »
Congratulations!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 08:03:56 am »
Just wondreing what you did about the water?  I have a soft water system also. There is a valve on the top of the unit to allow you to bypass the softner, I do it all the time to fill my fish tanks.  Also it shouldn't take too long to flush out the cold water line.

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 05:59:12 pm »
Wellllll,
I actually have not done anything about it yet. I talked with the dealer tonight and asked him about the screw up. Naturally, his advice was to drain, bypass the softener, then refill. Now having a brand new tub, I really don't want to be without it for another 24 hours. Upon explaining this, he chuckled and said that I could probably wait until Sunday to do the drain/refill without suffering any damage. He also informed me about the location for the drains and valves. I had not noticed that HS recommends to fill the tub through the filter box, so that was helpful advice on his part.
Apparently nobody has developed a chemical fix for high sodium. (Revenue opportunity?)
I'm planning on another soak tonight after my wife gets back from her squash game!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 07:09:54 pm »
I have to thank you because I probably would have used the soft water (IF my tub actually ever shows up). I use it in my pool but not for my fish pond or tanks.  I think you would probably have to have a lot of evaporation before anything serious happened to your tub.  

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 07:17:45 pm »
Congratulations on the new tub, BearBath.

I too have a watersoftener.  My owners manual stated that I should use 1/2 soft and 1/2 not so that is what I did and have no problems at all.

chaunceyboyblu

• im daddy
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2005, 10:30:37 pm »
you could get the water from the cold side of your kitchen faucet or the outside spigots. all houses i have built have had those places plumbed before the softener. sometimes one spigot in the garage area would be soft to wash cars.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 06:57:41 pm »
Congratulations!

May you always have hot, clean, bubbly water!  

I put my towel & robe on the filter cover (have a Vanguard) and that way they are handy for me when I get out.  I take my plastic flip flops into the tub with me.

Enjoy spatopia!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 07:48:58 am »
Chauncey,
I checked out the basement plumbing before I posted. Unfortunately, my house is plumbed so that everything is passed through the softener unless I use the bypass valve and then everything goes without. If I had done the plumbing, I would have done as you suggested. Who needs to wash the car or water the lawn with softened water?
Thanks, Lori. I have a cart for our fireplace wood with a handle just at the right height to hang my Terry cloth robe. I'm leaving the flipflops on the top step before getting in. They are not too cold when I get out!
BearBath

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 08:02:46 am »
I bought a large rubbermade tub with a hinged cover and keep it next to the tub for the winter.  Throw in your towel and robe, close the top and you are  set.  It keeps them from getting cold and damp.  Now if I could just figure a way to tub    when the wind is blowing 30 mph I would be set.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 08:47:57 am »
I also bought a small Rubbermaid deck box for the robes or towels. I thought that I would make a fabric bag and fill it with rice and flax. Just before we go out, I could microwave the bag and throw it in the bottom of the bin. It should keep all the stuff warm until we are done. I make the same sort of bags for heat therapy and my kids heat them up and throw them in bed on cold nights to warm up their feet!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 09:11:55 am »
Bearbath, as I am doing laundry right now, I had another soft water thought. You (or more likely your wife) have probably noticed how little laundry soap you use with soft water.  I think the soft water  also allows residual soap to stay in fabric.  If you use soap when washing bathing suits, be sure to rinse several times.
Years ago my friends invited all the kids in their new tub for a one time try and when my kids jumped in ....it almost instantly looked like a giant bubble bath.

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 06:58:57 pm »
Bonnibelle,
That is an interesting thought. So far, I am the most frequent user of the spa and I don't wear a suit, when I can avoid it... but that's another thread! I'll warn the kids about using a rinsed suit. (and my more modest wife!)
BearBath

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 06:58:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42