What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: stainless steel trim packages  (Read 3920 times)

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
stainless steel trim packages
« on: December 04, 2005, 05:48:12 pm »
I am looking into buying a spa and have seen some manufacturers offer a stainless steel upgrade on the jets any reason this would be a good or bad choice. Thanks for your help :)

Hot Tub Forum

stainless steel trim packages
« on: December 04, 2005, 05:48:12 pm »

Phil

• Icefish daily, Hot Tub afterwards!
Re: stainless steel trim packages
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 05:54:44 pm »
Just this morning I was sitting in my 04 D1 Nautilus.

I was thinking about the new 06 Nautilus coming out.  I thought, "I think I am going to get the SS upgrade!"

Why?  Probably the same reason I put 22" Alcoa wheels on the wifes Yukon!

Anyways, I sell Hot Tubs and my next tub will have SS just cause!

Keep the PH correct and I forsee no major problems.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 05:57:23 pm »
It is just for looks. If you like the shiny look of stainless steel, then buy it. If it is not that important to you, then consider other options instead, like a Cover Lifter, LED Lighting or Stereo. Personally, I really like the stainles steel and almost all of my floor models feature stainless. Probably about 80% of our spas sold, are ordered with stainless. It really is a nice look, especially with colors like Oyster Opal, White Pearl, Midnight Opal, Mystic Emerald and others. Don't forget the LED Lighting, to go with that stainless. Enjoy. Dave.

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 06:53:26 pm »
SS escutcheons are just put on so that the spa will look better in the showroom.  Once you turn on the jets, you can't see them.  

Measure once, cut twice.

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 07:53:36 pm »
Shinny hubcabs, if you want them they cost a little more but do nothing.  If you don't want them, there is absolutly nothing different other than less cost.  How much is in your wallet? ???

Suprisingly enough, with or without, the water is the same temperature and the experience is the same.

Your choice.

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 08:04:06 pm »
I'd like to thank everybody for replying.  I know it is more of a looks thing than a performance thing. I was more worried about the effects of the chemicals you use in the spa and thier effect on the ss and how it would look years later.  

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 09:43:58 pm »
My experience with my spa has been the stainless looks like the day I bought it while the plastic tends to fade just a bit.  It is not noticable when the spa is full of water, but can see it when I drain.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 11:17:33 pm »
I like the ss escutcheons on our Optima.  They still look great going on 3 years.  I wouldn't spend a pile on them, but they came standard on the tub.  
Brewman

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 12:29:15 pm »
Nothing comes standard.  You'll pay on average $3-5 dollars per jet more for SS escutcheon.  30 jets $90 - 150.  I agree with an earlier comment:

1.  no showroom lights in your backyard
2.  you sit against the jets ( not staring at them)
3.  usually dark outside when you are using the spa
4.  there IS a greater chance for corrosion
5.  no performance enhancement

Hey nobody needs 20" rims,  but they buy them anyway.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 01:19:17 pm »
I would think too, that the Stainless steel would look better with some shell colors than others.  
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 02:14:19 pm »

Nothing comes standard.  

1.  no showroom lights in your backyard
2.  you sit against the jets ( not staring at them)
3.  usually dark outside when you are using the spa
4.  there IS a greater chance for corrosion
5.  no performance enhancement

I beg to differ.  The 2003 Optima's all came with them- they were not optional.  They were put on all spas that came off the line.  Note I said standard- not free.  There is a difference.  
If anyone out there has a 2003 Optima without stainless steel escutcheons- I'd be happy to stand corrected.  
I agree that there is more potential for corrosion.  Only because plastic doesn't corrode.  Mine look fine so far going on 3 years.  

I would be intersted in hearing from any Sundance owners out there who have had corrosion problems with these, though.  
Brewman

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 04:17:37 pm »
Just for looks, you mean they don't kill bacteria  >:(

As for optional, I'd have to disagree. My Atresian Piper Glen came with then standard. I don't think that you can order them without.

Kyle #4 - Why yes, steel, even stainless steel is more prone to corrosion then plastic (something I learned in rocket science school ;) ). Then again the plastics more likely to fade.  

J._McD

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2005, 05:12:52 pm »
Most plastic jets are now grey.  when they were mostly white after 5 to 6 years they were definitly "off-white", but they always looked alike, unless you had one of the jets replaced for some reason, then you had 1 white jet while all the others were off white.

I have never had a single customer in 16 years have an issue with a Sundance stainless steele jet, however I have seen a very large number of of "mass" manufactures that have used cheap "chrome" jets that did in fact pit and turn green with corrosion.

With Artesian Piper Glen there is no choice to include or exclude SS jets just like Sundance you get "top of the line", however Artesian's Island Line,, SS is an option to include or exclude.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 05:15:05 pm by J._McD »

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2005, 05:14:15 pm »
They look real shiny against my Black Pearl finish. Whether at night or in daytime, the contrast makes those jets *pop!* right off the surface of the acrylic. Sure the reason's aren't all practical but isn't a Hot Tub a luxury item by most people's standards anyway?

Stainless Steel escutcheons just make it all look like a much classier operation in my opinion. ;D

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 05:52:37 pm »
  We went with the S/S jets because we liked the look, particularily against the whatever the fancy colour name is for the blue of our Sundance Majesta.  Not sure if there was an option or not, the boss told me what colour combination including the jets we were getting. True when you are sitting in it you don't see the jets but to us it really dressed it up. Like a lot of things when you look for a tub, it's a rounding error.   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2005, 05:52:37 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42