What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Avoid physical contact with product  (Read 3548 times)

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
Avoid physical contact with product
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:11:50 am »
  :o  This warning  or something simular seems to be on every chemical label that I have seen that you use in spas.  It kind of makes me wonder if the benifits of soaking in a spa out weigh the dangers of all the chemicals you have to put in them to supposedly make them safe.  Getting second thoughts about buying a tub. :-/

Hot Tub Forum

Avoid physical contact with product
« on: December 05, 2005, 09:11:50 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Avoid physical contact with product
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 09:22:32 am »
Most of these warnings are to the lowest common denominator folks- the idiots without commons sense who'd be inclined to file lawsuits against these companies.  You know- something like- "Well nobody told ME that I couldn't use dichlor to brush my teeth, or bromine to salt my veggies- you know the types.

Adding a scoop of a chemical to hundreds of gallons of water isn't the same as direct contact with the same.  

Hundreds of thousands of people, probably more, soak in spas each year, and if there was really a problem here there would be a huge uproar.  

Don't let that worry you.  There are a lot a ways to maintain spa water, look into that as well as the spa itself.  

Brewman

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 09:35:50 am »
 :o  This warning  or something simular seems to be on every chemical label that I have seen that you use in spas.  It kind of makes me wonder if the benifits of soaking in a spa out weigh the dangers of all the chemicals you have to put in them to supposedly make them safe.  Getting second thoughts about buying a tub. :-/

If you are going to be intimidated or negativly influenced about buying a Hot Tub because of warnings or disclaimers on chemical bottles, I think you are going to be blown away trying to get through the shopping process.

Consider this, We do live in a litigious society and members of this industry, as well as it's membership association have been successfully sued by litigants who dove into pools that did not even have diving boards while under the influence and have had to pay out millions of $$$$'s for silly and stupid reasons.  Go figure, better safe than to pay.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 11:29:06 am »
blizzard,
Do you also avoid swimming pools? There's very little (if any) difference between spa & pool chemicals. If you have second thoughts about hot tubs you better reconsider swimming pools, too.
Think about it. You've got +/- 400 gallons of water you'll be soaking in for at least 2 to 4 months at a time. You have to use some chemicals and move the water through filters to keep it from getting stagnant.
Stagnant water: :P now that's a scary thought!

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 12:16:03 pm »
Brewman...try over 8 million hot tubs in use.

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2005, 12:29:12 pm »
Never realy thought much about dangerous chemicals put in swimming pools, because I've never owned one and had to keep up the water sanitization.  Up till now I've never had to read the fine print.  I don't think it will stop me from enjoying spatopia.  What is considered safer Bromine or chlorine sanitizing systems and is one more expensive to maintain than the other. Thanks again for your help.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 02:20:55 pm »
There are products like Baqua Spa, which is not chlorine or bromine based, and that regimen is pretty darn spendy.  We couldn't get it to work, and abandoned it after about a year.  
I've heard that ozone reduces the need for certain chemicals, but I don't have ozone so I don't know the reality of it.  But then again, I've heard possible bad things about ozone and health, too.
Talk to a couple spa dealers in your area and see what they offer, and how much more it costs than the basic dichlor or bromine.

8 million spas!  Wow way more than I thought.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 02:20:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42