What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Artesian Owner  (Read 2099 times)

trsm

• Clydesdale Runner
New Artesian Owner
« on: December 02, 2005, 08:17:36 pm »
Also posted review of tub after one month in REVIEWS section.

Been a quite observer of this board for last 1.5 years. Hope my info helps someone like me who was looking for all kinds of opinions.

Spent last 1.5 years wet testing many tubs, Artesian, Jacuzzi, Caldera, Nordic, Sundance. Was ready to buy Artesian Opel last December when vehicle died and had to buy a new one, there went the hot tub fund money. Started looking actively again 3 months ago and decide to start at a lower price point so that if we didn't use it as much as we thought not out allot of money.  

Even though this is the lower end of the Artesian line I felt it had better jet pressure than the Platnium Falcon Cove and comparable to the Opel. Obviously without all the bells and whistles. We paid at least half what the othe tubs would be. So I was willing to give up some conveniences.

We are a family of 4 with 2 kids, 7 and 10. Planned on using for family together time vs. entertaining as this tub is only 78" round and a small footwell. But it works great for us. One main diverter value to go between back jets and foot/whirlpool jet. Can keep diverter in middle to get both although pressure is diminished. There is one "master" seat, I call it, with a V-shape set of back jets that works great. The other 4 back jet seats are 2 jets stacked on top of each other, not therapy intended but good enough. Has air valves that adds tremendous boost to jet pressure and is how I use it most. When all in the tub we tend to not have on air and sometimes no jets at all, just us and the stars, nice and quiet. Once the kids and wife go in I can close off all the back jets except for the "master" seat and get a good back workout. Then I divert to just the footjet for a blast to the feet the keeps the feet buzzing long after I get out of the tub. If you divert to just the Whirlpool jet it will rip your suit off so be careful. I was surprised how much I enjoy the open seating vs. the formed seats in many of the tubs I tested, plus the cool down steps get used by all of us.

Got a great deal, I think, price was $3,250.00 including cover, circ pump, ozone, start chems, delivery and setup. 3 year warranty of all plumbing, heaters, etc. Dealer was great, we did two wet tests on this tub. Small blemish on edge of shell got me $300 off.

Tub is outside on a pad that is made of brick pavers, 3 inches of gravel and 1 inch of sand. Supposed to snow tonight so another first in the tub. Thanks for reading hope it helps.

Hot Tub Forum

New Artesian Owner
« on: December 02, 2005, 08:17:36 pm »

J._McD

Re: New Artesian Owner
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 12:23:08 am »
Isn't it great just to be in Hot Water.  your shopping experience has come to it's reward, now you can sit back and enjoy.  You will probably trade this one in in 5 years a geat all the bells and whistles, BUT it will have the same Hot Water to enjoy.

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 06:04:21 pm »
My wife and I have had the Artesian Emerald for almost 6 months now---LOVE IT.  We have now got the water chemicals down pretty good--we check on Tuesdays and Fridays and are not chemical happy and checking several times like we first were.  Noticed about a 10-15 dollar raise on the electric bill.  In my opinion just a great spa and no problems what so ever.

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2005, 07:26:01 pm »
Sounds like you got a great deal. Enjoy

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 09:28:23 pm »
You are now in hot water, the good kind. For your round spa, did you purchase a cover lifter? If not, Leisure Concepts, makes a great lifter, specifically for round tubs. It works great. It is called the Covermate Freestyle. To see it go their website at www.leisureconcepts.com . Goodluck and enjoy your ne tub. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2005, 09:28:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42